/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: 81wn5pg842L._SL1406_.jpg (443KB, 1406x1406px) Image search: [Google]
81wn5pg842L._SL1406_.jpg
443KB, 1406x1406px
Have you even listened to Pablo Honey? I'm curious. People treat it like it's the worst thing ever but it's really just 'fine' with some weak songs here and there
You, Blow Out, and Stop Whispering (the album version) are great tracks
>>
>>73124999
it's obviously their worst but i find it very enjoyable tho, it could be the best album of some other band
>>
i own it on vinyl
it's okay
4.5/10
I Can't is my favourite track, but the tracks you listed are good too
unfortunately it also has the 2 Radiohead songs that I fucking hate on it
>>
>>73124999
it's a perfectly competent record but so totally of its time it's hard to listen to in 2017
>>
Yeah I've listened to it. Honestly it does have some cringey moments, like Anyone Can Play Guitar. And the production as a whole is terrible early 90's garbage.

But yes Blow Out is a great song, it and Creep are both among Radiohead's best. And it has some other fine tracks, like Lurgee which kinda have some REM vibes.
>>
>>73124999
Blow Out is a GOAT Radiohead song, it doesn't fit in Pablo Honey though, that track made me feel like at one moment during the recording sessions Pablo Honey was gonna be Shoegaze rather than shitty pop grunge
>>
>>73125063
I'd be super pissed if Radiohead scrapped their shoegaze debut in favor of this yeah lol

I think they have another shoegaze like song as a b-side too, maybe Banana Co?
>>
>>73125092
Coke Babies is the song you're thinking of
>>
>>73125092
are you thinking of Permanent Daylight?
>>
>>73125127
Yes, Permanent Daylight is it
>>73125105
I don't remember this song, I'll have to listen again
>>
>>73124999
*replaces how do you with million dollar question*
fixed
>>
it's pretty good for being stuck in that horrible 90s market of homogenized shit, but there are so many better albums and songs by radiohead
>>
>>73125267
Honestly Pablo Honey could've been much better if they just cut out some of the obviously shitty filler and replaced them with the superior b-sides (like many other albums)
I think the album would get less hate if this were the final tracklisting

01. You
02. Creep
03. Inside My Head
04. Stop Whispering
05. Yes I Am
06. Anyone Can Play Guitar
07. Vegetable
08. I Can't
09. Million Dollar Question
10. Lurgee
11. Blow Out

But that's just what I think.
>>
>>73124999
like you said it has some weak songs and songs that just ruin the bands image in the eyes of the general population. besides that I consider it a better version of the bends
>>
>>73125399
real question hours:
what is the album with the best b-sides?
my vote would probably be IR Disk 2, because it just feels like such a natural continuation of IR however, I like singles from other b-sides more than Disk 2
>>
>>73125481
Probably Amnesiac

The King of Limbs is the album most improved by the addition of its b-sides though. Hell, if that album had released with just Staircase alone added onto it, it would've been like an 8.5/10 instead of a 7.
>>
>>73125399
I actually made a playlist of pablo honey with b-sides in place of songs i don't like and that's what i listen to instead of the actual album
>>
>>73125481

Can't even listen to IR after Scotch Mist- which is just a better recording of those songs.
>>
>>73125481
The Bends or Amnesiac. Both have tons of tracks that could've easily replaced songs on the final album.
Amnesiac's case really makes me confused and a bit salty because the album itself is just glorified b-sides to Kid A, yet the b-sides for the b-sides record are better than the majority of the actual tracks anyway. How does that even happen?
>>
>>73125519
>>73125533
Good picks lads. Cuttooth and Fog are damn good.
>>
>>73125399
now here's an album i'd listen to

>>73125481
my rankings for album b-sides/non-album singles
1. amnesiac
2. hail to the thief
3. in rainbows
4. the bends
5. ok computer
6. pablo honey
7. a moon shaped pool
>>
>>73125553
Worrywort too.

I also never really see people mention Kinetic, which is a great track.
>>
>>73125092
I think they were supposed to be a shoegaze band. Check out early live videos of Creep, and listen to the guitar.
>>
>>73125553
I'd love to include Cuttooth on my personal Amnesiac tracklist but without it getting shafted as a b-side we wouldn't have Myxomatosis. So it's kind of an awkward situation. So I just leave it out.
>>
>>73125559
Interesting.

I think the only HTTT b-side I like is Gagging Order, but I also can't really remember any others besides it and Paperbag Writer.
>>
>>73125599
they should have turned the b-sides into a third album
that way we could have kids a b and c
>>
>>73125592
Shit man, I'm gonna dig hard to find this now

If they started out as a shoegaze band and were pushed to be the grunge-britpop thing they turned into, mmboy
>>
>>73125613
i remember there was a sharethread recently where someone released the b-sides from their first couple albums as like coherent albums
the album art they had for it was shitty, but it was an interesting idea
>>
>>73125624
You've probably already seen this video, because memes, but check out that tremelo picking around 1:20.
https://youtu.be/NEWHknNuYGc
>>
>>73125624
sorry, but that's not true at all, if you listen to their demos you can hear that they were pretty much trying to be The Smiths, there are some good tracks in those demos though
they also have a ska song called "Tell Me Bitch" where Colin does the lead vocals
>>
This is the first album I forced myself to listen to. It's not terrible but not on par with their later work. Good meme tho i m o
>>
>>73125624
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ppiJqoRDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyOCeKkV-4
this is where they were going originally
>>
>>73125639
that's the wrong live at the beach house for memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0si0fB0lnow
>>
>>73125652
I've yet to ever actually listen to Tell Me Bitch, so I had no idea that's what it actually was lmao
>>
Creep is the best song. Blow Out can suck my dick.
>>
>>73125709
come on really? how could not say
>Blow Out can blow me
it was right there man!
>>
>>73125725
I was gonna say it but it felt like a lame joke. Even for /mu/. Or maybe not.
>>
>>73125672
don't forget their song that was basically just the smiths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGN5qUZPC-o
>>
Tell me this wouldn't be a superior Amnesiac to the one we got.

01. Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box
02. Pyramid Song
03. Trans-Atlantic Drawl
04. You and Whose Army?
05. The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
06. I Might Be Wrong
07. Knives Out
08. Kinetic
09. Dollars and Cents
10. Like Spinning Plates
11. Life in a Glass House

Would be fucking amazing. What wasted potential that album was. Why would they think putting an alternate version of a Kid A track on there was a good idea? That just screams "this is a b-sides record"
>>
>>73125819
not to mention how much worse Morning Bell (Amnesiac) is compared to Kid A's Morning Bell
>>
>>73125819
i would do

side one
1. pakt
2. pyramid song
3. amazing sounds of orgy
side two
1. trans atlantic drawl
2. you and whose army
3. hunting bears (but edited so it flows better into imbw)
4. i might be wrong
side three
1. kinetic
2. dollars and cents
3. fast track
side four
1. chernobyl 2
2. spinning plates
3. life in a glass house
4. worrywort
>>
>>73125934
>>73125819
top this, kids

1. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
2. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
3. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
4. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors (Extended Mix)
5. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
6. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors (Acoustic)
7. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
8. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
9. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors (Live at Auschwitz)
10. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
>>
>>73125983
what the fuck, where's the Live at the MTV Beach House cut
0/10 plebian
>>
>>73125819
I'll give you one better

A1. Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box
A2. The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
A3. Pyramid Song
A4. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
A5. You and Whose Army?

B1. I Might Be Wrong
B2. Knives Out
B3. Trans-Atlantic Drawl
B4. Fast Track
B5. Fog

C1. Kinetic
C2. Worrywort
C3. Morning Bell/Amnesiac
C4. Dollars and Cents
C5. Hunting Bears

D1. Like Spinning Plates
D2. Life in a Glasshouse
D3. Cuttooth
>>
>>73125819
>>73125963

Packt
Pyramid
Fog
I Might Be Wrong
Knives Out
Cuttooth
You and Whose
Like Spinning Plates
Dollars and Cents
Life in a Glasshouse
>>
I actually think Amnesiac is great as it is, and honestly there are days where at least as an experience listening to an album from start to finish, it's their best.

I wouldn't really change much anything about it. Maybe put Orgy in place of Morning Bell/Amnesiac, but I mean I also really like that version of the song too and don't understand the hate for it.

Also, Hunting Bears is the best cover I've ever heard.
>>
>>73126027
cover? of what?
>>
It's good old Radiohead quality, just not experimental.
>>
>>73126039
Zawinul/Lava by Brian Eno
>>
>>73125553
>>73125582
whichever one has that Miles Davis sample, that's my favourite
>>
>>73126052
i literally never knew that that's cool as shit
>>
>>73126052
the guitar tone on Hunting Bears is so delectable and tactile it's just the best
>>
>>73126058
Kinetic, yeah it's great

Also I always forget Radiohead has actually done direct sampling in their music

But uh yeah, Idioteque
>>
>>73126086
Yeah, I can't believe so many people bash that song just because it's instrumental. It's one of my favorite parts of the record.

They also did it as an outro to The National Anthem when I saw them live which was cool as fuck
>>
>>73126027
>>73126052
I don't think you know what a cover is
>>
>>73126129
guy please tell me that's not the same song
>>
>>73126157
It's not.
>>
>>73126157
They're very similar but it's not a direct cover
>>
>>73126120
yeah the little intro/outro things they do are great, After the Gold Rush into EIIRP in particular
>>
>>73126176
I had a running list of songs they would do as intros to EIIRP, I think the one I found the most amusing was Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
>>
Pablo Honey is "literally" the second best Radiohead album. The Bends is the best.
>>
>>73126537

You must hate experimental music. You might also be conservative. Just a hunch.
>>
File: hayleyisbestgirl.gif (314KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hayleyisbestgirl.gif
314KB, 500x281px
Let me drop some redpills:

>A Moon Shaped Pool is Radiohead's worst studio album (yet)
>Pablo Honey is a great debut filled with solid and at points amazing songwriting; many simply fell for "le boring, derivative, [insert buzzword/synonym] grunge-influenced 90s alternative rock!!!1! :ooooo" meme and choose to hate on it
>"Hunting Bears" is the worst song Radiohead has ever released (Plebs will deny this)
>"Codex" is the worst song on The King of Limbs
>Regardless, The King of Limbs is an incredible and underrated album that's more consistent than Amnesiac
>Hail to the Thief is actually pretty consistent; don't fall for "m-muh bloated tracklist" memery that even Radiohead themselves fell for
>the live Coachella version of "Identikit" was one of the greatest things Radiohead has done in the past decade
>Ed's upcoming solo debut will be better than any solo material by Jonny, Phil, or Thom and will rival OK Computer and Kid A
>>
>>73126737
we can at least agree on Amnesiac not being consistent
>>
>>73126737
Let me drop some REAL NIGGA RED PILLS

>TKOL is their best album
>Bodysong and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes are better than half of Radiohead's discography
>Hunting Bears is the best song on Amnesiac
>Street Spirit is a shitty closer
>>
>>73124999
Its a good album, everything else they've done is just better. That's why it is literally by definition their worst album.
>>
>>73126560
Conservative, yes. I do like experimental music, but I'm not a fan at all of electronica.
>>
>>73124999
I have. It's kinda bland but not terrible. Hating it is just a meme that most people regurgitate. It's the "shut up Navi" of Radiohead's discography.
>>
Yeah, it's better than anything they released post-OK Computer, so it has that going for it.
>>
>>73128096
i agree with this
>>
>>73125481
Amnesiac easily. Pyramid Song EP is my favorite release of theirs.
In Rainbows disc 2 is overrated imo
>>
File: UNLIMITED-HOOK.jpg (539KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED-HOOK.jpg
539KB, 5000x5000px
>>73127238
>street spirit is a shitty closer
B A I T!!!!
A
I
T!!!!
BAAAAIIITTT
BAAAAAIIIIIITTTTTT
>>
It's solid. I'd put it above TKOL and Amnesiac since it doesn't feel incomplete. In general I'd say every track is a 6/10 with a couple 4s and 7s here and there.
>>
Ripcord could've worked on The Bends better than Sulk did.
>>
>>73124999
i can't believe i just got bated into listening to this garbage
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.