[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you became a music nerd?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: KzTBA1o.jpg (86KB, 606x611px) Image search: [Google]
KzTBA1o.jpg
86KB, 606x611px
How did you became a music nerd?
>>
Fuck off.
>>
Got really into thrash metal in middle school because my parents had Garage Inc then branched out as I grew up
>>
>>73166253
>he identifies as a "music nerd"

fuck off
>>
>became
>>
Started playing instruments and listening to albums in Middle School I guess. I didn't like music at all before that
>>
>>73166253
I got an internet connection and got busy.
>>
I actually hate music but I found myself fucking around with audio tracks in audacity until I began accidentally making my own music.

I still hate basically all music but I like my mixes and that is all that matters.
>>
The television show glee, then happening across nmh on a YouTube suggestion. I'm not ashamed
>>
Raised by god fearing fag-hating Christians, from a young age associated music with religious experience, when I dropped the ol' faith the musical divinity didn't go nowhere
>>
>>73166253
If you consider yourself a "music nerd", you're everything that's wrong with this board
>>
Honestly. It's the only thing that makes sense that comes from people's brains. All language is fucked. Most people are horrendous. Who cares what they think about anything or what they are trying to communicate with words? Music is at least a new conversation.
>>
>>73166269
>>73167421
never said I was, Im asking to know other's people experience getting deep into music
>>
I have OCD and spent the entirety of my high school years consuming reviews and music lists from rym, metacritic, allmusic, wiki, etc. I'm 23 now and only listen to like half a dozen new releases each year but those were good times
>>
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

I keep seeing this faggot on my recommended videos, who is he?
>>
>>73167807
don't even bother, nobody gives a shit about him anymore anyway
>>
File: 1446840409835.gif (833KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1446840409835.gif
833KB, 500x353px
I'm good at making it
>>
>>73166868
Then why are you here? With all due respect.
>>
Naturally good gravitated towards playing drums from the age of 10 and became interested in bands around the same time. Since then (now 20) it's been the only hobby I feel like I'm truly passionate about and can explore deeply.
>>
File: 31079d0a.jpg (210KB, 1126x1126px) Image search: [Google]
31079d0a.jpg
210KB, 1126x1126px
>>73166253
A buddy of mine introduced me to the Shaggs when I was a freshman and it set me down an arduous path.
>>
I was always a weird fuck i was listening to 80's hardcore and 70's punk while my classmates were listening to emo pop and 50 cent
>>
I got really sad and started surrounding myself with the intricate sounds and stories from bands like Queen, Electric Light Orchestra, and Blue Öyster Cult
>>
Met people who showed me cool stuff.
>>
>>73166253
started using the internet a lot at 12/13 right at the time of the epitome of the hype of indie blogspots and shit around 2008.
>>
I played instruments all through elementary, middle and high school. It was my primary hobby for a while. Came here in high school after listening to like, gorrilaz or whatever and started to get more into other shit

thanks /mu/. you were very nice to a pleb for a while.
>>
Hair too small for his got dang head
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.