[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn Piano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1495598980079.jpg (45KB, 1000x830px) Image search: [Google]
1495598980079.jpg
45KB, 1000x830px
I want to begin learning Piano. I'm 18, is it too late? Also, How long did it take you to get to an intermediate level?
>>
>>73120692
How about you get the fuck off /mu/ and just start learning it. If you've got things you want to create with the piano, then you don't fucking worry about it being "too late" you fucking idiot.
>>
In order to learn piano you must be 6.824 years old at the LATEST and anything later than that you must be a savant. Gl otherwise because you're fucked
>>
>>73120692
not too late. I learned early, so i was intermediate by about 10, but if you practice hard it should only take you 2-3 years to get competent from 18, depending on talent level
>>
File: wanted.jpg (330KB, 2035x1526px) Image search: [Google]
wanted.jpg
330KB, 2035x1526px
>>73120692
>mfw my mother took me to piano lessons at the age of 5, didn't quit until i was in my late teens

feels gr8 desu lads
>>
>>73120692
Can you play drums?
>>
>>73120805
I used to play the drums when I was younger, but I sold my kit bcs I moved to a smaller apartment and we didn't have space for it.
>>
>>73120839
You're still here? You're fucking useless and you'll never learn piano.
>>
>>73120692
>no qt girl will ever lovingly rub my benis on her face

also yeah thats way too late lmao
>>
>>73120692
>18
It's not too late, but you're going to have to get off your ass and start RIGHT FUCKING NOW if you want to git gud.
The brain becomes too rigid to learn any new instruments or languages sufficiently by around 25. So start RIGHT NOW.
>>
I wish I was one of those multi-instrumentalist assholes who were classically trained from birth.

God, I want that life.
>>
>>73120850
>You're fucking useless and you'll never learn piano.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should never browse 4chan if you want to accomplish anything at all. It's a negative shithole and it turns you into an antisocial, pessimistic, lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>73120839
Go for it, assuming you were decent at drums you should be able to pick up piano pretty quick
>>
>>73121163
>The brain becomes too rigid to learn any new instruments or languages sufficiently by around 25.
Not at all. You can learn and master any instrument/language at any age. It'll just take longer than a younger person.
>>73121181
You can do it now. You just have to take the initiative and motivate yourself.
>>
>>73120799
I wish I had parents that cared about me enough to do this :(
>>
>>73121163
>The brain becomes too rigid to learn any new instruments or languages sufficiently by around 25.
Why do people spread this kind of pseudo-scientific garbage?

While a 20 years old brain is very different from a 5 years old, most adults don't learn new skills because they have jobs, no discipline and no parents to make them practice.
>>
>>73121516
Thanks anon!
>>
>>73121549
>You can learn and master any instrument/language at any age. It'll just take longer than a younger person.
This is what I meant. It'll take longer and be way more frustrating. Under 20 is the optimal age to learn a new language or instrument. It can still be done, sure, but it won't be quick.
>>
>>73121840
From my experience, it seems about right. I only started learning piano at 25. I'm 29 now and have pretty much only mastered the Itsy Bitsy Spider and various other simple songs like it. Haven't made much progress.
One of my best friends was pretty much forced to play piano from a very young age until he was 19, and when he does play he plays beautifully, despite the fact that he doesn't even practice anymore.
>>
>>73122080
It won't be quick either way. But it's more difficult as an adult mainly because the lack of free time and the fact that you have to self motivate
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.