[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - drone edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 103

File: 1444187757618.jpg (391KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1444187757618.jpg
391KB, 1000x1000px
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>73173393
>>
Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 – Strangers from the Universe (1994)

First time listening to this, even though I’ve seen it posted so many times on /mu/. I kind of half expected it to be a carefully crafted experimental indie-rock masterpiece a la Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head or In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, but alas, it was not. The best parts of this album felt a little bit like Sonic Youth’s more far out records, and the worst parts felt mostly like a bunch of dudes found a stack of guitars and amplifiers and decided to muck about for fifteen minutes, recording an hour long session and trimming it down to a few minutes with no regard for coherence.

Too much was just rock music with distortion and some “noises” added on top, which I never like. Maybe I have myself to blame for expecting a thoughtfully orchestrated piece of musical haute couture, an avant-garde paragon of 90s rock music. If I had gone in with lower expectations, at least I would not be disappointed. I don’t really think it’s bad per se, and I think I understand why some people might enjoy,but I also don’t think it’s for me.

That's four listens for me today, which is better than I have done lately. I'm satisfied, I think.
>>
File: 1496672624791 copy.png (4MB, 1680x2198px) Image search: [Google]
1496672624791 copy.png
4MB, 1680x2198px
>Izipho Zam
My opinions on this were kinda the opposite of trip up's and co's, I loved the chanting, but felt the free parts fell short.

>Armenian Medieval Spiritual Music
This was absolutely gorgeous, beautiful chants and choirs.

>Come to my Garden
The singing was nice, it went on slightly to long and some of the tracks were too same-y, but it was average enough.

>Music for Church Cleaners
After a minute or two I realised I'd heard this already and hated it. The relisten didn't make it past the half-hour mark, I don't know.
>>
>>73197944
ayyy now co is the laggard
>>
File: essential daily.jpg (3MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
essential daily.jpg
3MB, 4231x6355px
/Daily/! Hi!
Doing a little break, I heard alot of new albums already today.
Started the day with another listen of Suicide and I still like it a lot, even raised the score up by 1.
But for new albums I heard John Fahey, but I didn't like much about it unfortunately...please don't hate me for that. I see that this needs alot of technical skills to play, and that's quite impressive, but ahhh, I just couldn't find anything that would make it interesting for me, I fear I'm just not that much interested in the musicality behind the music ...maybe I will learn that when I hear more music, but for now this was not for me.
The second new album I heard was by Even Oxen. First of all the religious theme of that is a bit off-putting for me, not wanting to hurt anyone, but I would prefer it more subtle. But as I already learned I should ignore the lyrics anyway, haha. And then apart from the pure noise part this was pretty entertaining, although once more the recording quality makes it a lot less enjoyable for me.
The last album from the chart today was Revolutionary Pekinese Opera. Here I liked some parts, mostly the more dynamic or atmospheric ones, but alot of the time it felt just like completely random sounds, mixed together without any harmony. That's probably the point, but I still have a hard time liking that kinda stuff.

I'll be doing stuff for a few more hours, so I still have time for new albums, what should I hear next?
Also someone said I should hear a mixtape (?) before I hear the Fishmans? Where can I find that?
>>
>>73197986
hMMMmMMMmMmMMMMM
you will probably not like fushitsusha if you didnt like LRD
i guess do It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
>>
>>73197986
how about Be Disappointed tho?
>>
>>73197986
Is The Great Santa Barbara Oil Slick only there because of Fahey Blows His Nose or did I miss something?
>>
>>73197986
>I fear I'm just not that much interested in the musicality behind the music ...maybe I will learn that when I hear more music, but for now this was not for me.
fair enough. i was like that for a long time too. you can only get past that with listening to more music.
religious themes really only should bother you if religion in general does. if someone cares a lot about jesus, they're gonna sing a lot about jesus. that's never been much of an issue for me.
try out some of ground zero's proggier stuff, namely Plays. sounds like something more traditionally composed would work better with you.
(also protip, Even Oxen is a trip in these threads)
if you do listen to dark and stormy night next, feel free to hate it, but also expect a giant ass paragraph talking about why i like it lol.
>>
File: f9FW2.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
f9FW2.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>mfw looking at videos of how automatic transmission works and they're explaining the mechanisms of planetary gears connected to each other and the sun gear is on the drive shaft and friction clutches
Fuck me right
>>
diving into quartet tonight, wish me luck
>>73197986
well, really you should hear a slew of fishmans albums before going into 98.12.25, but no ones got time for that. fish has the mixtape, which is just all the songs on 98.12.25 in their studio version, so you can hear the differences.
fahey flew over my head the first time i tried it too, but its a fast grower. the way he takes classic blues songs and breathes new life into them is just beautiful.
>>73198269
im still a newfag, who is even oxen?
>>
>>73198340
givingbear
>>
>>73198360
oh, thats awesome! he made an incredible record, good on him.
i shoulda figured it was givingbear from what ive heard about him haha
>>
File: backlogchart.jpg (2MB, 4000x1838px) Image search: [Google]
backlogchart.jpg
2MB, 4000x1838px
>pelt - ayahuasca
yeah, this sounds pretty much exactly how i expected it to sound, and i expected it to sound pretty great - the drones are super dense and have a real power behind them, while the guitar-heavy tracks are super dense and have a real power behind them. this album is super dense and has a real power behind it.
>david borden - the continuing story of counterpoint parts 1-4+8
whoa, whoa, whoa! this is great! the sounds are wonderful, almost spacey in nature, and there's such complexity of composition that it's constantly engaging. listens like classical (i guess that's where that minimalism tag comes in).
>>
>>73197985
haha I listened, just had no time to update the chart, because i wasn't at my laptop :)
>>
>>73198382
*muffled JESUS MY LOOOOOOOOOORD heard in the distance*
>>
>>73198382
givingbear is like the Jesus of /daily/
>>
>>73198061
Okay, I'll do that right now and give feeback once I finished!
>>73198269
>religious themes really only should bother you if religion in general does.
yess, I can't even tell why it bothers me, it shouldn't, but it kinda makes me uncomfortable, maybe just because I can't relate to it at all.
>ry out some of ground zero's proggier stuff, namely Plays
Okay, I noted that, thank you! I definitely see potential in liking them
>if you do listen to dark and stormy night next, feel free to hate it, but also expect a giant ass paragraph talking about why i like it lol.
Haha, I will report back as soon as possible!
>>73198360
I think I haven't seen him yet, hope I can meet him soon!
>>73198340
good luck! (i don't know what quartet is)
I will wait for fish then and ask him, thanks
> the way he takes classic blues songs and breathes new life into them is just beautiful.
mmm, maybe I would enjoy Fahey more if I would know the original songs
>>
>>73198188
ahh, sorry, I missed that post, yes, I didn't listen to it yet, will do after Stormy Night, I promise!
>>
>>73198404
counterpoint is really solid.
i might have already recd it to you, but Giant Claw - Mutant Glamour gives off slightly similar, if much poppier, vibes.
>>73198432
>yess, I can't even tell why it bothers me, it shouldn't, but it kinda makes me uncomfortable, maybe just because I can't relate to it at all.
try listening to more world music stuff, maybe something choral.
>>
>>73198420
fuck dude that song's so good
>>
>>73198480
>>73198420
yeah im listening to it again now
hes so happy
>>73198432
the backstory to faheys songs really help make him click too.
like lion is one of my favorites, its written after his cat died. and its like a total new rendition of amazing grace, its pretty beautiful.
>>
File: 2000sHop.jpg (1MB, 1862x1624px) Image search: [Google]
2000sHop.jpg
1MB, 1862x1624px
I'm fuckin behind.
I'm trying to find a copy of cLOUDDEAD not on YT to stream and it's not on my usual backup site so I guess I'm gonna have to deal with youtube and catch back up.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Herbieguy
>>
>>73198473
yeah you did rec me that and it's good, i think i prefer the proggier(?) vibe of counterpoint tho
>>
>>73198536
try these at some point then
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/terry_riley/a_rainbow_in_curved_air/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/moonhead/from-the-grasslands-to-the-starship/
>>
>>73198526
i could up it in about 30 if you want :)
>>
>>73197986
Getting used to chaos in music is something that may develop over time. I bet if I listened to RPO two years ago, I would have hated it, but it's one of my favorite albums now. I kinda have a preference for noisy things if executed well. There is definitely a musicality there, but it is hard to grasp. I would not say the album is random though it may sound that way. Also the way they balance the chaos with slower songs like Paraiso is super interesting to me. I think a lot of these albums you're just going to have to come back to a year down the road. You're really diving headfirst into a lot of tough material, so I commend you for that.
>>
>>73198570
I appreciate the offer but I mean to streaming services. Probably not worth downloading for a first time listen.

Thanks for offering though, I appreciate it.
>>
>>73198404
do 666 next
>>
>>73198526
hope yr ready for one of the most kickass surreal experiences youll ever find in hip hop
>>
>>73198715
just started Plays Standards but 666 is probably next after that
>>
>>73198526
tfw herbieguy is NOT herb guy
>>
>>73198664
:)
>>
holy FUCK plays standards is so much fun
>>
FlyingIceWizard
>>73198067
>>73198067
>>73198067
>>
>>73199190
>listening to Ground Zero and not expecting fun
>>
>>73199463
i expected fun and i got more than i was expecting

also for me RPO is mostly fun but gets kind of emotional (especially the end)
>>
File: stormy night.jpg (248KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
stormy night.jpg
248KB, 600x591px
I listened to the Stormy Night!
And woow, this was very good. But how do I rate this without taking the lyrics into account??
But even without that it was fantastic mood setting, and it's a interesting idea as a concept. I didn't like all sound effect choices, but it worked very well in some parts, I'll definitely return to that, probably in some dark and stormy night :D

Next up: This is a Standoff - Be Disappointed, I hope I'm not gonna get disappointed by it!
>>
>>73198627
Paraiso was one of the parts I could enjoy the most! And I'll probably take some while to go through the chart, so maybe I'm ready for the top rows after that, haha
>>
>>73199767
>how do i rate this without taking the lyrics into account
i think in this case an exception can be made (and in most cases of spoken word)
>>
>>73198473
It wouldn't bother me, if I wouldn't know what they were singing
>>73199803
that sounds reasonable, I definitely would enjoy this less without understanding the lyrics
>>
>>73197986
>maybe I will learn that when I hear more music
also no you'd have to play more to really get into that, no way around it. it's usually not that important anyways
>>73199767
>how do I rate this without taking the lyrics into account?
assume /daily/ are hypocrites and ignore the "haha lyrics aren't music" thing duh
>>
man these digits hurt
>>
>>73199499
Oh yeah definitely that's the best mix right there
>>
File: 1483988939302.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1483988939302.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
>>73200001
rip my quints
>>
>>73200001
good thing this wasn't the get right
quick check bets on kpop twice
>>73199999
>>73200000
>>
>>73200035
man what a waste
>>
>>73197986
I think you should take the lyrics in account for your rating.
>>
>>73199767
I enjoyed the final piece much more while reading along with it

http://www.nicolascollins.com/texts/darkandstormynightlibretto.pdf
>>
>>73200090
meant to reply to
>>73199767
>>
File: prime example.jpg (482KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
prime example.jpg
482KB, 1400x1400px
listen to this! it's 9 minutes
>>
>>73200225
Ok Hellier ;)
>>
>>73200287
i wish honestly
>>
File: june collab1.png (4MB, 1680x2198px) Image search: [Google]
june collab1.png
4MB, 1680x2198px
>>73197944
>>73197985
I also realized I'd already heard this, but I loved it.

I'm dumb though, I thought this was somehow different than the other "Music for Church Cleaners Vol. I and II" album, but this is just Vol. I. durr

It wasn't quite as flooring as when I first heard it tho so idk, guess I'll have to relisten to the comp

>>73197986
I hate you for not liking much about the John Fahey album
>>73198333
haha yeah totally.png
>>73200225
sounds like a plan, chief
>>
>Putting together a similar specs PC would cost $7000, we're selling ours for only $4999!!
>quickly go check local dealer and you can put together a similar specced PC for just around $2000
Wwew applets
>>
>>73200507
nice look how nice everythings nice and filled
>>
>>73200557
Don't you be sassing me, boy
>>
>>73200574
no i was actually serious cuh
>>
File: Welcome To Warp Zone!.jpg (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome To Warp Zone!.jpg
2MB, 1200x1200px
Nmesh - Welcome to Warp Zone! (2014)
>DJ Mix, Plunderphonics
This project is hardly a proper DJ mix and more a loosely strung cavalcade of nostalgic video game and nerd culture references. It's "Ready Player One" the musical. While there are some cool vidya soundtrack tunes here, and I do get a kick out of a few of the somewhat obscure references here (anyone else remember those G.I. Joe PSA videos on ebaumsworld?--those are sampled in the first track), the transitions are essentially nonexistent. They're typically either hard cuts or fade-in/outs. Even the tags/callouts/whatnot, telling you "you are listening to Warp Zone, by Tiny Mix Tapes" or "All your base are belong to Nmesh," are just awkwardly dropped in between fade-to-black transitions (albeit with a cheeky Mario warp pipe noise). It leaves the whole thing seeming very flat, one-dimensional, frankly.

And seeing as how the project references and even brags about its own 4 hour 20 minute runtime, I get the feeling this project is intentionally spaced out (to the point of tedium). It could easily have been made a lot denser, far shorter and more engaging. A lot of the songs here really overstay their welcome too, like they're each just left out to air for their entire respective runtimes. Let it run, slap some effects on, call it a day? (Yeah, no, it's fine that you just played the Angry Video Game Nerd theme song in its entirety, through some reverb. And the entire Mortal Kombat theme, including character call outs? Go for it.) It quickly becomes tiresome, especially when the tunes themselves aren't as interesting as the aforementioned examples.

>cont.
>>
>inued.

Thankfully there are some exceptions at the end of the album, after a somewhat trying two and a half hours of worlds one through six: "World 07: Rave Zone" and "World 09: Desert/Limbo." "Rave Zone" employs some killer beats, actually remixes and transitions its tracks, and incorporates its SFX samples into the music instead of awkwardly sequencing them between tracks. "World 09: Desert/Limbo," while built around much more spacey and uneventful material, still managed to utilize some of the same relatively engaging tactics as "Rave Zone". It really helps that it's only 18 minutes too, compared to say, the senselessly long "Stage 05: Medieval/Forest," which clocks in at roughly 32 minutes. I'd probably have enjoyed "World 08: Special Stage," which is similar to its surrounding worlds in aesthetic, more if not for the really tacky bong rip on the intro, AVGN snippets, and rapidly decreasing sample density after the first few minutes (of 27 total--again, the length is fatal). "World 10: Nightmare/Finale" is also legit pretty tense and spooky, has a legit intense (albeit very brief) final boss theme, and doesn't waste too much of its exorbitant 44-minute runtime, so it has that going for it.

If the whole album was more like "Rave Zone," this would be receiving a vastly different score. As it stands though, this project better functions as a time capsule with a vague excuse of a plot than a continuously enjoyable listening experience. It's a great concept, with the most regrettable execution.
>4+/10
>>
File: 1491657741825.png (11KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491657741825.png
11KB, 370x320px
>tfw grew up to be like akko
music for this feel?

>>73200225
i listened to women and i was kind of confused because the vinyl and cd rips i found had the tracks out of order and the names mixed up, dunno if that's just how the album is, and i also fell asleep during it. might listen to it again just to be fair and give a little review but it doesn't look rosy
>>
>>73200756
>>73200785
>it's "Ready Player One" the musical
yikes
>>
>>73200804
there's a set tracklisting but whatever floats ur boat
>>
>>73200804
Career Suicide
>>
trip up

did you even know that Ryuichi Sakamoto (from your song recc) was married to Akiko Yano

And that he had a big hand in producing rice's recc
>>
>>73200867
nope lmao
did i win tho is the real question
>>
File: deleterecord.png (301KB, 348x440px) Image search: [Google]
deleterecord.png
301KB, 348x440px
Quick tune
>Taylor Deupree - Snow (Dusk, Dawn)
Wow this was really comfy. I loved how it progressively became lighter and happier. The little sprinkles of keyboard throughout made me smile.. the staticy, crackling drone was so comforting. If this is supposed to be about winter, then listening to this must be the warm cabin that's protecting you from the cold.
4/5
>>
>>73200867
to elaborate i picked it because that's probably the best progressive electronic album/song i've heard and i know u like taht shti
>>
File: 1469446248179.jpg (60KB, 720x817px) Image search: [Google]
1469446248179.jpg
60KB, 720x817px
>>73200537
I'm puzzled as to who the intended audience for this is - it's not enough to be a serious workstation, but too much for a general consumer machine. Only person who this could conceivably appeal to are old money kids who want an Apple computer and saw that they could afford the Pro one.
>>
>>73200976
>it's not enough to be a serious workstation

I don't really agree, but I still think this is only something people who are already too invested in the Apple eco system will buy. Other people will buy a more powerful workstation for less money.
>>
File: essential daily.jpg (3MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
essential daily.jpg
3MB, 4231x6355px
I now listened to Be Disappointed (not on the chart). And here I liked the punky, loud, energetic, rythmic style and the singers voice is also really to my likings. It wasn't too aggressive, but still had alot of impact. Thank you for the rec transgod!

Now I think I need to hear some familiar music, I will maybe do one of the remaining top rows albums later, but I'll report on these tomorrow.

>>73200507
:(
>>73200090
okay! It's 9 then I think
>>73199952
Sadly I don't play any instruments, tried to learn piano for awhile, but I was daydreaming too much for that, I couldn't focus at all, so I gave up.
>assume /daily/ are hypocrites and ignore the "haha lyrics aren't music" thing duh
uh, I don't know, it sounded plausible
>>
>>73200225
I listened to it! It's cool but leaves me wanting a little more. Also it doesn't sound that distinct to me sonically, but the compositions are indeed interesting. Reminds me of Palm. They release an EP June 16th.

>>73200976
>Only person who this could conceivably appeal to are old money kids who want an Apple computer and saw that they could afford the Pro one
You answered your own question. I think you're underestimating how much apple fans fall into this category.
>>
>>73201100
yeah i def see the palm comparison. i like these guys a bit better, tho im not sure why
>>
File: 1474759878146.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474759878146.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
XANNY HELP THE PAIN, YEAH
PLEEEEEEASE XANNY MAKE IT GO AWAY
I'M COMMITTED NOT ADDICTED BUT IT KEEP CONTROLLIN ME
>>
>>73201132
Perhaps because Palm are definitely more concerned with poppier math rock sensibilities while Hellier are more off the cuff.

Have you listened to the new Palm singles? Definitely going in a different, less dark direction than Trading Basics. More accessible for sure. Could be bad, could be good.
>>
>>73201222
think i heard the first one, can't remember it now tho
imma go back thru them for sure
>>
File: 1489492011022.png (251KB, 487x366px) Image search: [Google]
1489492011022.png
251KB, 487x366px
>>73200859
hey what a good rec!
>>73201094
yeah it's one of the best things i found lately
imo you should handle it like this: if the lyrics are good, they're taken into account. if not/foreign language, then not
>>
spicy onion incoming...
>>
>>73201391
incest is good actually
>>
>>73199399
the one you crossed black is Circle X - Tender
%]
idk about the rest!
>>
>>73201423
not as spicy as that desu
>>
>>73199399
>Various Artists - Love Me Some Friends #1
>Nail Polish - Authentic Living
>Whitney Huston's Crypt - Chair Page Dotcom
>Satanized - Technical Virginity
>Juke 19 - s/t
>>
>>73201391
please say geogaddi is bad
>>
>>73201534
i probably will desu but that's not this one
>>
>>73201325
This is is a great advice! I can get the most enjoyment out of it that way.
>>
>>73201391
please say someday came suddenly is now your favorite album
>>
>>73201557
i probably will desu but that's not this one
>>
backlogchart.jpg
2MB, 4000x1838px
>ground-zero - plays standards
engaging, eclectic, noisy, and fun. i didn't expect the prominent and effective use of saxophone, but it goes so well with the sampling and the intense prog instrumentation. serves a totally different purpose from RPO, and isn't quite as masterful, but still fantastic.
>aphrodite's child - 666
i don't like psych rock in general, and i also don't like prog rock in general, and to me, this album was a distillation of the worst tropes of both genres - the annoying psych wank, which consists of long blues-scale guitar solos, and the annoying prog wank, which consists of High Themes and whatever. this is a terrible review, but i don't think i could write anything substantial about this besides the fact that i neither like it nor do i have context from albums similar to it to help me make sense of it.
>>
File: deleterecord2.png (226KB, 348x346px) Image search: [Google]
deleterecord2.png
226KB, 348x346px
>Rodolphe Alexis - Utsukushi Haru
Great field recordings album. Literally feels like a tour of Japan in sonic form, with a perfect combination of urban and nature environments. Although I'm not at all experienced in the genre of field recordings, I feel like this is very underlistened, so if any of you are into field recordings then definitely check this out. Probably could have been a 4.5/5, but there were two weak tracks here that bored me, including a pretty (at least it felt like it) lengthy conversation that I couldn't understand, along with the track after this that wasn't field recordings at all and felt very out of place.
4/5
>>
>>73201735
respectable opinions desu
>>
File: theboldcolordrone.jpg (110KB, 838x380px) Image search: [Google]
theboldcolordrone.jpg
110KB, 838x380px
After randomly stalking ~theboldcolor and listening to two albums from his lists
>>73200897 >>73201753 I'm going to do a quick drone of him, which will be done at the same time of the dailycore chart, probably only an album a day.

Mainly doing this because his favorite records, the ones on this chart, look really interesting, and I've always liked his taste. Pretty excited desu
>>
Thank christ this is probably the last time i have to post thru my phone

http://i.imgur.com/Yi8Oqez.jpg

Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence (1966)
>folk pop, folk rock

Simon has always struck me as a songwriter with a lot of wonderful ideas that can’t really translate them sonically in an interesting manner. Two songs here hit hard, the glorious title track and the meditative “I Am a Rock”. These two tracks combine Simon’s wonderful lyricism and melodies with colorful, full-bodied arrangements. The rest of the tracks tend to fal too far on one end of the spectrum. The folk tracks are pretty, yet too wimpy and bare, and the rockier tracks are just odd, because Simon & Garfunkel do /not/ have voices for more boisterious rock. All in all, I gotta say I like this. It’s a massive improvement over their debut despite its flaws.

2.5+

http://i.imgur.com/aV6zkrC.jpg

The Skatalites - Ska Down Jamaica Way Volume One: Ska Boo-Da-Ba (2003)
>jamaican ska

As odd as this may sound, this is one of the loudest albums I’ve ever heard. The horns and bass on this thing are fucking /pounding/, it’s glorious. The sound is incredibly repetitive, and I’m sure the fact that this reissue repeats some tracks doesn’t help, but it’s so damn infectious and fun. Just about the punkiest, thrashiest, most fun Jamaican music out there.

3.0+

Willie Hutch - The Mack (1973)
>film soundtrack, soul

It’s best tracks, like the scorching closer “Brother's Gonna Work It Out”, are remiscent of some of the best soul out there (the whole Superfly album, specifically), but the whole thing is too lush and clean for my tastes, especially since some of the funkier, harder tracks give me a taste of something great that’s never expanded upon. Hutch has a passionate soulful voice that’s lost on these poppier lush tracks, but used to great effect on the harder-edged tracks. Almost real good, but it just misses the mark.

2.5+
>>
File: Crack-Up.jpg (530KB, 2040x2040px) Image search: [Google]
Crack-Up.jpg
530KB, 2040x2040px
Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up (2017)
>Folk Rock, Chamber Folk, Post-rock?
Continues in the direction of Helplessness Blues—fewer short, catchy, folk rock tunes; more spacious, immaculately crafted, folk-influenced epics. ’Epic’ is really the best word to describe this. Admittedly I grow somewhat tired of Pecknold’s ‘soaring’ vocals and songwriting. (Also, it’s uncanny how well Fleet Foxes’ album covers fit the music. It's such a dope cover too.) The singles are some of the best stuff on here.
>6+/10
>>
>>73201840
respectable opinion and by respectable i mean i have the exact same one
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>73201790
receptacle onion desu
>>
File: 1492735810084.png (272KB, 485x489px) Image search: [Google]
1492735810084.png
272KB, 485x489px
>>73201222
yeah i actually really dig the Palm single except for the female vox. my opinion of the song actually soured as soon as she came in. really like the guitar work of course
>>73201898
great post
>>
>>73201753
seconding this recommendation
>>
>>73200897
Yeah that's such an incredible EP
>>73201804
I've been meaning to check out that Jakob Ullmann album, and some of the other albums on that label, for a while now

>>73200976
It's not the kids, it's just the older generations. As a college student surrounded by moneyed college students, who the hell would want a desktop. You're average consumer just doesn't care enough about those stats to warrant that price.

Maybe they're taking a stab at the Chinese market? There's a lot of newfound wealth there, and they frankly don't even know what to do with it. I'm no Apple exec, but I could see this appealing to the market that's stereotypically attracted to expensive, Western, status-symbol brands

>>73201817
Maybe people will start responding to your hot takes when you're able to post pics again

Why can't you post on the computer tho?
>>
File: 1482859223257.png (311KB, 318x355px) Image search: [Google]
1482859223257.png
311KB, 318x355px
>>73202021
*Your average consumer
>>
not feeling very motivated to listen to new music lately. This /daily/ thing might be a thing of the past in a short time but I'll be around occasionally.

>>73202021
>Why can't you post on the computer tho?
using LTE to bypass b& I'm guessing.

Also, I think you're totally right about it being a status thing, but not necessarily about China. There's hundreds of companies here that would LOVE to say "we have the HIGHEST quality computers for our employees!! $5000 each!" for a multitude of reasons even though they could get the same thing on a PC for not even half the price.
>>
>>73202097
you

listen to this
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jim_white/the_mysterious_tale_of_how_i_shouted_wrong_eyed_jesus_/
>>
>>73202119
it's on my backlog.
>>
File: HmmReallyMakesMeThink.png (45KB, 1324x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HmmReallyMakesMeThink.png
45KB, 1324x1080px
>>73202097
considering how much you listen to, you probably just need to take a break to binging dozens of albums

Take more time to gather thoughts on the album when you do listen to something new

I've already taken breaks of not listening to new music for a week or two even before daily, maybe you need that
>>
>>73201914
I like the female vox, they are quite unique. Also I'm a sucker for male/female duo vocals.
>>
>>73202191
>Also I'm a sucker for male/female duo vocals.
you

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tv_girl/who_really_cares/

listen to this now
>>
>>73202191
i could see them growing on me
im p hype for the album now actually
>>
>>73202182
>considering how much you listen to, you probably just need to take a break to binging dozens of albums
maybe. I also just have less free time in general.

>Take more time to gather thoughts on the album when you do listen to something new
I already do this though
>>
>>73202225
I can't even tell from the amount of reviews you pump out at once lmao

I'm guessing you do something like a new album everyday and then just open the floodgates, right
>>
>>73202225
Hi! Someone said you have a Fishmans mixtape I should hear before I get to the album on the essential chart. Where can I find that?
>>
>>73202276
usually a 3-5 albums every day but lately it's been just one or two. At one point I was doing 10 in a day because I had literally no life as my friends had gone off to college and mine was starting much later. Also, I delivered pizzas for a living and got to listen to music pretty much for ~10+ hours a day.

>>73202280
https://mega.nz/#!cVF1CICZ!av8sk6t_XhYNdUO6VVh05bVdycZUj0xiiggubQGVrVI
>>
File: 1468944952739.png (457KB, 463x477px) Image search: [Google]
1468944952739.png
457KB, 463x477px
>>73202097
If you leave, Jangle and yamir win
>>
File: Peasant.jpg (200KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Peasant.jpg
200KB, 630x630px
Richard Dawson - Peasant (2017)
>Avant-folk, Chamber Folk
Yo fuck the new Fleet Foxes tho. The patrician version is right here—with fantastically creative and enthralling, folk-influenced songwriting, beautiful and markedly unorthodox arrangements, and detailed yet chaotic production. Just about every song here is ridiculously captivating.

While every track here is a treat—some particular highlights: the free jazz horn dialogue of "Herald," 'WHEN THE SUN IS DYIIING' on “Ogre,” the pitch-bending and string scraping mad romp of “Shapeshifter,” “Scientist,” and the multi-part epic “Masseuse.” New AOTYSF.
>8+/10
>>
File: miek lub.png (24KB, 112x113px) Image search: [Google]
miek lub.png
24KB, 112x113px
>>73202333
jangle is a libertarian and yamir is yamir

they will never win
>>
File: 1496437729962.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496437729962.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
plug
plug
plug plug

>>
File: 012932357.jpg (124KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
012932357.jpg
124KB, 620x413px
>>73202327
>usually a 3-5 albums every day but lately it's been just one or two.
>3-5 albums
>every day

Yeah 1 a day is fine. I'd revisit older albums to refresh your taste too

>friends had gone off to college and mine was starting much later.
>mfw one of my friends went through this
>>
File: heh.jpg (86KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
86KB, 600x589px
>>73202418
>>
File: free6m.png (3MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
free6m.png
3MB, 1940x1940px
Terry Fox - Berlino / Rallentando (1988)
>Minimalism, Drone

Minimalist drone with tape and noise textures stitched together over two LP sides. Nothing that hasn’t been done before but his individual approach makes for an interesting listen nonetheless.

7.0 /10

Ram Narayan - Sarangi: The Voice of a Hundred Colors (1969)
>Hindusanti Classical

A solid hindusanti classical piece with some terrific musicianship, especially with regards to the tabla playing. It does a great job maintaining that meditative limbo but could use some more sonic variance.

7.0 /10

Alexander von Schlippenbach - Payan (1972)
>Jazz

Classical, jazz, and free improv influences that are mixed very poorly leading to a disjointed and ultimately frustrating listen. The playing is on point but can be ridgid sounding, which is a huge negative for solo free jazz of this style.

6.0 /10

Troum & All Sides - Shutun (2006)
>Dark Ambient, Drone

A monolithic ambient drone BEAST that’s as intricate and varied as some top-tier post rock without compromizing anything in terms of atmosphere. In fact, it’s one of the most sonically potent albums I’ve heard in a long time. This project has a very well set out scope and executes it perfectly; I can’t think of a single fault or misstep on the whole near-hour long track.

Highest rating and rec.
8.5+ /10
>>
>>73202460
might revisit much older stuff soonish maybe. I'll probably be doing one-a-day from now on though.
>>
>>73202481
Damn that spacing is awful lmao

>>73202333
More like we all win :^)

>>73202418
>jangle is a libertarian
SOURCE
NEEDED
BITCH
>>
>>73202327
Thank you <3
>>
>>73202481
>Highest rating and rec.
noted and wishlisted
>>
File: Coltrane Studio Albums.jpg (2MB, 2604x1764px) Image search: [Google]
Coltrane Studio Albums.jpg
2MB, 2604x1764px
I want to revive this for completion this month.
Please bully me if I forget / change my mind.
>>
File: lca02rbf7rfaavlzlkmt-2.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lca02rbf7rfaavlzlkmt-2.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>>73202550
I'll bully you anyway, nerd
>>
>>73202520
Idk I'm just shooting the shit.

>>73202543
<3

>>73202550
>>73202565
>>
>>73202481
>Shutun
what the hell do people SEE in this, what differentiates from millions of other ambient records, i don't get it, it might as well be bull of heaven
>>
>>73202585
you're not leaving btw so stop saying it
/daily/ is for life
>>
still waiting in plug, nerds
>>
>>73202586
I wouldn't consider it an ambient album really.
What are your favourite ''ambient'' records?

>>73202565
>>73202585
I told you my mom packs my lunches I don't have any money please leave me alone :(
>>
>>73202652
none because the genre sucks
>>
File: kicking a piggo.jpg (31KB, 468x318px) Image search: [Google]
kicking a piggo.jpg
31KB, 468x318px
>>73202652
>>
File: Cover.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>73201094
Eyy, thought of something.

Considering one of your issues with Forca Bruta was a language barrier, consider listening to Caetano Veloso's "Transa". He was exiled to the UK for political reasons, & recorded a few english-language albums while / after he was there.

They are very good & may be a great intro into MPB-style stuff in the english language.

Transa is recommended.
>>
File: pigger_sleepin_tight.jpg (112KB, 747x518px) Image search: [Google]
pigger_sleepin_tight.jpg
112KB, 747x518px
Good night everyone but co

>>73202676
Well that solves that mystery then doesn't it?
>>
File: shootu.jpg (48KB, 249x270px) Image search: [Google]
shootu.jpg
48KB, 249x270px
COME PLUG

>>
what should i listen to first
>>
>>73203445
yerself is steam
twin fantasy
LRD
future days
>>
>>73203445
cream actually because it's the earliest
>>
>>73203500
creamy dubs
>>
>>73203445
twin fantasy
>>
File: Nope.png (14KB, 522x68px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
14KB, 522x68px
Can confirm. Did NOT like it.
>>
>>73203586
Ten is better
>>
>>73203445
LRD, can, or Fripp & Eno
>>73203478
>>73203564
NOT twin fantasy
>>
>Ctrl+F 'comet'
>nothin

Wtf guys
>>
>>73203757
looks like someone wouldn't know a good song if it proposed to him!
>>73203772
Comet, did you like stratosphere?
>>
>>73203785

I think I'll give it a second chance to click
>>
>>73203828
looks like someone wouldn't know a good song if it proposed to him!
>>
>>73203859
Stratosphere had songs?!!?
>>
>>73203757
>NOT twin fantasy

hey buddy you can HECK OFF with that attitude
>>
>>73203880
ah, there's your problem,
you haven't noticed the songs! they're there, and they're actually quite well written!
>>
File: suicide daily.png (165KB, 900x354px) Image search: [Google]
suicide daily.png
165KB, 900x354px
>>73203772
@comet

>>73203880
ooh, suicide, comet, suicide
>>
>>73201735
desu im not really surprised you didnt like 666
hey i know im telling u what to do with this chart a lot but
i think its duos for doris time
what do u think
>>73203445
lotsa good shit on here
can, geogaddi, twin fantasy, 77 live, mercury rev, ugly mane, black foliage, spiritualized, ween
very nice
>>
File: bigguy.png (794KB, 1060x973px) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.png
794KB, 1060x973px
>>73203757
>not twin fantasy
boi i oughta
>>
>>73203925
im listening to geogaddi as we type
duos for doris is tomorrow for sure (i might finish the whole thing tomorrow)
>>73203921
i love this image with my whole heart
>>
>>73203955
it's p old
>>73202585
@FISH wya
>>
>>73203921
classic

>>73203984
aye boo <3
>>
File: anime_faggot.png (199KB, 348x596px) Image search: [Google]
anime_faggot.png
199KB, 348x596px
>>73203955
have another oc

should say "nasty manga grandpa" on the screen
>>
>>73204004
audible giggle incited
>>
File: corrupted by the dailyboys.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
corrupted by the dailyboys.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>73204022
my finest hour
>>
>>73204038
how have i not seen these before
this one especially jeez
>>
>>73204004
Ha
>>73204038
Haha
>>
File: memehappening.png (478KB, 1020x900px) Image search: [Google]
memehappening.png
478KB, 1020x900px
I've got more
>>73204059
>>73204106
>>
File: blapplog3.jpg (2MB, 3583x1680px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog3.jpg
2MB, 3583x1680px
i lied about quartet tonight, but heres some other onions
>Arab on Radar - Yahweh or the Highway
honestly not what i expected out of this release. in all honesty, its kind of bad, but i was so heavily entertained by it. like the lyrics made me laugh, and the noise was pretty cool. so, it gets a 3.
3.0-
>Shit and Shine - 54 Synth Brass
God I really need to dig into this band more. Ladybird is fucking incredible and this one rocks nearly as hard. I love the little electronic/dance influences throughout the tracks, and the noise on here just works so well. All the long, slow tracks are a lot of fun. Just so so good.
>Mono no aware
honestly wasnt too impressed by this. not much of the ambient grabbed my ear, and i was expecting it to be a little more experimental than it was, due to the genre tags. oh well, i have nothing more to say about this

next?
>>
>>73204187
go for the pc music mix
>>
>>73204187
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shit-and-shine/total-shit/
this record is if 54 synth brass went disco btw.
>>
File: Eric Chart.png (628KB, 836x590px) Image search: [Google]
Eric Chart.png
628KB, 836x590px
hyello

i am back from denmark and I'm ready to maybe participate here again maybe
>>
File: ch910625.gif (71KB, 900x290px) Image search: [Google]
ch910625.gif
71KB, 900x290px
>>73203921
damn that image takes me back
>>
>>73204187
IAN
WILLIAM
CRAIG
>>
>>73202210
Hmm I listened to a few songs, and it's pretty cute and fun but not exactly my thing. To be more specific, I like when the guy and girl switch off vocals in a call and response manner. Best example of this is Candy Claws - Ceres & Calypso.

>>73202212
I hope it's good too, I like what they're doing, but their previous album was lacking something.

>>73204345
SUCKS
>>
>>73204310
I own all 16 (I think?) C&H books. They were an integral part of my childhood
>>
>>73204477
i have the big collectors edition 3 book set and it is my most prized possession
>>
>>73204187
>>73204345
seconding this even though I anticipate a 6/10

>>73204434
>and it's pretty cute and fun but not exactly my thing.

Those were my first thoughts too, but I'm very sure it's a grower. Took me a few months to relisten and really enjoy it.

>>73204477
My pap bought that set of 3 books containing all the strips and commentary from Bill Watson, was a really great read
>>
>>73204504
tourney results fucking when
>>
File: D.-Boon-e1416408237537.jpg (29KB, 342x357px) Image search: [Google]
D.-Boon-e1416408237537.jpg
29KB, 342x357px
>>73204529
hold the fuck up im listening to the entire top row bitch
>>
>>73204550
for what purpose
>>
>>73204568
so i dont spam thread with updates
>>
File: calvinandhobbes_kapwing.gif (13KB, 600x146px) Image search: [Google]
calvinandhobbes_kapwing.gif
13KB, 600x146px
>>73204503
>>73204504
yeah my dad read 'em to me when I was a wee lad. He also owned like all the Far Side and a lot of Dilbert books too, but I didn't like those as much when I was like 8 years old
>>
>>73204550
to speed things up, I recommend going into audacity and making all the albums Mono and hardpan them to one side, then listen to two at a time with headphones
>>
File: 1496233699869.png (162KB, 514x672px) Image search: [Google]
1496233699869.png
162KB, 514x672px
>>73204588
I was actually probably like 5 or 6

p sure I knew how to read by age 8
>>
>>73204504
Well I wishlisted it, so it'll appear on my next chart.
>>
test
>>
>>73204783
""""""""no""
>>
>>73204783
has it been a month already?
>>
File: 1491822264079.jpg (41KB, 434x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491822264079.jpg
41KB, 434x750px
>>73204783
He returns!
>>
>>73204604
lmao

>>73204635
coolio
>>
>>73204783
maybe you should be banned again so you find another 4.5
>>
File: Summer Chart.png (2MB, 1680x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Summer Chart.png
2MB, 1680x1800px
it's good to be (really) back

Bomba Estéreo - Estalla (2008)
>digital cumbia

Scattershot effort containing some really cool cumbia-based rhythms with some really pointless electronic noodling. I think if this was played straight as a traditional cumbia album it would fare a lot better, because the rhythms and grooves are really nice, it's just the different electronic influences that bring this down. Some tracks totally bang, others go absolutely nowhere with half-baked dub rhythms. A really huge, listenable mixed bag.

2.0+

Yo La Tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out (2000)
>dream pop, indie rock

Yo La Tengo's most deliberate, slow-burning record. While I may prefer the noise pop of I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One, present here only on the lovely, krautrock-influenced "Cherry Chapstick", this sound is damn gorgeous. The main thing to take away from this is how good Hubley and Kaplan's vocals are. They're incredibly low-key and understated, fitting the music perfectly, occasionally spitting out some of the most beautiful melodies ever sung. The instrumental work is great too, more textural than anything, still containing some more straightforward melodic tendencies. Some parts drag, like the overlong "Night Falls on Hoboken", but as a whole it's a really good addition to the band's catalogue.

>>
backlogchart.jpg
2MB, 4000x1838px
>boards of canada - geogaddi
it's okay. some pretty sounds bogged down by other, less pretty sounds that make it sort of off-kilter, but not in a good way. i just wish it were more focused, a lot of the stuff here kinda floats without goal or meaning.
>>
File: 1493538203395.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1493538203395.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>>73204783
happy birthday
>>
>>73205030
thanks bud
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM

why is this one of the best use of vocal samples in electronic music ever?
>I.. FEEL.. ALIVE
>WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUU~
>OH AND, MAYBE YOU FEEL IT TOO
>mmmmm MMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>73205151
you've posted this before
>>
>>73205177
i know

probably more than once honestly
>>
File: deletememe5.png (243KB, 950x761px) Image search: [Google]
deletememe5.png
243KB, 950x761px
ho lee fuc
>>
File: thatsamightyfinechart.png (3MB, 1960x910px) Image search: [Google]
thatsamightyfinechart.png
3MB, 1960x910px
>Kazumoto Endo - While You Were Out
A little disappointed with this one. I liked it because the noise is hard hitting without tiring the ears too much. Besides, I like noise in general. However, I wished it explored the playful side of itself more. I was hoping to hear more juxtaposition between the noise and the random pop samples, but they were used too infrequently to be meaningful.

>Quicksails - Mortal
I wasn't crazy about it at first but repeated listens have been rewarding. It has a unique aesthetic that mixes synth with sax and traditional drums to achieve this futuristic-psychedelic effect. It's kind of like a less drone-y Emeralds but also has elements of early OPN. It belongs to an interesting progressive electronic record label called Hausu Mountain (yes, that Hausu) which I've seen pop up more and more lately. I'll probably be digging into their other material. I can see it growing on me. I heavily rec this to fans of progressive electronic music.

>The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Traveller
For what it is, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It's a metal sci-fi concept album that reminded me a lot of Iron Maiden initially, but the playing is a little more complex. The general style, vocals, clean production are similar. It's a fun album that I enjoyed very much at the beginning, but I grew tired of it about halfway. There isn't much sonic variation here at all save for a single acoustic song. I wish it had a bit more of a bite to it, but it's hard to really dislike. I don't feel like I can dive into it too much critically since I don't listen to a lot of straightforward metal but it has some classic virtuosic solos. It also did a great job with the reincorporation of melodies for its central theme.
Other than that, I don't know what's so special about it. I think a lot of people like it because it's relatively modern and holds true to the "good ol times" of metal. It's honest, and it's just trying to have a good time. Who can fault it for that?
>>
File: Freedom.png (1MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom.png
1MB, 1560x720px
Hey guys back for a quick chart bump. Been working on some writing and even a Coltrane guide recently. Important takes (by woolite standards) -

I Love You, Honeybear is fantastic even if the lyrics and Tillman is a complete douche. The orchestral elements sucked me in from the beginning. I know most of /daily/ hates this album but I was a huge fan, even with my biases. Made me chuckle a decent amount actually. Biggest surprise on the chart so far t b h.

Music is the Healing Force is the best Ayler album I've heard so far, straight chaos with bagpipes and those corny ass spiritual lyrics. Vocals have grown on me a lot in avant-garde jazz, this reminded me a lot of Science Fiction. Last track is meh blues but the rest is wild as shit.

Liked Alice in Chains' s/t way better than Dirt, the atmosphere is so dreary and unforgivable. Maybe I was just in the mood for it when I first checked this out but damn this is absolutely crushing. Potentially a little longer than it should be but it's pretty fantastic imo.

Um, anyway, I guess ask if you have any questions or whatever?
>>
ya boi can't sleep ha ha smash that mfin like button remember when that was a meme
>>
File: 1492560684849.jpg (60KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1492560684849.jpg
60KB, 866x866px
>>73205748
LMAO

whomst else fuckin'???
>>
File: food.jpg (943KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
943KB, 1200x1200px
>>73205757
legitimate negro minutes happnin right now
>>
>>73205748
listen to this heckin banger i got recced
https://soundcloud.com/splitbreed/sets/mile-high-club-lp-pt1
>>
>>73205748
haha
>>
>>73205769
is this a joke i got to like the "chorus" and i closed it
>>
File: img.png (698KB, 636x633px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
698KB, 636x633px
>>73205767
damn u rite
>>
File: family.jpg (289KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
289KB, 750x745px
>>73205797
HUOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1481755348686.jpg (91KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
1481755348686.jpg
91KB, 640x472px
>>73205797
>>
File: 1492578087745.gif (1MB, 321x388px) Image search: [Google]
1492578087745.gif
1MB, 321x388px
i turned on koko for like 30 seconds then turned it off it was too much
>>
File: 1461805751387.jpg (19KB, 221x224px) Image search: [Google]
1461805751387.jpg
19KB, 221x224px
>>73205805
that is a 10/10 meme

>>73205825
nice i been lookin 4 dat pic
>>
File: kimjongunteamamerica.png (38KB, 910x268px) Image search: [Google]
kimjongunteamamerica.png
38KB, 910x268px
i had sleep paralysis earlier today like my eyes were like half open and i could sort of see but then i kept trying to move my neck and i couldn't it was so scary
>>
>>73205826
no problem
>>
File: walker4.gif (65KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
walker4.gif
65KB, 312x312px
>>73205846
there were text emojis with that but it didnt work :/
>>
File: finger.jpg (62KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
finger.jpg
62KB, 640x544px
fuck real nigga hours these are real disassociative hours whom the fuck trying to transcend the mortal plane
>>
File: bambidad.png (393KB, 540x541px) Image search: [Google]
bambidad.png
393KB, 540x541px
one more, for the boys
>>
File: IMG_0493.jpg (96KB, 635x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0493.jpg
96KB, 635x636px
>>73205859
Me senpai
I feel you
>>
am i just not a cool guy if i can't get down to these bangers

https://soundcloud.com/splitbreed

>>73205853
newfiggo

>>73205859
holy shit
>>
Saw a butt
>>
File: tourney 2.png (775KB, 1538x1692px) Image search: [Google]
tourney 2.png
775KB, 1538x1692px
sorry Fish, Absolutely Free was sorta irritating.
Kimono My House was lovely all the way through

rec me, borzoi
>>
File: tourney 2.png (795KB, 1538x1692px) Image search: [Google]
tourney 2.png
795KB, 1538x1692px
>>73206283
whoops, fixed
>>
Rec me one thing and no more.
>>
>>73206418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmSs8iXBMk
>>
>>73206479
Very good thanks.
>>
File: dailychartrbe.jpg (4MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
dailychartrbe.jpg
4MB, 4231x6355px
Comet - 6.00
yes i'm slow (again)

>Musical Miracle - Hawaii: Part II
I've always seen the Tally Hall comedy sketches posted around a lot, never knew one of the members made this. Plenty of fun, Labyrinth really takes away from the album though, not a good song, luckily it's only 2 mins.
7/11

>The United States of America - s/t
The sound collage aspects of this are quite good, goes up and down alot with how I liked it, the songs with the most instrumental variation were the best.
7-/11

>Fifteen. - Allegra
Falls into the typical trap of punk rock with the unbearable vocalist that's been cloned a million times and nothing interesting about the songwriting. Really hate how preachy those banters are.
4/11

Glad I finally listened to Hawaii Pt.2
Jangle & Bojangle next.
>>
>>73208139
Why did you post this birthday boy?
Happy birthday tho. Can you post on 4chan yet?
>>
>>73208239
for all intents and purposes, yes I can
>>
>>73202481
>shutun
why dont you shutup instead fuck you jangle
>>
>>73197847
post your favourite albums here
>>
File: an album cover.png (613KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
an album cover.png
613KB, 600x600px
>>73208516
>>
File: manonwheel.gif (20KB, 63x80px) Image search: [Google]
manonwheel.gif
20KB, 63x80px
Next year is election year in Sweden, so I'm starting to look into what each party is proposing so I know what to vote. If you were heading into election, what would some of your most important questions be?

Also, gf left for work, recommend me some albums (write a short description perhaps), and I'll pick out something to listen to later.
>>
>>73209008
Schopenhauer - was it Schopenhauer? Yes, I believe so - anyway, Schopenhauer once said that "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." This quote would certainly apply to the masterpiece we have before us, the debut EP from Swedish onkyo musician Hampus Gronvall, Magenta Circuit. At once genre-transcending and genre-solidifying, magenta circuit clocks in at just 24 minutes in length but displays clear influences from the likes of The Lamp Post Chronicles, Iannis Xenakis, Vladimir Nabokov, John Cage, and even The Beatles - yes, those same mop-topped kids who you might remember for "I Want To Hold Your Hand," not some obscure Japanese psych-kraut-disco funk parody.

How to describe an album as majestic as this? Well, it's rather simple. It's noise, plain and simple, noise - music distilled, distraught, and retaught to a generation of children weaned on barely-experimental standbys like Faust or John Zorn. Yet there is a musicality to the noise displayed on magenta circuit that fellow onkyo musicians sometimes lack. Consider the often-present electronic chirps in the background, which call to mind not just birds or mechanical parasites, but also the beginnings of symphonies. Consider the post-rock influence which kicks in about halfway through the ironically titled "Onibi Dance." While many of Gronvall's contemporaries choose to shun any sort of "uncool" vibe, Gronvall embraces the sheer humanity of a pop riff (take note of the gentle piano chords as the track approches its final ending) - the sheer musicality of the factory, late at night, where machines are breaking down - and yet - you are also at home, pondering the meaning of life, and realizing just how easy it would be to get on a roof of a suitably tall building and jump. These universal feelings would seem to indicate accessibility - and they do.
>>
>>73209008
Employment rights, education and stance on the EU are the main ones I'm interested in.

>>73209068
Why did you post this?
>>
>>73209145
Employment rights?
>>
>>73209155
The term might be specific to the UK, I've been reading up on their election recently. Labour law then.
>>
>>73209168
Care to elaborate on your stance? I feel like that's something that's so "good" in Sweden that no one really feels a need to talk about it.
>>
>>73209182
I don't know much about it, I'm just starting to dig into the subject. I'm not familiar with the current law in Hungary or what the major parties are proposing for the next election in 2018 (no manifestos out yet as far as I know). Parties in the UK are looking at it specifically to prevent a drop in the standards of living of workers after Brexit which is not relevant to Sweden and it hopefully won't be for Hungary either. I'm interested in things like unionisation, workplace democracy, minimum wage and job availability though that last one might not even fall under the purview of labour law in any way. I don't know if Sweden has any such issues but it might be worth looking into.
>>
>>73209349
Sweden has a well-livable minimum wage which exists thanks to unionisation, which is prevalent in all industries. Most companies utilise standardised employment forms developed in cooperation between the industry and unions. Definitely most people are members of a union, and there's nothing hindering anyone from joining, and the unions have a huge influence in society.

Workplace democracy, I'm not entirely sure what this would entail?
>>
File: June Collab.png (3MB, 1680x2198px) Image search: [Google]
June Collab.png
3MB, 1680x2198px
>tom ze - todos os olhos
this was a weird listen - it has those great MPB sounds, but the songwriting is pretty lacking. i get that Ze was trying to do something different and sort of quirky, and it works on some tracks (notably the title track) but falls flat in a lot of cases, especially the closer, which is grating and not at all rewarding. maybe this grows on me, but i kind of doubt it.
>>
>>73209008
>Also, gf left for work, recommend me some albums (write a short description perhaps), and I'll pick out something to listen to later.
Hit me please
>>
>>73209393
It's more or less interchangeable with unionisation I suppose, at least ideally. It is workers' involvement in business management either directly or through elected representatives to reach much of the same goals as labour unions are meant to work towards.
>>
>>73209511
Then I guess that works well in Sweden as well, since the unions are involved in the promotions of top tier positions for many companies, and for all the others any worker can give them a call if they find that any promotion is not correctly done.
>>
>>73209531
Sounds peachy. If only Sweden wasn't an Islamo-Marxist-Feminist SJW PC totalitarian rape-state it would be perfect, huh?
>>
>>73209659
To be fair, there are problems with that as well.
>>
>>73207517
Hmm not to shabby.
[defensive mode] Yeah I'm trying to get the Fifteen swapped out. It was the biggest album for me when I was a teenager but, hey, that was a long time ago and I can change my scores without disrespecting past me, right?
>>
>>73209743
Figured. I'm still learning how all this stuff fits together.
>>
any1 have a DL for this: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aldo_ciccolini_gabriel_tacchino/trois_gymnopedies__six_gnossiennes__croquis_et_agaceries_dun_gros_bonhomme_en_bois__embryons_desseches__etc_/
>>
>>73209848
no but iz on spotify
>>
File: 1492762316386.png (56KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492762316386.png
56KB, 624x624px
>>73209927
HMmmMMMmMmMM i almost never use spotify but its probably practical in this case
>>
File: IMG_4134.png (780KB, 1118x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4134.png
780KB, 1118x615px
Rec two that I can fit into an hour + 40 min
>>
>>73210128
loveless
kid a
>>
>>73209422
>Complexo de Épico
>flat
Shit nigga it's the most mordant and funny critic of all the self-absorbed MPB singers of that time, when he impersonates Chico Buarque I always chuckle.
>>
>>73210214
hmm i guess i just don't have enough context for it
i'll probably come back to it after i listen to more mpb
>>
>>73209433
maybe check out that Residente s/t, it's an interesting blend of reggaeton with a whole lotta different stuff

or if you want something not that fun some Carl Ruggles complete works comp, i listened to the green one on spotify and after the first 4 songs which i found kinda eh most stuff is great. Pieces are a couple minutes long each. Good if you want something complex but brief I guess
>>
>>73210147
Listening to Loveless now, but doing Kid A as well will be too tight. One of these instead, Spiderland unless someone weighs in differently.
>>
>>73210495
nah spiderland is good
also kid a is only like 48 mins whats the deal with being too tight
>>
>>73210516
49+50 is 99 min, i had exactly 100 and caught a little delay
>>
File: Will.I.Am_-_WillPower.jpg (60KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Will.I.Am_-_WillPower.jpg
60KB, 300x300px
I'm going to be honest

The first half of this is so bad that no matter how good the second half is I'll still dislike the album
>>
File: IMG_4137.png (191KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4137.png
191KB, 750x1334px
Maurice Moss lookin motherfucker
>>
good morning
>>
Is this supposed to be a vertical album or a horizontal album?
>>
>>73210596
this is the far inferior album named willpower wyd
>>
>>73202365
yea boy
>>
>>73210891
it's actually called #willpower but ok
>>
ya boi boutta Have One On Me if you know what im saying
>>
File: meme.png (279KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
279KB, 452x452px
>>73211051
?
>>
>>73211051
L-Lewd?
>>
>>73211108
exactly
>>73211109
not exactly
>>
File: Tuco tourney whatever.png (923KB, 2009x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco tourney whatever.png
923KB, 2009x1272px
Scores

u rec me: Rudi, Yamir, Ethyboy, Comet
>>
>>73211491
Wew, blam. Index onions ?
>>
respect from japan.
>>
File: 1322561.jpg (214KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1322561.jpg
214KB, 900x900px
>>
>>73211716
how has nobody edited the hands into okay emojis yet
>>
>>73211695
thank u keiji
>>
>>73211628
I really liked the lo-fi 60s, drug haze surf noise thing it had going on, that was something special, Rainy Nights and Fire Eyes were two of the best songs I've ever heard, reminded me a heap of Torch of the Mystics era Sun City Girls, might move it up to a 10 (which would be the first 10 I've ever given on a tourney) upon repeated listens
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkusxQ-NlFo
hahahaha what the hell
>>
>>73212452
>rock music
>>
>>73212452
man i was gonna post something boring in response but now it's impossible because dogevillage posted. now nothing can be boring in comparison
>>
>>73212452
Trap is the New Wave of the 21st century
>>
>>73206283
Had a feeling you'd like Kimono My House!

I rec Portishead - Third
>>
>>73211852
Nice, well watch me fuck this up:
Lucifer [Mort Garson] - Black Mass
>>
>>73212452
>what the hell
do u kno nothing about scene music this is commonplace
>>
>>73212452
Lol I thought this was pretty funny. Of course a bunch of joyless rymers are rushing to give this a 0.5 rating.

It's a modern ISMFOF - Crank Dat
>>
File: IMG_2577.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2577.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>73212452
This is an improvement
>>
File: wew_1.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
wew_1.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>73211739
>>73211716
>>
talking about Index what's other shit is there out there with that reverby 'lo-fi 60s, drug haze surf noise' sound as Tuco put it
>>
>>73212452
hav u not heard the crank that cover by I set my friends on fire
>>
>>73213055
idk maybe Death Surf by Heroin in Tahiti haha
>>
>>73213055
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/the_es_shades/anyday__anywhere___without_my_love/
>>
>>73213136
dunno if ur saying this purely for bants but its pretty alright anyway

>>73213137
also pretty good
>>
File: 700.jpg (23KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
23KB, 600x606px
>>73213055
oh haha somebody actually reads my posts
>>
>>73213466
nah i was serious i just have no idea what the record you were referring to is so it could be a total miss ykno
>>
>>73210596
>no matter how good the second half is I'll still dislike the album
It continuously gets worse until the track "Ghetto Ghetto"
>>
Wew, Kanye is actually good
>>
>>73213768
what?
>>
>>73213768
what?
>>
>>73213768
what?
>>
>>73213512
i do tend to pay attention to your reviews and scores desu, you're one of the closest to me in taste I think

i just never reply because i have nothing interesting to say

>>73213558
it's pretty similar, quite like the droney style

you should check out The Index tho
>>
>>73213867
bich i might

>>73213768
the leak with the thug feature?
>>
I ask this every once in a while but can I get some recs with guitar work like Gang of Four, PiL, Big Black, etc?

p much the only shit i've been listening to for the last month or two
>>
File: 1479512167975.gif (15KB, 400x329px) Image search: [Google]
1479512167975.gif
15KB, 400x329px
hi hello

Can anyone link me a good playlist to burn a CD for my car?

Looking to make CD's for old school rap, soul RnB, alternative music, and a playlist to pop in and chill on a rainy day, any help is appreciated okk pls&ty
>>
>>73213985
what?
>>
>>73213985
just burn a mix or sth from someone u like
>>
>>73213981
maybe try Klaus Mitffoch s/t not sure if i remember the sound right idk
>>
>>73214044
good rec but I've already heard it

i'm probably going to have to just listen to average forgotten bands to try and find something new to me
>>
>>73214010
i know, i just wanted to hear your guys' music recommendations c:
>>
File: time travel.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
time travel.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>73213985
>burn a CD for my car
>>
File: tourneyment.jpg (384KB, 1500x953px) Image search: [Google]
tourneyment.jpg
384KB, 1500x953px
Valium aggelein - some german shite
This was enjoyable to listen to, but didn't have much interesting this going on. The most unique trait of this album was the heavy presence of reversed and delayed feedback in the background of most of the songs. A fairly generic piece of slowcore, especially considering this was in 1998, but it wasn’t bad by any means.
3/5

Mark Pritchard - Under The Sun
Variety of styles, but it doesn’t accel at any of them.
The poppier tracks are the better ones on here but none of them are particularly attention getting.
Feelin a light 3 on this

Russian meme album
A lot of the tracks on here just seem like fairly generic hardcore songs, there are some interesting moments here and there, namely the few woodwind solos and minor key heavy songs that almost sound like black metal. The vocals and riffs are good, but they only sometimes do something new and interesting. The title track is the clear standout on this album. I can’t tell if the production of this album is terrible or incredible and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing, the drums are barely audible at points, and then on one track that trend is flipped and the guitars go backstage. All of that accounted for, the riffs that are audible on this album are surprisingly intricate for a punk album, and pretty catchy. The singing is energetic even if I have no idea what Letov is babbling about.
Strong 3 to a light 3.5 on this one
1/2
Letov & Trip advance to the final round, recc a double LP, although you could still do a single if you really wanted to
>>73213985
just burn Bigtyme Vol II: All Screwed Up lmoa
>>
>>73213985
>memesJumanjiWhatYear.jpeg
>>
i suck and so do you guys, i've asked this question so many times and none of you have put me onto World Domination Enterprises

just found them and it's exactly what i want
>>
>>73214203
hMmMMmmMmMm
unwound - leaves turn inside you
>>
>>73214203
2/2
Simon Bookish - Everything/Everything
This seems to largely retread ground already covered by other pop artists from the late 70s and early 80s primarily. The most unique thing about this album is the large presence of horns throughout, but they end up being grating after about the second song. Bookish’s singing isn’t particularly memorable for the most part, he sounds like a lot of post punk and new wave vocalists, but with a bit more vibrato at points. A lot of the instrumentation here was pretty robotic and unemotional, it felt like MIDI at times. I probably enjoyed the last track the most.
Feeling a decent 2.5 on this one
>>
>>73213985
Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til Infinity
>>
File: Statue1.png (2MB, 956x924px) Image search: [Google]
Statue1.png
2MB, 956x924px
>>73214203
>Variety of styles, but it doesn’t accel at any of them.
i forgive you because of the pun
>>
>>73213925
No, the guy
>>
backlogchart.jpg
2MB, 4000x1838px
>joanna newsom - have one on me
yeah it's fantastic of course it is newsom's a talented songwriter and the instrumentation is lush but never overbearing how could this be anything but good
>buncha satie
yeah it's fantastic of course it is satie's a talented composer and the piano sounds great a couplea great performers how could this be anything but good
>>
bump lim wew
>>
>>73214397
i forgot to talk about colonial patterns but it's good
>>
File: brian pillman gun 1.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
brian pillman gun 1.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>73214397
>that 666 score
explain
>>
>>73214460
qt
>>
I'm gonna take a small break from /daily/. I don't feel too well lately and I don't even enjoy exploring music much currently, so it's better if I do other stuff for awhile. I'll return in a month or something. s has the listenalong schedule, don't disappoint me, I want to see filled charts when I return.

Goodbye, see you.
>>
>>73214526
<3
>>
>>73214526
bad way to end the thread
well miss u, kanz <3
>>
>>73214526
best of luck on your future endeavors! you will be missed.
>>
>>73214526
dont die stay safe eat drugs
>>
File: 430637-20130716-1432141.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
430637-20130716-1432141.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
>>73214526
>>
Wow you guys new thread!!
>>
>>73214203
Swans - Swans Are Dead
>>
File: faded.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
faded.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>73214526
I'll try my best
Hope you come back soon, but take the time you need man
>>
as well as a new thread
>>73214755
>>73214755
>>73214755
>>
Thanks you all :)
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.