[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akai APC Mini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: APCmini_ortho_web_lg.png (658KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
APCmini_ortho_web_lg.png
658KB, 1200x750px
Worth getting? I make my music in Ableton Live, and prefer the live feeling of Session view to the arrangement. It's kind of a drag to have to press each clip manually though (or master), and maintaining the volume of each clip is a bit hard with the mouse, thus, the APC mini, which i'd only really use in recording, seems good to play live with as well if I needed to

Pretty cheap as well, my clips rarely exceed 8, I use only about 2-4 columns at a time also so it's a great size for me. Anyone else got one? Thoughts?
>>
If you dont have a midi keyboard yet, i find that more useful overall
>>
>>73134336
Already have one, it's good for hearing sounds but I don't use it near as much as I thought I would. I generally use samples and loops, I though i'd hate writing a melody out on a computer screen but I find it easier than on my tiny 25 key midi keyboard
>>
akai products are pretty horrible quality so you get what you pay for

i guess its not like you are playing it like a keyboard or anything so it might be fine
>>
>>73134294
If you're working in ableton and only use session you should just check craigslist for a push 1. I got it for $200 and it's designed for exactly that
>>
File: MIDImix_ortho_1200x750_web.png (737KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
MIDImix_ortho_1200x750_web.png
737KB, 1200x750px
>>73134423
I find the keyboards to be pretty decent imo, and the pads on my MPK225 are decent. The bigger keyboards are really overpriced though.

Yeah, it's just to make recording songs easier, really. I was thinking about the midi mixer but it doesn't have the clip feature, sadly
>>
>>73134519
Defiantly thinking of getting one in the future, does it have a fader option like the APC does?
>>
>>73134553
Not faders but there are 8 assignable knobs that serve a few purposes (volume control in session mode, also can control ableton instrument parameters instantly or you can assign them to parameters of 3rd party VSTs like massive or whatever you use). Also functions as a drum machine and midi controller. It's a little less traditional format than other controllers but you can set a scale and it's easy to make melodies and chords once you get a feel for it. Watch some YouTube vids, really good bang for your buck (but used)
>>
>>73134553
not that anon
but if you want faders, check out the new maschine jam.

also lauchpad pro is a good choice for this
>>
>>73134952
>>73135539

Thanks for the advice, i'll look into the two options!
>>
>>73134294
If you just want something for launching clips and adjusting volume, the APC mini is perfect. If you want something that has more control, you'll find it a bit limited. I got one a few weeks ago; it's made my workflow a lot easier, but I imagine I will upgrade to a Push or something later on.
>>
>>73136208
Yeah, this is pretty much just what i'm looking for. Shame you can't get a combination of the mixer and the APC but what can you do. Push looks but I still want to focus on my making my music on screen, the hardware is just to improve workflow/recording. Still, I appreciate the help and advice from other people, of course, and the recommendations
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.