[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite AnCo related projects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: BestAnCo.png (189KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
BestAnCo.png
189KB, 756x756px
IMO these are the best they've released
>>
>>73174240
Person pitch is great
>>
>>73174240
Pullhair Rubeye? That's one hot take
>>
>>73176241
It's actually a great album
>>
>>73176742
which way do you listen to it?
>>
>>73177672
Is this album supposed to be listened to backwards also? Ive seen some vids on youtube where the songs are reversed. Anyway i just listen to it normally
>>
Anco are ashit
>>
>>73178600
> “hey guys that is indeed the record, no tricks involved here, no concepts. We just really like it that way. Hope that’s cool. Were not bummed. I hope youre not…
Its not really an issue of prefering the songs backward. Its more of the fact that this is a release we wanted to put out. It has a foreign/other quality and as you said nice warm ambient quality that we like. I wouldnt really say its a noise record. Ive put tons and tons of work into songs noone will ever hear why should it stop me from doing what i want with them. its just because you guys know the songs and can even hear them reversed on your computers that makes you have all these confused thoughts. If you couldnt download bootlegs of the songs and couldnt hear them reversed then you would just say fuck this record sucks..or cool this record rules and youd let it grow on you or you wouldnt. Youd find a place where it works or you wouldnt. Its not hard to flip a reel around and hear it backwards or even decide that it sounds sweet and its not really that bizzare of a record either or that difficult if you can get over the fact that its backwards you dont even need a computer. If you just pass it off as backwards sure ofcourse its not revolutionary or “experimental” youve been able to flip tape for more or less almost 100 years now why would i think its experimental??? Ive heard “i am sitting in a room” okay, i know what experimental music is (hehehe joke).
>>
>>73178600
> Its also clear that the bulk of our fanbase is able to put the thing on their computers and listen to it the other way so its not as if we didnt know that was gonna happen either. we dont think it should be heard that way cause songs are sped up, dont have vocals etc. but we know that wont stop you so do what you like, and in a way that is cool.
> If there wasnt so much hype and so much of an expectation for us to put out this killer “experimental pop record” then alot of you might never even hear about this record. But wed still be into it and would have faith that some people would too.
> we offer this cause we think it is somthing special we made (as equally special as the songs forward) and different from what youve heard and songs that you can get else where. We like the textures and the melodies. And honestly somthing we think our fans can digest. If i thought it was just a “noise record” i wouldnt put it out. If your just passing judgment cause of what youve heard other people say you should atleast check out the record.
> by the way it was the 21st of december when we decided this. I think it was a combination of of being stuck in nyc for christmas and seeing that new david lynch movie, so if youre that bummed you can blame the weather and david lynch.”

tl;dr Avey Tare is thousands of miles up his own ass, and yes you should listen to a re-reversed fixed version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTIpW5y4GbE
>>
>>73179810
how is he up his own ass? that's a really chill explanation for why they released it the way they did. it's not like he's trying to justify anything or force people to listen to it a certain way, he's just providing his own perspective on the art he released which is totally understandable.
additionally, if you're really a fan of animal collective (all of their material), listening to something backwards really shouldn't be that offputting.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.