[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frank Zappa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Frank GOdza.jpg (33KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Frank GOdza.jpg
33KB, 460x276px
Where do I go next with Zappa? These are the albums I listened to so far ranked from the most enjoyed to the least.
Hot Rats (9/10)
Jazz From Hell
Sgt Peppers's mockery
Waka/Jawaka
One Size Fits All
Uncle Meat
Freak Out! (4/10)
>>
File: Zappa_Joe's_Garage.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zappa_Joe's_Garage.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>WHY DOES IT HURT WHEN I PEEEEEEE
>>
>>73230787
lmao why did I even ask, I guess this is essential zappa core
>>
>>73230758
Weasels Ripped My Flesh and Lumpy Gravy
>>
>>73230758
Grand Wazoo
Over Nite Sensation
Roxy and Elsewhere
>>
you'll understand freak out one day
>>
>not listening to Ruben and the Jets

Pleb

Also this:
>>73230787
>>
>>73230993
>youll undestand boring pop one day
ok then
>>
>>73231129
>doesn't understand it yet
>>
>>73231129
>help i'm a rock
>the return of the son of monster magnet
>boring pop
>>
>>73231159
ok then, it's 82.54256% boring pop, happy?
>>
>>73230758
Is it worth getting into Zappa?
>>
>>73231314
yes
>>
>>73230758
We're Only In It For The Money
>>
>>73231217
Not the dude you were responding to, but it's all parody. Not exactly "pop." Zappa is an absolute master of playing the styles of music he mocks, better than most artists in that respective genre, that's a huge part of what makes him so good. Spend more time with Freak Out because if you can't appreciate that, you will miss out on a lot in the rest of his catalog. The rest of his catalog definitely sounds different, but his M.O remains fairly consistent and is laid out in Freak Out
>>
>>73230758
Roxy & Elsewhere
Apostrophe(')
Chunga's Revenge
Burnt Weeny Sandwich
>>
>>73231314
definitely, there's no such thing as a casual zappa fan. once you "get" his music, not much can compete.
>>
>>73231217
He's parodying songs about relationships and listening to Freak Out! should make you laugh at your own "relationship issues". If you simply can't fathom the idea of music with a sense of humor and satire, maybe artists like Zappa aren't for you. I've discovered many phenomenal artists I would've never thought I'd listen to thanks to branching out from his music. This also applies to:
>>73231314
>>
>>73231217
>ok then, it's 82.54256% boring pop, happy?
Funny how no one dares to claim that about the Beatles, Beach Boys, The Kinks and other similar bands.
>>
File: MI0002819071.jpg (47KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002819071.jpg
47KB, 500x386px
>>73230758
Joe's Garage
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.