[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me the appeal of Death Grips, because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Death_Grips_-_The_Money_Store.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Grips_-_The_Money_Store.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
Can someone explain to me the appeal of Death Grips, because I just don't get it.
>>
>>73182944
alt0>>73182944normie music
>>
>>73182944
Do you like industrial and noise rock? Because that's pretty much what it is
>>
>>73182944
it's Nine Inch Nails but for people who aren't as suicidal
>>
>>73182944
It's just kind of fun. It's not supposed to be deep or the pinnacle of artistry. It's just MC Ride screaming and getting you hyped with some really badass industrial beats in the background. What's not to love.
>>
>>73183191
>It's just kind of fun. It's not supposed to be deep or the pinnacle of artistry.
But this is the exact opposite of what I keep hearing from people I know.
>>
>>73182944
A lot of the songs are really bland. MC Ride has a great sounding voice but his lyrics aren't anything special either. They have a few good ones but most of their songs are really surprisingly boring
>>
>>73183238
You know people irl that listen to death grips?
>>
>>73184258
i know a girl who likes exmilitary and the money store
>>
he doesn't fucking get it dude
>>
>>73183191
this
it's basically just brostep nu-metal, and it's acclaimed. underages needed this
>>
File: Limp_Bizkit_Significant_Other.jpg (37KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
Limp_Bizkit_Significant_Other.jpg
37KB, 297x300px
>>73182944
Death Grips is the new Limp Bizkit.

[spoilers]...and I love them both.[/spoilers]
>>
>>73183191

this times 3. Their discography is addicting as hell
>>
File: 1404036941342.jpg (830KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1404036941342.jpg
830KB, 2448x2448px
>>73182944
It took a little while for them to grow on me, but Death Grips is just about my favourite band now. They fulfill a very satisfying niche of technical, aggressive industrial and hip-hop music. There's stuff that's heavier (ie actual noise music like Merzbow or Prurient) and rap music that's more fluent, but I feel like DG strikes a unique and fun balance between the two. The lyrics are whatever - you can't really dig into them at a casual listen, but when you look into them in clarity, it reveals a lot of profound conceptual ideas (existential abandonment, meaningless violence, confusion, vulnerability, hatred). Basically, you can engage with the lyrics on whatever level suits you.

I understand that they're not for everybody - I've recommended it to mates, and only a few really vibe with it. Other than that, they've released an absolute fuckton of music, and I feel like the quality is always really high (I thought GP was pretty average, but it was a different kind of direction for them that they've since re-engineered into something tighter).
>>
I enjoy the abrasion and how the hooks are strange and shouldn't work but do anyway
>>
>>73182944
I love the way the production and beats sound, they're very unique. I love the cryptic dark lyrics and Zach Hill is arguably one of the greatest drummers of all time. I think It's awesome how little they care about making money and focus more on their deep passion for making music. They have released at least one album each year and haven't even had a bad release. Death Grips is my favorite band and The Money Store is my favorite album and it will probably be like that for me for a long time
>>
>>73184682
>>73183191
This

I enjoy songs like "Lock Your Doors" and "Fuck That" because they are being hardcore for the sake of being hardcore, but the vocals and drums are coming from a place of real passion. Whereas in types of nu metal the edginess is just for aesthetic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.