[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bands that create a genre that no one really improves upon >Queen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Queen_II.jpg (96KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Queen_II.jpg
96KB, 300x300px
Bands that create a genre that no one really improves upon >Queen
>Rock Opera
>>
I think The Who pulled it off even better
>>
>>73187501
M8 I don't know what you think Rock Opera means but Queen never wrote a rock opera, and that is the first of the issues. The first rock opera was S.F. Sorrow, but it never got anywhere, so the first one thats really accepted was Tommy

But even with the benefit of the doubt that judging by the cover you were talking about Bohemian Rhapsody, which foremost is not a rock opera, was written and released a whole 6 years after Tommy
>>
File: Act_II_The_Father_of_Death.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Act_II_The_Father_of_Death.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
um try again sweaty :)
>>
>>73188301
mmmmm, sooo sweaty....
>>
>>73188207
>>73187530
literally an opera sounding rock song

dumbass it doesnt mean concept album
>>
>>73188371
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_opera
>>
>>73188390
That's not what OP was talking about
>>
>>73188371
>using a term that refers to something else then getting pissy when other people misunderstand
>>
>>73188401
he's wrong about what rock opera means though
>>
>>73187501
>>
File: SongsfromtheBlackHole.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SongsfromtheBlackHole.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
>>73187501
>>
>>73188421
I always feel sad thinking about that

Maybe someday they'll actually get around to releasing it
>>
>>73187530
Who?
>>
>>73188451
I REALLY WANNA KNOW
>>
>>73187501
Coheed and Cambria? Their music is usually based off a comic book the lead man wrote himself. If that isn't a good enough "rock opera" then I don't know what is.
>>
>>73188466
Come on...

AND TELL ME WHO ARE YOU
>>
>>73188440
I feel your pain anon. I hope they finish it and release it or do anything with it. Until then this is it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC583rjiTLA
>>
>>73188491
At this point I'd be fine with a lifehouse situation where the story is outlined, we get most of the parts and we can puzzle them into place?
>>
>>73188371
You're an insufferable cunt and your thread is shit.

Neck yourself.
>>
>>73189185
I'm op and that wasn't me. But I meant the sound. I guess I should've called it opera rock but rock opera sounds better.
>>
>>73188406
This is OP and while I did use the wrong term that wasn't me
>>
>>73188207
Perhaps the first Rock Opera ALBUM was S.F. Sorrow by The Pretty Things but as far as I know the first Rock Opera in general was A Quick One While He's Away by The Who.

And if you're going by the concept of what an opera is supposed to be Bohemian Rhapsody is , indeed, a Rock Opera.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.