[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that albums like this that were once innovative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
Do you think that albums like this that were once innovative are also good albums in a vacuum, without their historical importance or influence in mind?
>>
>>73164028
not all, but I do like that album
>>
>>73164028
Yes
>>
Just like how in conversation one can pick up subtle cues of whether or not the person is being genuine, whether or not they are excited, whether or not they are just using you or feigning interest or saying something they just heard about and are passing off as their own, you can hear a similar tone in art.

Whether it's an album, a movie, a book, you can pick up on the certain excitement and electricity of young musicians moving in the direction they want to, recording an album bursting with new ideas, and doing something risky and bold.

This is why innovative albums like this are often attractive to listen to, and tend to have very little filler. It is also a back and forth kind of thing- as much as it is innovative because people liked it, people also liked it and spread its influence in their own bands because they thought that air of experimentation and boldness was appealing and they wanted to be a part of it
>>
>>73164028
that one is
>>
>>73164028
Personally, i only enjoy that album knowing its historical importance. The music is more of a fascination to me than anything, because even though I can't get into it, it's interesting to see how ahead of its time it was.
>>
I don't know if I'm retarded, but I have a very hard time picturing what albums would've sounded like at the time they were released. So if an album that was "ahead of its time" sounds exactly like all the shit that came after it but not as good, then I'm not gonna like it more just because it came first. And even though I have a hard time picturing why TVU&N was as revolutionary as it was, I still enjoy it.
>>
>>73164146
Nice copypasta, may I borrow it?
>>
>>73164028

I never got around to this album until last year and I dig it regardless of its influence. If anything, I'm disappointed that viola drones aren't more of a thing considering this album is 50 years old.
>>
>>73166079
>I'm disappointed that viola drones aren't more of a thing considering this album is 50 years old.
I feel like popular music is still catching up to this album
>>
File: velvet.jpg (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
velvet.jpg
71KB, 1000x1000px
>>73164028
No but albums like this one are
>>
>>73164028
Some are. That one's not.
>>
I think albums that have influence are usually so cause people actually like them. I don't think TVU would have had any lasting influence if there wasn't any understandable emotional depth to the music.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.