[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk Talk were on to some next level shit, weren't they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tt.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tt.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
Talk Talk were on to some next level shit, weren't they?
>>
It's the best album of all time.
>>
>>73162118
that's been sitting in my spotify for awhile, I always start it and never feel like I'm in the proper mood to vibe with it so I end up stopping it a few minutes in.

Can you sell me on that album?
>>
>>73162118
Absolutely. A sound no other rock band ever really touched upon again. I mean I yes it's post rock, but it's unlike any other post rock band that I know of
>>
such a beautiful piece of work
>>
>>73162393
listen to it late at night. On an audio device that has a big echoey sound stage. Also light some candles and lay on the floor. It's fucking beautiful.
>>
>>73162393
It's what rock music has been building up towards, arguably the peak of artistry in the entire genre before it died

listen to it in bed or driving at night or something
>>
>>73162393
>that's been sitting in my spotify for awhile, I always start it and never feel like I'm in the proper mood to vibe with it so I end up stopping it a few minutes in.
I feel like that everytime I listen to it. It's a really good album, just listen to it and the vibes will come to you. Even if there's shitty vibes going on, the good vibes never die.
>>
they're just like Tool
>>
Why is Spirit of Eden considered superior to Laughing Stock? It's not even close
>>
>>73163219
it's always been the other way around, kiddo
spirit eden is like a beta version of laughing stock
>>
>>73162466
>I mean I yes it's post rock, but it's unlike any other post rock band that I know of
post-rock isn't a real genre, that might be your problem. also slowdive (pygmalion), radiohead (amsp), no-man and elbow have touched on this sound a fair bit, but I agree it's in its own world for the most part. you should listen to 'o'rang
>>
>>73162466
Check out Bark Psychosis - Hex. Similar vibe imo. Excellent album as well
>>
>>73163314
>'o'rang
what who
>>
>>73163455
lee harris and paul webb, formerly of talk talk
>>
>>73163488
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.O.rang

oh I see, couldnt find it for a sec for some reason
>>
>>73162118
nah just ECM-jazz with vocals for the rockists
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.