[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your personal top 10 guitarists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: aristides_070_custom_jackel.jpg (384KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
aristides_070_custom_jackel.jpg
384KB, 2048x1366px
this should be fun

in no order:

>guthrie govan
>allan holdsworth
>aaron marshall
>plini
>shawn lane
>jerry cantrell
>tosin abasi
>javier reyes
>ian d'sa
>shane gibson
>>
>>73236082
Buckethead
Marty Friedman
Kiko Loureiro
Dave Mustaine

That's pretty much it.
>>
you have awful taste. they're mostly technicians. their music is shite, i mean come on, really: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8fzsE7tWU
cringeworthy
>>
>>73236130
thanks for the input faggot

almost as if music is subjective
>>
Jim Hall
Grant Green
Buzz Osborne
Tony Iommi
Luc Lamay
John McLaughlin
J Mascis
>>
>>73236107
dad get off the board
>>
File: 20170427_053845.jpg (2MB, 999x3884px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_053845.jpg
2MB, 999x3884px
This is Shawn Lane's guitar. I've played it.
>>
>>73236249
you may as well. he can't anymore
>>
>>73236249
beauty. my dad owns a lane signature excalibur and it's a joy to play. really love the flat fingerboard
>>
File: bill-murray.jpg (65KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
bill-murray.jpg
65KB, 400x500px
>>73236274
>>
>>73236130
>mostly technicians

I think you head someone say that word about guitarists, but dont know how to properly apply it to them because govan certainly isnt a technician.

maybe consider staying within your hip hop realm, and not making an actual fool of yourself?

maybe
>>
>>73236324
>govan certainly isnt a technician
what world are you living in?
>>
>>73236307
I didn't know they produced a signature series. The bass player in my band was very close friends with Shawn and was given some of his guitars after death. He really didn't take care of himself at all and between bad health and every drug possible just died
>>
Kurt Cobain
>>
>>73236350
what world are you living in? is every guitarist that is above average a technician? i'm assuming you think all these guys play without "feel" and shred mindlessly, which is a pretty ignorant stance to have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaH2C2Qe97Y
>>
>>73236082
>Ian D'sa
Good taste, mad underrated.
>>
>>73236539
why do you assume i think that? i have no doubt they have emotions and put them into their playing. i just said their music is shite, which it is; which is why the only following govan and his ilk get are the legions of mediocre bedroom guitarists who idolise his 'mad skillz'. the music itself is painful to listen to if you have any knowledge or taste whatsoever and is composed and performed simply as a showcase for their virtuosity. if the music was actually good he'd sell records and not be a 'guitarist's guitarist'
>>
>>73236728

>if you have any knowledge or taste whatsoever

you lost all credibility after saying that

you're a fucking idiot if you think you have superior "knowledge and taste" for liking or not liking certain music
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.