[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TELL ME REASONS WHY THEY AREN'T THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2609.jpg (42KB, 616x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2609.jpg
42KB, 616x440px
TELL ME REASONS WHY THEY AREN'T THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME
>>
Because they suck at balancing singles and album songs
>>
>>73139064
Pablo Honey
>>
>>73139064
faux avant garde pop rock garbage for teenagers and man children
>>
>>73139064
I Promise is shit
>>
I slept with Ed in 2002. He has a medium sized penis. Also, he likes feet.
>>
>>73139100
No
>>
1. there is no greatest band of all time. Anyone who says music is ultimately objective is full of shit. While there are standards/expectations, "greatness" is not something that can be achieved in an objective sense.
2. With 1 being said, if you try to think of what makes a band great in the eyes of many people then the artist's work has to be unique/innovative in their own genre.
3. The artists have to be exceptionally talented, even if the music itself is simple.
4. I think that a band can be even considered for the role of "the greatest band of all time" only after it breaks up. Only when you can assess the full body of work, from start to finish, you can start considering whether a band is great or not.
5. It's not a necessary condition by itself, but a great band will eventually influence a lot of other artists - genre creating, era-defining kind of stuff.

I like Radiohead a lot, AMSP is one of my most favourite albums, but I don't think that they answer any of the criteria above, so I wouldn't consider them as the greatest band of all time, not even the greatest band of the last 20 years, even thou they are pretty great.

Also When people finally realise that Kid A, In Rainbows and A Moon Shaped Pool are far better albums than OK Computer or The Bends, we can finally advance as a human species.
>>
>>73139153
>faux avant garde
In what way?
>>
>>73139168
Thom?
>>
>>73139483
In that the music they make is simply pop music?
>>
>>73139064

Because they didn't change the game the way the Beatles did. They Cameron after the era of true ground breaking. Thom is the first to admit he steals ideas and covets the sounds of Warp Records. Still one of the best bands ever for sure.
>>
They make terrible music
>>
>>73139516
And what is the criteria for pop music? This board thinks music that has any discernible semblance of rhythm, melody or structure is bubblegum pop. Have fun listening to the sounds of bats mating and not feeling human emotions.
>>
>>73139600
It's not my problem that you conflate the word pop with Britney Spears
>>
>>73139516
So? Do they really claim to be anything else? You're putting your ego over your judgement here
>>
>>73139064
Couldn't top Skynyrd
>>
>>73139168
Ed is the shittiest member of the band anyways
>>
>>73139064
king crimson exists
>>
>>73139064
because of bo fah
>>
>>73139064
they went from whinerock to autistic lectranics.

It's the musical equivalent of drool.
>>
Swans exist
>>
>>73139064
Because they're not King Crimson
>>
>>73139064
They mostly follow the same song format on every song

They don't make enough upbeat songs
>>
>>73140266
Also top five songs: Paranoid Android, Let Down, Idioteque, Pyramid Song, and Arpeggi
>>
Talk talk did it better and before
Plus radiohead only create one mood with their music, pretty bland
>>
they're pretty bad live
>>
>>73139064
Yorke's solo albums > Radiohead discography
They're pretty shit band
>>
>>73139064
They're just a bland alt rock band that pseuds love to jerk themselves off to
Never understood the hype
>>
>>73140906
I love both and this is objectively wrong
>>
>>73140906
Imagine being this much of a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>73139467
Replying out of total agreement, especially on their latter material being better than their '90s stuff.
>>
They are not the only one
>>
>>73139467
I agree with this for the most part, but Kid A doesn't even hold a torch to In Rainbows or A Moon Shaped Pool.

And Radiohead is my favorite band of all time, but I like to look at things from that subjective matter
>>
>>73139467
Lmao explain why OK Computer isn't their best album. Superior instrumentals and songwriting in every track. It was the peak of their talent. Thom's vocals and Philips drumming were at its best, not to mention the combination of guitar work and samples layered throughout the album.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.