[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I feel like I can't enjoy music anymore pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Guys I feel like I can't enjoy music anymore pls help
>>
>>73134285
>>73134285
just leave this place, you will enjoy music and life again
>>
delete your thread for starters
>>
>>73134285
That's the same thing with love:
Stop listening to music and come back when you feel you're ready for music in your life.
>>
It's not always easy to enjoy music on your own. Get some friends but absolutely not people from /mu/
>>
>>73134285
Listen to noise or power electronics, its like an angry vacation from music
>>
Feel the same way about life.
>>73134323
Wonder if this would work.
>>
>>73134285
Just take a break from it for a week or two.
>>
Get an Adderall script. Does wonders.
>>
>>73135078
this OP
The older you get and the more money you have you realize drugs are the solution
>>
>>73134285
I find that meeting new people to play/create with, reading into the biographies and history of various musicians/subgenres, looking into the music that influenced the artists I've enjoyed, and watching Adam Neely's videos--all these things keep my curiosity piqued. I'm constantly discovering new things and listening to new albums every week. It seems like there will never be enough time to discover new things, which can be overwhelming but also exciting.

Recently, I've been learning how analog synths work. I grew up listening to rock and playing it. I also listened to underground hip-hop thanks to the bboy/breakdancing scene in my neighborhood, which led me to discover samples from soul/blues and some jazz. I got into some breakcore/jungle because of rhythm-games like Stepmania/FFR/Pump/Beatmania. Later on, I got into the lo-fi stuff through 80s hardcore punk, which led me to indie-rock, post-punk, shoegaze, no-wave. No-wave led to free jazz. At that point, I didn't like much jazz, but I met a really cool jazz composition grad from Berklee who was super humble and started from punk/grindcore/free-jazz and got into post-bop/art-music. He got me into post-bop, and from there I made my way backwards towards modal-jazz, spiritual jazz, bebop, swing, blues. Recently, I got into more modern jazz and jazz fusion. Then, I met a few guys who were really into old electronic equipment, engineering, computer science. Now I'm interested in audiology, the physics of sound, so ambient electronic inspires me.

At this point, I go back and forth from tons of genres, and I feel like it's never enough. I've still yet to get into classical/art-music.

Hope this helps, OP.
>>
>>73135078
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DxGAURU4f0
>>
Maybe you're just burnt out. Listen to a genre you never listen too, find some other hobbies, maybe go outside for a bit.
>>
>>73134285
A change is as good as a rest. Do something you've never done before
>>
>>73135422
Yeah I like your perspective this helps, thanks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.