[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i cant be the only one who finds Gorillaz a little confusing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: gorillaz.jpg (112KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
gorillaz.jpg
112KB, 900x675px
i cant be the only one who finds Gorillaz a little confusing right?

i get that the animated characters are just characters, but do the voice actors make the music? or is it just murdoc and 2d that make the music? can /mu/ help explain.
>>
File: unknown.png (131KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
131KB, 275x275px
Stop listening to normie shit
>>
"Gorillaz are an English virtual band created in 1998 by musician Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett." First sentence of the Wikipedia page. Just look it up.
>>
>>73197676
it's just damon albarn making the music to my knowledge. he has an artist who's name escapes me, i think he helps with the lyrics and does all of the animation.
>>
>>73197676
In real life it's just Damon Albarn, but the whole "lore" to it is that for Self-Titled, Demon Days, and Humanz are made by the whole band and Plastic Beach is just made by 2D, Murdoc and a drum machine.
>>
>>73197976
this
>>
You must be at least 18 years old to post here.
>>
>>73197676
In the real world Damon Albarn almost exclusively makes the music with various guests and session musicians. James Hewlett's role is album covers, videos, visuals etc. For the videos and other speaking appearances several voice actors are hired to portray the virtual members. These have no involvement in the music
In the Gorillaz fantasy world the band consists of the 4 characters (and some other early members who don't need mentioning and are just there for lore). 2D and Murdoc are consistent members. Between Demon Days and Plastic Beach Noodles and Russell left for reasons I can't be arsed to go into. Plastic Beach featured Cyborg Noodle alongside 2D and Murdoc. Cyborg Noodle left after either Plastic Beach or the Fall (can't be arsed to check) and Noodles is back in. Russel is also back in now.
Confused? You should be
>>
What's the point of all this cartoon crap anyway? Can't he just make the music and leave it like that?
>>
>>73199728
When your music sucks you need some gimmick to market it to redditor teenagers
>>
>>73199728
I guess it probably just seemed like an interesting idea at the time, and you can't say it didn't work. My guess would be that because he was roommates with James at the time that he was making songs and James ended up getting involved and it just spiralled from there.
>>
>>73199728
One reason for the characters was to differentiate the project from Damon Albarns solo work. He didn't want to be limited to the stuff he was known for from Blur, or be stuck to one genre.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.