[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Muse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0278.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
Thoughts on Muse?
>>
>>73116887
more like POOse
>>
I love Creep
>>
Not a huge fan, but I enjoyed Showbiz quite a bit, which is funny because it seems the general consensus for that one is that it's shit. I can see why people dislike it, but I like it in a bit of a guilty pleasure sort of way. The one you posted is pretty good too, but I haven't listened to it nearly enough.
>>
>>73116887
/mu/se?
>>
OoS is amazing, absolution is ok, nothing else is worth listening to by them
>>
>>73116970
μse
>>
>>73116887
Not really a fan
>>
>>73116887
20% great, 60% Hacks, 20% Radiohead
>>
They have about 5 songs worth listening to, and have horrible delusions of grandeur
>>
>>73116887
listened to absolution and supermassive black hole, not great
>>
File: 1492441473912.jpg (87KB, 1000x924px) Image search: [Google]
1492441473912.jpg
87KB, 1000x924px
>>73116970
holy shit.
>>
shitsux
>>
Personally really like their stuff, however I can understand why people don't. Absolution is best album, fite me
>>
File: 1459594649087.jpg (123KB, 942x943px) Image search: [Google]
1459594649087.jpg
123KB, 942x943px
Nope.Nope nope nope nope. Do you like U2 as well? or REM
>>
They have about 2-4 great songs on most of their albums, the rest is Matthew Bellamy stroking off to the sound of his own voice.
>>
Radiohead but normier
>>
>>73117820
I like U2. Big deal.
>>
First 3 or 4 albums are great but everything after that has been self-indulgent shit.
>>
OoS and Absolution are good albums, some songs are very good actually. Since 2006 they've only released shit though, except for a couple of songs.
>>
>What went wrong the band
>>
>>73117820
Honestly though '80s REM is pretty good
>>
>>73116887
My least favorite band desu
>>
So much potential being stomped by complacency.

I feel like now they try to compensate the poppy-singles with 20-minute prog pieces to appease both parts of their fanbase, but in the end they just make both songs mediocre and cookie-cutter.

Dick Town was so fucking boring I could imagine it being on any of their post-Absolution albums and it'll still probably be in the shit-list on it.
>>
>>73116910
pUbEs
>>
they went from a nu-metalized version of radiohead (nu-metalized in terms of attitude and approach to songwriting, not the actual sound) that actually sounded OK to... whatever the fuck they think they're doing now
>>
>>73116887
Up until TR, Muse was the top shit. OOS is one of the best albums released in the last 20 years. But since The Resistance, Matt has stuck his head up his ass and started "experimenting" and being more "mainstream", basically ruining the band

It's a shame, because I really like them
>>
>>73118712
>OOS is one of the best albums released in the last 20 years.

it was good but let's not get excited
>>
File: oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg (19KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg
19KB, 300x400px
>>73117820
I prefer Coldplay, actually
>>
>>73117820
REM is consistently great until the mid/late 90's. Sucks that two of their most famous songs (Everybody Hurts, Shiny Happy People) are also two of their absolute worst ever. Even if you don't personally listen to them, i legit can't understand what's hatable about them.

U2 is fine, 2-3 good albums in the 80's.

Muse sucks hard though, they're bad radiohead. If they just tried to make melodramatic but relatively unpretentious poppy alt rock like The Killers then they'd be a lot more tolerable, but the delusions of grandeur and making grotesquely indulgent space operas and the /r/conspiracy-tier "DRONES" make them irredeemable imo
>>
>>73116887
I liked them in middle school, but then I grew up.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.