[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quitting music waste of time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

gonna sell all music equipment i got for the past ten years. whats the best way do i go about that? some shit needs to be listed as spare parts since it doesn't work.
my reasons for quitting:
>playing piano since 7
>laughed at alot because of it
>around 14 got into sequencing
>around 19 wanted to do something with it, get girls or something
>tried to join bands
>finally got one but shit went sour real fast. it was fucking terrible.
>seeing other peers that barely know the game move up socially with it.
>last 10 years was shit because i had no where else to go so i just stayed at home making shit.
>just want to sell it all im tired of it.
> Id rather put it in some other endevour that i can make money
>realize all i need is hookers and drugs.
>still crave to create but I'm burned the fuck out. end up turning off everything after 10 minutes
>the effort is not worth the stress.

protip: make friends with connections. talent comes second. music is not for the socially inept or stunted.
>>
Send me stuff in the mail
>>
>>73167263

selling your shit when you have artist's block ain't the wisest idea, my guy. just sit on your equipment for half a year or so and see if you still want to sell it then. i get the same artist's block with my drawing/painting every so often. i believe in you, anon.
>>
>>73167292
Yeah yeah yeah just get it out of your life for a while and see how you do, find a friend with a garage or rent storage or something, if you tried it for 10 years its probably not because you had the kinda interest that will just go away if you dump all your shit
>>
>>73167292
Artist's block? Did you miss this part?
>realize all I need is hookers and drugs.
>>
>Doing masters degree
>no time for music
>Have written and recorded demos from past 2-4 years that will be the next classic album
>no time to record them properly
It's killing me lads, being responsible is bullshit, I should go back to being a neet for a couple of years and emerge as the next big thing in music
>>
>>73167313
Also wtf am I doing give us a fucking soundcloud link faggot
>>
File: 3c2.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
3c2.png
2MB, 1064x983px
>>73167314

yes because getting burned out on art and resorting to drugs and alcohol is such a new concept of debauchery, you fucking aspie. did you miss this part:

>still crave to create but im burned the fuck out
>>
>>73167292
it isnt an artist block. its more of a "whats the point? no one is gonna listen to this shit.".

Investment in music equipment isnt anything like drawing or painting. The money for reselling can go else where.
I'll just leave myself with a cheap midi keyboard controller if i want to go back to it since everything i do is computer anyway.
holy fuck you make everything worse just by responding to you.
>>
>>73167341
>Burned out on art
>The effort is not worth the stress
>I'd rather put it in some other endeavor that I can make money
Traita of a true artist, right? And, oh yes, resort to drugs and alcohol when anything requires a little more effort.
>>
>>73167316
little known fact and something you really need to fucking understand. like you really need to understand this shit:
>protip: make friends with connections. talent comes second. music is not for the socially inept or stunted.

ive watched some kid just get friends that are already in the scene and now hes going places and living life. dude cant even finish a song and hes out being social. meanwhile you are stuck at home writing hoping it will stick someday.

>>73167389
its not a matter of skill. its that im not attractive or people dont care. was always known as the weirdo or creep in school so i got excluded even after graduating. now im the weirdo or creep that plays an instrument. If anything would have helped me would have been looking like a tool with a guitar. but you gotta be social first. its a fucking mess. i just want to fucking forget it man. music maybe helped me cope with being ok with staying home all through my 20s because i had no where else to go but its not cool now.
>>
File: 1404733325020.jpg (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1404733325020.jpg
28KB, 380x250px
>>73167350
>>73167469

then sell your shit you dumb fucking faggot. the mere fact that you posted on a 4chan board for genuine life-advice is a sign in and of itself that you can't take care of yourself or any of your dimwitted faculties to any competent degree. if you don't want to make music, then sell your shitty expensive equipment and go do drugs and be a fucking burnout mopey has-been artist faggot. you looked to music to fix your security issues without realizing that, even if you had succeeded at music, you'd still be an insecure fucking husk of a person. go make some friends and leave 4chan, you fucking idiot. sell your equipment and off yourself.
>>
File: Died-mucicians.jpg (73KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
Died-mucicians.jpg
73KB, 478x358px
>>73167532
>if you had succeeded at music, you'd still be an insecure fucking husk of a person.
the fucking irony of this post. lol
>>
>>73167532
i just wanted to know whats the best way about to sell equipment. even non functional but still turns on shit.
>>
>>73167469
In this age you don't need connections or to "know a guy who knows a guy." Internet has made all this way more direct, if you've built up something people like and go to them you don't need a guy.
>>
File: 1446160428241.png (124KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1446160428241.png
124KB, 500x333px
>>73167567

because every musician that killed themselves sure was invigorated by the rush of being at the top of their game; so much so in fact, that they offed themselves at their peak. wow, what a convincing argument, anon! truly you've enlightened me. that's why so many artists struggle with addiction issues, depression and attachment issues despite being outrageously successful. you got me, man.
>>
>>73167622
Op had his booty tickled, wah
>>
Make catchy songs about partying and love, and market it to teen girls.

You're welcome
>>
>>73167263
>protip: make friends with connections.
protip? lololol why should I listen to quitters like you? failfags btfo NGMI
>talent comes second.
had all the resources and support, that's why.
you never experienced hunger. you had everything and you have nothing to make up for what you don't have.
You never improve if you never improv.
>music is not for the socially inept or stunted.
Huh? music is language but it doesn't have anything to do with normie meme.

>last 10 years was shit because i had no where else to go so i just stayed at home making shit.
Lol. What took you this long? You just facinated yourself in the 'music' scene at this point.

Achievement: enthusiast
>>
>>73167263
>playing piano since 7
>laughed at alot because of it
weak soul
>around 14 got into sequencing
for what? waste of time
>around 19 wanted to do something with it, get girls or something
are you like unattractive af?
>tried to join bands
pop is "the shit" now
>finally got one but shit went sour real fast. it was fucking terrible.
figures
>seeing other peers that barely know the game move up socially with it.
jealous? weak soul
And where's the result? nothing. 10 years for nothing.
>just want to sell it all im tired of it.
no, just throw and thrash them away at this point.
> Id rather put it in some other endevour that i can make money
>realize all i need is hookers and drugs.
realize your life is over
>still crave to create but I'm burned the fuck out. end up turning off everything after 10 minutes
you don't crave to create. you create to crave.
>the effort is not worth the stress.
you're not stressed. you're just afraid with a weak soul.

[spoiler]did you play the synth, fucking faggot[/spoiler]
>>
>>73167316
Everything comes with a price.
Drop your masters. Destroy your careers. Destroy every paths until music is the only light that is left.
Put your life on the line and you will understand music to its core; otherwise, you are not qualified to devise the magnum opus.
>>
>>73169710
don't do this lol
>>
>>73167622
>>73167567
Some of those musicians on the pic were mentored and molested by the *toot*. They were given a heads up.
On the other hand you can join those masons and suck a dick to become the next star (requirement is that you have to be cute)
>>
>>73169721
>don't do this lol
True if you see music as a 'career' or 'hobby' but if you see music differently then you must do it.
>>
>>73167263
>make friends with connections. talent comes second. music is not for the socially inept or stunted.
your post is epic.

I do have some thoughts on it but generally I respect your decision too much to bother you with them
>>
>>73169721
burgeoise comfort kills the soul
>>
>>73167263
>sequencing
Well there's your problem

Play a real instrument
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.