[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curious to /mu/'s opinion on A Crow Looked At Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a0249360790_10.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0249360790_10.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
I'm sure this thread existed a long time ago, but I'm curious as to whether any opinions have changed.
>>
>>73185740
Nah, still my AOTY.

But I heard snippets of the audio for Tonite by LCD Soundsystem from their VR thingo and desu their new album might take over.
>>
>>73185740
I've never heard such an introspective look into loss as this.

It's fascinating and beautiful.
>>
>>73185740
i still think its a 6/10 considering how forgettable it is and how cloy he made it, even with as legitimate as his loss. Its very overrated because of the context it was made in, but that doesn't make the music worthy of a 10/10
>>
An album I didn't like a first, enjoyed it much more on my second listen.

Definitely not an album I think I will fully ever listen to again for a very, very long time.
>>
>>73185740
The Fantano review is pretty spot-on, but I wouldn't give it a 9
>>
>>73185887
This. I really don't understand why people say it's a 10. Yeah, the context it was made in is sad as fuck and I feel for the guy but this album has like 4 good songs.
>>
>>73185887
>>73185947

You are perhaps looking at the songs individually, perhaps weighing which one would be the single and such.

If you are looking at it this way, in my opinion it's the absolute wrong way to view the album. Yes, there are some tracks I like maybe a bit more than others, but it's meant to be listened to as a whole, back to back. It is meant to be judged as one piece. This is not an album you just go in and listen to a couple of tracks.
>>
>>73185740
it's still garbage
>>
Heard it once and i don't intend to really listen to it again. I wasn't scarred by his grief, rather the music isn't very interesting
>>
>>73185740
It's definitely the saddest album I've listened to, but it's not very interesting musically and I probably wouldn't listen to it again
>>
>>73185740
Honestly, I liked the album but I can't see it as being AOTY. Sure, it gave me feels that I thought an album couldn't possibly give me, but that by itself doesn't make it AOTY worthy.
The whole album is a guy reminiscing about his dead wife and expressing his current thoughts about it, as if its the only album out there that does this.
I agree with >>73185887 in how forgettable the album is. I think a lot of people liked it because of the feels and the fact that they felt sorry for the guy because of his loss. Regardless, that alone does not make it a 10/10.

6.5/10
>>
I didn't like it at first

then I saw Phil perform it in Oakland along with two brand new songs

I like it now
>>
>>73185915
This. I think it's a 6.5 or 7.

Maybe after a heavy loss it could be impossible to listen or suddenly become the album that helps me get through it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.