[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/disappointment/ Talk about live shows that suck. >pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 61MC28X1RHL.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61MC28X1RHL.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
/disappointment/
Talk about live shows that suck.
>pic related
>>
>>73203764
Fuck. Thx for crushing my dreams m8
>>
>>73203764
YOU'RE A NUT!
>>
>>73203764
For real? Both of their albums flow like a live show/a DJ mix

Do they use turntables live?
>>
how come senpai, i went in April and I thought it was great
>>
>>73204230
not op, but no they dont,
>>
>>73203821
>>73204194
>>73204230
>>73204233
Vocal loops done by literally who's that got winded after 3 songs. it was played live, which was exciting, but it fell very flat as it was played by very young people, which could have been good but just wasnt.
I wasn't expecting Since I Left You the concert, but what I got was a shell of what could have been.
>>
>>73204290
hmm, really? when i saw them they were pretty hyped and totally capable.
>>
>>73204290
What did the original members do?

I know that kind of music is near impossible to reproduce live but I had hoped they at least do a skilled DJ mix, damn
>>
>>73204362
i think only two or three of the original members perform, rest were new
>>
>>73204384
they played guitar and synths mainly. mostly live instrumentation
>>
>>73204339
That's lucky man. I only wish it was like that. It wasn't the worst show, just real real lackluster, but I'm glad you enjoyed them.

>>73204362
Guitar and the other sort a had a keyboard set up that was very quiet. Maybe the venue messed up the sound but I don't think so.
>>
>>73204427
sorry senpai,
>>
>>73204445
All good man. If you can see them though, might as well knock it off of the live list before they don't make another album for almost 2 decades. I just hope mine was an outlier
>>
>>73203764
Their old shows were famous for being wild and amazing. Don't know what you were expecting 16+ years later after most of the band retired and one of the remaining two is dying
>>
>>73203764
I saw them in Hollywood and had a blast even though the show was pretty retarded.

They brought out Jennifer Herrema to play with them at the show (no idea who she is apart from someone they sampled on Wildflower), and she showed up abso-fucking-lutely wasted. I watched Toni enthusiastically introduce her, and his face immediately melted when he turned around and saw her being ushered out onto the stage by some techs, sloshing a mixed drink all over the stage and the techs that had her by the elbows. She stole the microphone and drunkenly tried to tell a story but they cut her off and started playing, and then she just dryhumped Toni while he was on the keyboards.

The Avalanches themselves also went off-stage for a while to let Spank Rock take over, and he brought out some super trashy white girl rapper named Amanda Blank who did a verse about how good her pussy tasted. Really out of place for an Avalanches show.

The main thing that was weird about it all was how much of a focus was on Spank Rock and whoever the frontwoman was. They were good but it was weird how they were guiding the show when they had nothing to do with the album at all and were just touring musicians. They were both really good at fronting the show, but they weren't The Avalanches.

Paris Jeffree on drums was hot. Also Robbie's guitar setup sounded really fantastic. That's all I got.
>>
i was at the show tonight op and it wasnt so bad.
i get what you are saying but honestly reproducing that music live is hard. i thought the two "who's" did a decent job at hyping the crowd and did well at performing the samples in the songs. drummer was killer. overall great energy at the show. ended a little early and i wish they played more SILY stuff, but overall it was a good time. i wish there was more DJ work and less hype-man esque shit from the touring musicians but ill take what i can get for an avalanches gig.the SILY songs went very hard and the crowd ate it up
>>
I saw them and yeah, pretty disappointing
They were late as fuck and their opener didn't even show.
Glad I was fucked up.
>>
Trentemoeller was shitty. Their newer stuff sounded grrat, but then they tried to cover their techno tracks with a live band.
Nice people though
>>
>>73204835
>one of the remaining two is dying
Wait what
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.