[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another "What does mu think of X"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: mu winehouse.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mu winehouse.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>73226192
What are your feelings on pic related?

There is an anti-pop circlejerk but she had a really potent voice at least; and an interesting life.

You can hardly call her waifu bait either. Her music stood on it's own merits (or lack therof), unlike /kpopgen/ where a horde of retards circlejerks over asian pixies they don't even understand.
>>
ignore cross thread, I was in that thread it gave me the idea
>>
>>73226315
>and an interesting life
The artist is not relevant for the art

>she had a really potent voice at least
>unlike /kpopgen/ where a horde of retards circlejerks over asian pixies they don't even understand

A could tell you dozens of better kpop vocalists than her
>>
Sometimes I really don't understand /mu/ criteria for judging music
>>
>>73227524
>The artist is not relevant for the art
Of course they are, the artist makes the art, they don't just deliver it.

>A could tell you dozens of better kpop vocalists than her
If you prefer plastic over leather, sure
>>
One hit wonder who probably had potential.

Rehab is a really bad song desu.
>>
>>73227675
Talking about the artist is just gossip, you can do it but really doesn't matter

I'm saying that technically a lot of kpop vocalists are better than her
If you care for lyrics then kpop is shit, if you don't then it isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpwG8f9nt4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZDgQpbZf40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwdUhZjgpKs
>>
>>73227896
Well I would expect a kpop fan to understand gossip but facts about an artist's life aren't just gossip unless you think the fact that Beethoven composed much of his best work while deaf is just gossip and not significant information.

On the subject of classical, the singers have even greater technique than kpopsters but technique isn't everything and music isn't a machine. I like my music for the emotions not the ability of the musicians. That is irrelivent though, kpopsters couldn't do what Winehouse could, winehouse couldn't really kpop and neither of them could really sing opera.
>>
>>73227524
>The artist is not relevant to the art
This, mainly.

It is true that by knowing about an artist's biography you can better understand their motives for writing certain pieces and gain insight into them, but ultimately it is the end product that which matters most. In the end, whatever you think you know about an artist's life may or may not be true. Unless you actually met the artist in question, you cannot ever know for certain what their life was like. The only way you can get close to their real thoughts is through the art they make.

On that note, I don't really like her music. It's a pseudo jazz that has gone through the pop machine, and it ends up feeling heartless and sterile. The themes she usually covered were very whiny (wah, my bf left me 'cause i cheated, wah, i can't stop doing drugs, wah, i like sex, wah) and unrelatable to anyone who's not a drug addicted sexy girl.

Not that art needs to be relatable, art doesn't need to be anything, but given that she was a pop artist and did what pop artists do, which is, to relate to as many people as they can, she wasn't very good at it.

She became popular because of the novelty. She put out her music during a time when mainstream pop was at its most uninteresting. Along comes a weirdly cute girl with a jazzy feel and people went nuts over her. But in reality, her work isn't nearly as interesting as people make it out to be.
>>
>>73226315
I'm listening to her right now.

It's a shame her dad was such a complete selfish fucker.
>>
>>73228034
Also, Rehab is a terrible, terrible song.
>>
>>73228000
Beethoven composing while deaf is admirable, but I don't know if it makes the music itself better. Mozart being a cunt surely doesn't make his music worse.

I know technique is not everything and style plays a really important role into music, baroque is boring af. Is just that you were shitting on kpop for no reason, it's a genre that changed a lot in the last 5-4 years and I'm tired of clueless people trashtalking what they don't know. I'm just bored.

Amy Winehouse was nice IMO
>>
>>73226315
>anti-pop circlejerk
We only discuss pop music in here
>>
Fuck the haters!
Amy Winehouse was GOAT and we lost another great talent to the 27 Club!
>>
don't even like kpop. but amy winehouse was overrated AF. even when she was alive
>>
>>73228100
I used to like kpop when it was all about catchy dance music now this gook rap shit is fucking lame.
I miss 4minute.
>>
>>73226315
She was incredibly talented, up there with Chris Cornell in terms of vocal bigness. Seems like the most talented are the most troubled. I like some of her songs, a lot of it is too popy for my tastes but her talent cannot be denied. Most singers these days are such weak sauce and couldn't hold a candle to her.
>>
>>73229239
I don't think most kpop is gook rap shit tho, the true problem is the tropical house meme

Also, let's stop talking about kpop, I don't wanna go too offtopic
>>
>>73229379
it is on topic. why would OP single out kpop for no reason.
>>
I like Why You Never Became a Dancer, not sure about her other stuff.
>>
>>73229387
Kpop is shit. Like if you like it that's cool and all, but you gotta see it for what it is. Vapid repetitive crap designed to make money.
>>
>>73229420
Blame USA for making the business come before the art
And I like pop music, kpop is just a more addictive version of it with a bigger variety.
>>
>>73229420
>Vapid repetitive crap designed to make money.
thats all mainstream music in general. whats your point?
>>
>>73226315
She's the definition of wasted talent.
>>
>>73229485
Yeah the record companies want them shekels. You know for some reason in Japan they still buy CDs. Tower records is still a thing over there.
>>
>>73229548
I'm sure some people here think its somehow different as it ain't western. All my point was you gotta enjoy things for what they are, no shit all mainstream music is like how you describe.
>>
>>73229594
>I'm sure some people here think its somehow different as it ain't western.
just like how some ppl think death grips are inaccessible "normie" proof shit. i still don't see the point of singling out kpop for no reason.
>>
>>73229612
Op mentioned kpop thats why i mentioned it. Death grips give me a headache, i literally can't listen to one song of theirs half way i get a headache even if I'm stoned.
>>
>>73229562
Most wanted talent don't get to make a good album let alone two, which is the case of Amy Winehouse
>>
>>73229562
Did she really had much more to offer?
>>
>>73229639
fiar enough
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.