[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mr. Bunglecore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 119776.jpg (339KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
119776.jpg
339KB, 1400x1400px
Anyone made a chart yet?

What's some of your favorite bunglecore artists?
>>
Explain the term Bunglecore. Just artists that sound like Mr. Bungle? What rules are set to determine this? I am confused.
>>
>>73211495

Did somebody say quick rundown?

SC3 has always been one of the most godly live shows you can see.
Estradasphere was great.
Some of Tubring's stuff was good.
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum wasn't that hot.
That DEP ep that Patton sang on was fantastic.
Dog Fashion Disco shouldn't even be mentioned.
Incubus kinda stopped cribbing from Bungle right after the Enjoy ep.
Trevor Dunn plays great masturbatory jazz.
Ches Smith has lowkey been one of the best studio/live drummers of the last decade.
>>
>>73211546
I think Bunglecore is comprised of two things.

One being all of the projects that Mr. Bungle's members are associated with, like Secret Chiefs 3 and Fantomas.

The other is all other artists that are inspired by Mr. Bungle and/or follow a similar aesthetic and modus operandi in their music. Someone can explain this part better but I don't think there are any specific rules really. The music will just undeniably feel like bunglecore if that's what it is.
>>
>>73211657
would you say Idiot Flesh was better than SGM?

i guess Fantomas could count since it was half bungle
>>
Everything but Bungle themselves is garbage. Bungle themselves were lol butt monkeys randumb too, but at least they didn't overdo it.
>>
>>73211728
>they didn't overdo it

>that Grandpa Simpson voice in Carry Stress
>that chant in Goodbye Sober Day
>Patton literally putting recordings of air passing out of his butthole and through his buttcheeks into the music
>>
File: murtpurton.jpg (164KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
murtpurton.jpg
164KB, 800x1185px
>>73211701
I'm not familiar enough with Idiot Flesh to say one way or the other, and not just be talking out my ass. I'll make some time to listen to 'em though.

>>73211728
delet
>>
>>73211754
You forgot
>surrounded with great, catchy yet innovative music all around them
>>
>>73211657
Fist DFD album was somewhat bunglecore. The rest are just shitty generic metal albums.

Darth Vegas could fit into Bunglecore, too bad they don't play anymore.

Great band, if you like Mr Bungle i'd rec them.
>>
>>73211826
I love Darth Vegas, but some guy here called them shit and it made me sad.
>>
>>73211859
>Caring about /mu/ critizing something you like
>>
>>73211877
My taste is very important to me. I have to make sure it's top-tier.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.