[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, where does this stand in his discography, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Aphex_Twin_-_Syro_alt_cover.jpg (6KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Aphex_Twin_-_Syro_alt_cover.jpg
6KB, 220x220px
In your opinion, where does this stand in his discography, /mu/?
>>
bumpo
>>
I don't know. I like to put it on in the car. It probably rates higher than ICBYD. There's definitely some dazzling stuff on Syro. It's hard to rank his released because they are all pretty inconsistent in quality. I've listened to nearly everything and probably lost the critical distance necessary to get a sense of what I feel was actually important. All of his stuff is fun, and some of that can be insubstantial, some of it is sublime.
>>
My favorite album of his after SAW II.
>>
>>73193259
Something about the production on this album is too sterile to make it really likeable imo.
>>
>>73193259
An odd one. For me at least, there's no doubt it's got fantastic music, although it does have an usual tonal disparity compared to his other stuff. Having said that, it's the Aphex album I've listened to nearly the most, only behind drukqs.
>>
it's my least favorite Richard D James album
there are a few great tracks, but otherwise it's a big eh
>>
ICBYD>SAW>DRUKQS>COMPUTER INSTRUMENTS 2=SAWII=COME TO DADDY>RDJ>SYRO
>>
>>73193259
It's not his best, but most of his releases are kinda inconsistent so it's hard to tell. I'd put it in the middle above his industrial techno pseudonyms, ICBYD, and about on par with SAW 85-92 (which has always been overrated to me anyway.)
>>73193473
I feel the exact opposite. It's not my favorite RDJ album, but what immediately stood out about it to me was that its production sounded very close to the hardware in an enjoyable way, if that makes any sense.
>>
The Rolling Stones are better than Aphex Twin.
>>
>>73193956
this is true, but what you might not understand or fail to reckon with is that The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest groups of the past 60 years, so it is only natural.
>>
Drukqs>SAW 85-92>RDJ>ICBYD>Syro>SAW II

Still a great album, just prefer his other works.
>>
>>73193956
Bach is better than both together, what's your point? They are entirely different artists.
>>
up there
>>
>>73193823
>computer instruments 2 over SAW II AND RDJ album

absolutely disgusting
>>
File: Aphex Twin - Field Day.png (3MB, 2159x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Aphex Twin - Field Day.png
3MB, 2159x2160px
this is better than syro imo
>>
File: FinalBossRichard.jpg (69KB, 468x302px) Image search: [Google]
FinalBossRichard.jpg
69KB, 468x302px
>>73194513
It's dope, but it's not THAT dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PiwgpIlwIA
>>
>>73194318
Gay-ass Bachposter.
>>
It's not the peak of his work but it's his most well-rounded album imo. Some of the tracks are real slow-burners (like 4bit) so it stands up to a lot of repeat listens.
>>
>>73195141
Did ya feelings get hurt?
>>
>>73195444
Yes, but that's not the point.
>>
>>73195444
Probably. Bach and Aphex are both a part of the musical pantheon. So fuck both of ya.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.