[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alt-J, Relaxer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: relaxer.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
relaxer.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
So, what's your first impression?

Ineedtolistentothisagain/10 for me
>>
>>73126572
3WW, In Cold Blood, Deadcrush, Adeline and Pleader are all 10/10 the rest is from mediocre/boring(House of the Rising Sun/Last Year) to GOD-AWFUL (Hit Me Like That Snare)
Overall its probably not as good as their first album but better than their second.
>>
Starting now and it is sublime.
>>
>>73126687
yeah im getting the same feeling
>>
You cant just take a screenshot from a videogame and call it art
>>
>>73127191
Is it from LSD? Seems familar.
>>
>>73127191
yes you can
>>
>>73127199
yeah, dream sequence highway. Funny game, i got to day 95 then my ps1 crashed so i started from day 55 and nothing happened for ages.
>>
>>73127191
I was literally just thinking that this looked like it was from lsd dream emulator. Like when that spooky trenchcoat dude spooks you
>>
pretty mediocre besides the 3 singles

gonna give deadcrush another listen because I feel like it might grow but overall too incoherent and half baked
>>
I am not realy feeling their slower songs, but I agree with >>73126572 about the 10/10, not sure if I completely despise Hit Me Like That Snare though. Deadcrush is the one that instantly got me hooked. Pleader, Adeline, 3WW are complete bliss. In Cold Blood is good, but didn't amaze me, though the video is pretty neat.
>>
>>73127251
I fucked up, meant to say >>73126687
>>
>>73126572
9.3/10

this direction is fantastic.

>>73126687
Last Year is unironically my favorite song.
>>
Good tier:

3WW
In Cold Blood
Adeline
Pleader

Ok tier:

Deadcrush
Last Year

Why tier:
HOTR
HMLTS
>>
>>73126687
spot on assessment
>>
I don't really dislike any track. Don't get the hate for House and Snare desu.
>>
They pulled a Vampire Weekend. Two mediocre albums followed by a 7/10 third one.
>>
>>73127534
>Don't get the hate for House and Snare desu.
same
>>
>>73127561
AAW - 9/10
TIIY - 5/10
Relaxer - 8/10
>>
>>73126572
really, really good
>>
>>73127575
It's a joke song and you need a decent tolerance for pain to enjoy it. It's normie-proof, but still not a good song.
>>
I'm really liking it so far, but I liked all of their stuff. Good music to do nothing to.
>>
Link anyone?
>>
>>73128878
It unironically sounds good though
>>
>>73129055
Just go to their youtube channel, most of the new stuff is up there
>>
>>73129055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwBkXgWNs_M

This is 3WW, its really good
>>
is that LSD dream simulator?

lmao
>>
>>73129055
>>73129153
>>
it's extremely introspective, slow and ambient, but there's a lot of emotional depth you don't really hear in music of that style, so I like it. 7/10
>>
I was going to like this album but rym said it sucked so see you later faggots
>>
I was going to hate this album but rym said it sucks, so I'm obligated to like it
>>
File: Untitled.png (535B, 45x30px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
535B, 45x30px
sorry lads I dont listen to anything under a 2.97
>>
>>73129184
thanks!
>>
Hit me like a snare unironically is one of my favourites on this album
>>
>>73128878
It's literally just a garage rock song. Might be out of place but those drums and that organ sounds great.
>>
Is this suppose to sound like garbage?
>>
>>73129468
this is fine garbage fit for the courts of kings and queens across the world
>>
>>73127534
>>73127575
>>73128878
its an unfitting edgy meme song
>>
>>73130158

buzzwords
>>
>>73130165
you must unironically be a ween fan
>>
>>73126687
this but deadcrush sucks
>>
>>73130276
This Anon gets it

Adeline is SOTY
>>
>>73126572
Solid 8/10 for me.

>God Tier:
3WW
Adeline
Pleader

>Great Tier
In Cold Blood
Last Year
Deadcrush

>Decent Tier
HotRS

>Eh Tier
HMLTS

Personally, don't think any of the songs are bad per se, but HMLTS just does not fit the tone or pacing of the album at all.
>>
>>73126572
So they;re using video game screen shots as album covers now? Fucking 10/10
>>
>>73126572
Really like their more evolved sound and what they're trying to do on this album. What is it with millennials and Japan though?
7/10
>>
Way better than the second albums, feels like they evolved, trying new things
Music videos are pretty neat, and has great sound overall.

I love Adeline, Deadcrush and Pleader
>>
I like Hit Me Like That Snare.

Though I agree it doesn't fit the album.
>>
HMLTS is a grower. The only thing i don't like now is the end of it.
>>
>>73126687
the Fucking start of 3WW made me cozyfuck
>>
>>73126572
yo is it just me or is this a reaaally fucking sick ass album cover, best of 2k17 so far
>>
>>73131117
japan is cool dude
>>
>>73126572
didn't like it. mixing is awful, not cohesive at all... i the entire album sounded more like 3WW and Pleader i'd be much happier. this just didn't do it for me
>>
>>73126572
art pop for people who don't know what art pop is
>>
Alt-J is one of the worst bands to have come out this decade along with The 1975, Wavves and Twenty One Pilots (and their fanbase is just as insufferable)
>>
only good tracks are 3ww and last year (with last year being salvaged by the novelty of the female vocalist)
and practically this is a fucking LP, it barely reaches the 45min length mark.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
55KB, 625x626px
>73132200 (you)
>>
>>73132200
>baaahhhhh mammmmaaa I don't like new things
>>
>>73126572
It's actually amazing and by far my favourite album at the moment. I'm getting major velvet underground vibes from Hit Me Like That Snare. Much like king of limbs this album is ahead of its time. I guarantee you that in six years time people will realise this is their best work and is highly underrated. 10/10
>>
>>73126687
accurate
>>
I always found their pumping and not-so-atmospheric tracks to be where they really stood out musically and could really make a good and memorable sound

Too many slow burner tracks on this album. Kinda like "oh people expect us to do X so let's do Y" (see: How To Make An Alt-j Song" video on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBskd3IaNw
>>
https://clyp.it/gk1ujkjg#
a little edit of HMLTS. removed the uneeded FUCK YOU part and made it end on a distorted repeating fadeout of the previous section. i think it sounds alright.
>>
>>73126687
this is fact not opinion

adeline >> all though
>>
goddamn it.. was trying to listen to the whole thing while just lying in bed

snare song ruins that, I like the start of it though.. but it's relaxer, let it be a relaxer all the way through
>>
>>73134927
FUCK YOU

I'LL DO

WHAT I WANNA DO
>>
*deletes Hit Me Like That Snare*
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.