[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iceage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: _.png (776KB, 1080x700px) Image search: [Google]
_.png
776KB, 1080x700px
thoughts? which album is their best? when will they release another album
>>
>>73117621
>thoughts?
utter garbage
> which album is their best?
the shortest one
>when will they release another album
hopefully never
>>
>>73117720
yeah New Brigade is a good choice
>>
Second album is the best.
>>
File: Explodingheadalbumcover.jpg (96KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
Explodingheadalbumcover.jpg
96KB, 452x452px
Does anyone think that this album sounds incredibly similar to some iceage songs?
>>
>>73117720
What makes them garbage? Where are you coming from with your argument?
>>
You're Nothing is my favorite. Think they're currently working on a new album but still early stages so I'm expecting early next year release
>>
muh post punk
>>
That posh Isolation cassette when you can't hear a thing except for feedback. They were good on on brigade but gone soft on you're nothing and softer on the next one (whose title I never remember)
>>
Is Johan on drugs or something?
Dude's looking like he lost some serious weight.
>>
>>73117621
New Brigade is pretty good, You're Nothing is a modern punk masterpiece, Plowing Into the Field of Love is a disappointment. It isn't a bad album but I hate that they've abandoned their noisy roots and are now trying to be a second rate Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Does anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>73119226
I agree up to Plowing being a disappointment, I quite like how they channel the Nick Cave vibe. I think the extra instrumentation on Plowing sounds fantastic and most of the tunes are top notch IMO.
>>
I was pretty big on these dudes during the You're Nothing/Plowing... days but I'm not gonna lie, I couldn't care less about them these days.
It's the sort of music that felt important at the time and felt like it captured a moment back then but has no real impact to it anymore. Nowadays it just sounds like what it probably always was in the first place: a modern knockoff of The Birthday Party and Rudimentary Peni.

And according to some people I know who helped organize some of their first shows in the US and have maintained contacts with them ever since, the vocalist has pretty much completely disappeared up his own ass and is very big into the self-destructive drug abuse "rockstar" lifestyle nowadays so fuck knows when a new record is coming, if it is coming out at all. Oh well.
>>
>>73119472
I'll say this much though: their guitarist is very, very good and I hope he moves onto better things as soon as possible.
>>
>>73119472
>Nowadays it just sounds like what it probably always was in the first place: a modern knockoff of The Birthday Party and Rudimentary Peni.
New Brigade and You're Nothing are a lot more hardcore than either of those bands. Although you're right that Plowing Into the Field of Love is just a modern knockoff of Nick Cave.
>>
TO BEE SOMEONE KLIKE YUH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hw4kyF1wgc
>>
>>73119574
The best song they've ever made. They took their old sound in a new direction without losing any of the intensity.
>tfw I thought their follow-up to You're Nothing would be like this but instead they completely abandoned their noisy hardcore roots
>>
I'm really hooked up on them right now, and it's been like that since last year. Looking forward to a next album and interested about which direction their music will take since Plowing Into the Field of Love was a brilliant shift from You're Nothing.

I can't decide which is one is the best between PiTFOL or You're Nothing though
>>
Each of their albums has been better than the last.

Youre Nothing is cover art kino tho.
>>
>>73119574
>>73119668
Isn't Morals built/composed upon this song?
>>
>>73120005
Forgot the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkpWpsx5zJM
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.