[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize you absolutely hate drums Music for this feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: kinfe doggo.jpg (8KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
kinfe doggo.jpg
8KB, 323x323px
>tfw you realize you absolutely hate drums
Music for this feel?
>>
Can't relate. Drums are my favorite instrument. That's why I can't get into techno or hip-hop. The beats are too simple and repetitive.
>>
drone
>>
if you don't like drums you aren't human

leave reptilian
>>
>>73125837
>>73125856
I only hate it because all I get is extremely repetitive riffs with heavy focus on drums when I'm looking for instrumental guitar music.
>>
Hmmmm that was a nice kick, I wonder what's around the corner? Oh, it's a snare? What fucking surprise. Yawn.
>>
>>73125896
Drummers who don't utilize their toms and cymbals are doing it wrong.
>>
>>73125795
I love good drums, but most music in the world has shit drums. Often I wish certain songs and albums had no drums whatsoever.
>>
>>73125896
a barre chord... i wonder what he's going to play next... another barre chord? what a surprise yawn

a soft synth... i wonder what they're going to play next... a lead synth? what a surprise yawn

they're singing quietly... i wonder what they're going to sing next... they're singing loudly?what a surprise yawn
>>
I guess you're listening to classical then. Or folk.
>>
>>73126591
wonder why they call him Beathoven?
>>
>>73125896
lol someone doesn't understand what makes percussion interesting
>>
>>73125837
electronic music tends to be much denser rhythmically than most other genres of music. Also, both hip hop and electronic music can use a much more diverse library of sounds to create percussion than a physical drum set.
>>
File: 77 boa drum.jpg (5KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
77 boa drum.jpg
5KB, 218x231px
>>
the music that happens when you take a gun and kill yourself

drums are the foundation pleb
>>
Drummer here

Drums are dope. Drum dolos are nope
>>
>>73127347
solo*
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rilnnPrwsTo
>>
>>73126695
>i need tension and release to enjoy music
kys
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIE2OMumaI
>>
File: Hounds-of-Love.jpg (43KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
Hounds-of-Love.jpg
43KB, 600x590px
>>73125913
>cymbals
A E S T H E T I C S
>>
i like drums when they are low in the mix, that applies to both guitar and electronic music
>>
I like drums when the drummer is taking the rhythm and doing something with it and not just blandly keeping the tempo or trying to have a solo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKFjnvPHTA
>>
>>73128505
This. Bass established tempo in a way that locks in with the rhythm that the drums guide. Both should have variation but ultimately the bass needs to be the most constant time piece in the band.
>>
>>73125889
>I only hate it because all I get is extremely repetitive riffs with heavy focus on drums when I'm looking for instrumental guitar music.
Listen to instrumental guitar music then? What's the point of this thread?
>>
>>73128636
don't exist
>>
>>73125837
wtf dude, i'm a drummer and love both techno and hip hop. other drummers i know do too. let me guess, you think "complex" music is better
>>
>>73128316
Listening to nothing but drone gets repetitive after a little while anon.
>>
>>73125795
>calls himself a fan of music
>hates drums

There's something wrong with you. Or, more likely, you just hate commonly used drum patterns.
>>
>>73125795
Do you have a pulse?
>>
>>73128674
are you sure
>>
>>73129234
No but it's all noodling.
>>
I was actually wondering this. I don't hate drums but I have wondered why I can't make a good rhythm I'm fine with.
>inb4 you're not good
And I think the answer is because drums are just a quick sound. Too quick to do anything out of the ordinary with it. You can tap a guitar string and it goes for a while and you can mess with it to do some good rhythms.
>>
>>73128316

2edgy4me
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.