[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me why you love/hate it go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tkol.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tkol.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
tell me why you love/hate it
go
>>
It's just...depressing. It's so dour. outside of Little by Little all the songs are bereft of fun or beauty.
>>
>>73163573
>bereft of fun
what is Lotus Flower

>bereft of beauty
what is Codex
>>
i love it because i got it on clearance at target for $2.78 and who can say no to that?
>>
It's crisp clear and calming and beautiful

The most understated rhythm section is so in the pocket it defies the definition of groove
>>
>>73163650
agreed, any percussionist would love it
>>
>>73163481
they never explained it
>>
the most underrated Radiohead album

it sounds nothing like anything else they've ever made which makes it kinda special for that alone.

A lot of beautiful and memorable moments on the album (the way the loops build on top of each other in Bloom, the strings in Codex, basically all of Separator)

The special edition packaging was quite cool
>>
>>73163677
it's hi-hat heaven
>>
In my opinion they really fucked up with the drumming. It's similar to the drumming In Rainbows but way less appropriate to the tone of the album. King of Limbs isn't an unsalvageable garbage heap of bad ideas, more so good ideas poorly executed, and the whole thing feels half baked.
>>
I love this album mostly because it was the first time I got to listen to a new Radiohead album when it first came out. That day, I listened to their entire discog in preparation, then laid down, closed my eyes, and listened to TKOL. I loved it instantly. The percussion is incredibly textured and detailed, the grooves are so deep and complex, and the soundcraft is nothing short of otherworldly.

In retrospect, though, there are some things about it that I'm not huge on. There's a distinct lack of energy in a lot of the songs, and I definitely wish it was longer.
>>
>>73163481
I really like the "Live From The Basement" version. It all just sounds really nice
>>
>>73164112
I like that session, the songs feel more emotional, but at the same time I like that the album is kind of cold
>>
>>73163837
Explain how it's less appropriate to the tone of the album. Too sterile?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.