[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ play an instrument? I want to pick up bass guitar or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Zach_Hill_2012.jpg (68KB, 417x546px) Image search: [Google]
Zach_Hill_2012.jpg
68KB, 417x546px
Does /mu/ play an instrument?
I want to pick up bass guitar or drums
I'm 26, I hope it's not to late.
>>
>>73235524
IT'S NOT TO LATE
IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

reply to this and u will find 100$ by the end of dis week
>>
>>73235624
me pls
>>
>>73235524
Bass guitar is pretty easy, man
you've got no worries
>>
>>73235624
gimmie
>>
>>73235624
I'm not superstitious, but I am poor and desparate
>>
>>73235524
bass is super fun and it's never too late
>>
>>73235624
I need this
>>
>>73235693
>>73235728
what about drums?
>>
>>73235524
YEE
>>
>>73235927
Drums will probably take more time, effort and money than bass, but it's doable. Again, it's never too late to start playing music! The only thing stopping yourself from gitting gud is you.
>>
>>73235927
Never played drums, they don't seem too difficult just judging the mechanics of it
>>
>>73235624
I agree with this, OP. It is absolutely NEVER too late to start.

and also want that $100
>>
>>73235728
This desu
Bass will give you a lot of intuition that you might not pick up playing guitar too, at least I'd you're playing rock-derivative music. I don't play the drums, but I'd assume the same would go for them.
>>
>>73235624
yes
>>
>>73235624

this comment is cancerous
I do need the money tho
>>
>>73235524
I play guitar, bass, synths, piano, and program my own drum samples, can sing and have made everything from pop music, folk, and experimental electronic music.

I didn't even really pick up guitar until I was around 19, and I don't really do dumb stuff like shredding, but I usually compose for multiple instruments and do everything myself.

>>73235693
>>73235728
Bass is extremely easy to learn and if you're already a guitarist then you know how to play bass. It's not a guitar in the sense that you don't play chords. In many genres I like the bass playing more than the guitar playing.

>>73235927
>>73235956
>>73235977
Drums are hard to be good at. At the very least you could be competent at them. For instance, I've "played" drums, and while it may do for a track, it's nowhere near as good as having a dedicated drummer play it. Percussion is really the one thing that I notice with a rock band other than the guitar.
>>
>>73235624
yes
>>
Bassists are useless unless they're black.

Drummers are always useful, and if you learn that first you can have time to learn anything else or find a band to play in.
>>
>>73235624
plz meme magic
>>
drums
started playing when I was like 9
if you don't have a good sense of rhythm to begin with, it's too late.
if u can tell u keep good time, you've air drummed to songs, you tap when you're bored, if you can clap along to songs, etc go for it because you naturally have the rhythmic ability to be good at drums.
>>
>>73236668
>if you don't have a good sense of rhythm to begin with, it's too late.
>if u can tell u keep good time, you've air drummed to songs, you tap when you're bored, if you can clap along to songs, etc go for it because you naturally have the rhythmic ability to be good at drums.

See, this is what I'm talking about, drums are very important because you need to have a sense of rhythm, if you're shit at drums it definitely won't help you in any way. You can be shit at guitar or bass or keys and no one would notice, but drums are an entirely different story.
>>
you can become an okay drummer without a drumkit
>>
>>73236868
>you can become an okay drummer without a drumkit

It's still not a good drummer, and a good drummer is an opportunity you should never pass up as a band.
>>
>>73235624
im 1000€ in debt dont lie please
>>
>>73235624
fuck (You)
>>
How do I learn how to play piano like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCqxuORnoes
What kind of tricks do you have to know to be able to pull off this kind of playability?
Also, I kind of just want to be able to jam on piano so what would I need to know to be able to hear a guy on drums and a guy on bass and play along?
Does 2-5-1 philosophy go out the window during jam sessions with pentatonic scale playing guitar players?
>>
>>73235624
Eyy
>>
>>73235624
ok
>>
>>73237292
It depends. I occasionally jam with jazz musicians, and as a keyboards player, you're similar to the bass guitar, in which you are carrying some of the other instruments. My philosophy is that you don't always have to control the music, but you can shift in in various directions. The most important thing is learning how to adapt to the various key and scale changes. That takes a lot of "studying" (learning key signatures and listening for notes and playing along) In terms of physically learning to play like this, I recommend that you get your hands used to stretching about an octave, and that you practice moving up and down the keys with classical music. Just my opinions
>>
Started drumming lessons a year ago. Going strong and not losing motivation, but gotta admit progress on this instrument is nothing like what I imagined. It feels like there are infinite things to train on doing all the time and trying to integrate them is especially taxing.
>>
>>73236358
post music
>>
>>73237558
>post music
Why would I post my music on /mu/? Come on now, I have bigger fish to fry.
>>
Been singing for 12 years (w/ vocal training)
Playing guitar for 7 years.
Playing piano for 3.
>>
File: 1496550368610.gif (1011KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1496550368610.gif
1011KB, 350x272px
I can play anything with strings.

The first instrument is the hardest, then the next one is kinda tough. After that you can pick up new instruments and music theory extremely easy.

It's not too late. I started when I was 12, but that doesn't mean anything. I didn't get serious until I was 17 when I joined a band. I'm 20 now.

It's just about how hard you try. 10 good hours is more beneficial than 100 hours of no effort playing along with your piano class (like me).
>>
>>73236358
>>73237640
Also I've been making albums for about 10 years now and know enough about production/mixing to produce for other people.
>>
>>73237640
b/c i wanna hear it
>>
>>73235624
u
>>
>>73235624
yes please
>>
I'm 26 OP, my main instruments are bass and piano. I also play guitar.
It depends. See, I play bass, but I also own an upright bass: it's nothing like a bass guitar, and even after 5 years, I can't play it as good as I play the bass guitar.

this year, I learned how to play the banjo and the ukulele. never really played a real drum set, sometimes I record a little tracking beat with a couple of drum sticks a friend of mine gave me.

go for for it, and play bass
>>
>>73237445
Can you possibly tell me the chords or the scale of that song??
>>
>>73235624
HEY HO NIGGERS HAVE GOT TO GO
>>
>>73235624
ohhh yes
>>
>>73236358
Literally anything is hard to be good at most people who play instruments suck
>>
>>73235624
Thanks man
>>
I'm 23. I recently started playing the bass and found it easy (i've been playing guitar since i was 15, but i'm not pro by any means).

I think you wouldn't have much trouble learning bass, OP. Drums as first instrument is kind of a hassle and quite a lot more difficult to progress in my opinion.

It depends on what kind of music you want to play, of course.
>>
>>73235624
I want to believe
>>
>>73235624
gib plz
>>
>>73235624
is magic real?
>>
>>73235624
>IT'S NEVER TOO LATE
actually sometimes it's really too late
>>
>>73235524
Been playing guitar for 10 years
learning instruments is a waste of time, don't do it
>>
File: C6gJawvU0AAIRpA.jpg_large.jpg (61KB, 537x720px) Image search: [Google]
C6gJawvU0AAIRpA.jpg_large.jpg
61KB, 537x720px
>>73235624

o
>>
Okie
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.