[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: musikkhistorie.png (29KB, 537x598px) Image search: [Google]
musikkhistorie.png
29KB, 537x598px
I want to spend the summer getting to know the different kinds of the main genres, when and where they emerged from, starting at the beginning. I think its going to really improve my playing and make me a more versatile musician. I am ofcourse already familiar with many of the genres listed, I'm not completely new and expecting to achieve deep knowledge in just this period.

I made this list and I plan to go through them during my 11 week vacation, but I need to know if it's accurate and if its something major that I've missed

(Also, the first category "Klassisk" is my native language for "Classical", I think the rest of the genres are understandable in english)
>>
Are you Norwegian or something
>>
>>73227495

are you being serious? Aside from Jazz, you're missing a lot. And with Jazz, you missed Post-Bop and what is being coined 'Post-Jazz' (Check out Polar Bear, A Comet Is Coming & Sons of Kemet)

here's a fairly good interactive list to start with:

http://www.musicmap.info/
>>
>>73227495
Perhaps add more than just... Dubstep
Electronic music has so much better to offer. Just look at downtempo stuff like Tycho, good lofi like HOME...
>>
why is there an entry for just 'rock' and why does it come chronologically after folk rock and art rock? also if you're gonna go into a dozen subgenres for jazz have the decency to expand on just 'punk', 'rock', hip hop', and 'electronica' (especially electronic music, you're pretty much missing like all of it)
>>
>>73227495
>disco in the 80s
Mid 70s buddy.
>>
are the columns suppose to represent anything?
>>
>>73228468
You say that like any of those genres are equivalent.

>>73227495
Scrap the entire chart and focus on 'classical'.
>>
>>73228527
dumb classicalposter, you don't have to say any two genres are equivalent in any way to recognise that both their labels cover a wide range of styles
>>
>>73227843
yeah

>>73228033
That's why I asked, thanks :)

>>73228282
Yeah I should've written that I'm a bassplayer and want to focus on the genres to gigs I'm actually going to get hired for doing. Sorry

>>73228468
You're right, my main focus have been on jazz when I wrote it, feel free to add to punk, rock and hip hop :)

>>73228486
Will correct this!

>>73228490
I didn't think much of it, I think I just subconsciously added a new column where I felt there was a drastic new branch evolving
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.