[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so wrong with his Beatles essay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What's so wrong with his Beatles essay?
>>
>>73144344
It's award winning
>citation needed
>>
>>73144344

i dont think the beatles are rock, they are pop, if youre trying to compare them to your favorite artist from the 60's and 70's with a guitarist that was shredding and a vocalist that was wailing, its not really fair

that said i truly love the beatles, and i really dont know whats missing in the minds of people who dont appreciate the simple pleasure

i also have a problem with this fag just claiming that its set in stone that duke ellington and coltrane are the best in jazz, like fuck off, there's plenty of room for disagreement there, ellington and coltrane dont even cover all the different sub genres in jazz
>>
>>73144344
man Coachella really missed out in not booking Lusty Negro Attitudes
>>
>>73145904
Coltrane's discog covers a ton of jazz sub-genres my dude and if he didnt die so early he would have covered more I'm sure.

Sounds like youre just spurting out names
>>
>>73145904
not even a mention of Thelonious Monk or Ornette Coleman. Ellington and Coltrane are pretty basic desu
>>
>>73145946

>spurting out names
>literally no other names mentioned than the ones in the article

??
>>
>>73144344

what really bothers me about this essay is that he doesnt name a SINGLE EXAMPLE of what he considers a candidate for best or most influential artist

how cowardly can you be?
>>
>>73146056
Ive always assumed he feels someone like Zappa might be
>>
Early Jandek sounds amazing now. Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>73146056
http://www.scaruffi.com/music/best100.html

There you go buddy
>>
>>73146742
>http://www.scaruffi.com/music/best100.html

appreciate that

this guy has bad taste unfortunately
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.