[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for the masterpieces of rock composition like Church

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Church Gone Wild.jpg (67KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Church Gone Wild.jpg
67KB, 700x700px
Looking for the masterpieces of rock composition like Church Gone Wild. What are they?
>>
Check out Don Caballero. Also, if you're accepting even heavier music I would say the Behold... the Arctopus song Canada is great.
>>
File: 1496292498576.jpg (391KB, 1226x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1496292498576.jpg
391KB, 1226x1800px
>>73114452
Most 70's prog and a lot of 60's prog
and also Vektor - Terminal Redux
>>73114560
>Behold... The Arctopus
I must post it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniXxeTJlyM
but yeah for ultra autistic technical/prog metal they're where it's at
>>
File: patriciancore_2017.jpg (639KB, 1225x1177px) Image search: [Google]
patriciancore_2017.jpg
639KB, 1225x1177px
>>73114452
>Looking for the masterpieces of rock composition
Look no further.
>>
File: boy.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>73114640
>Has the right King Crimson, The Books, and Macha
>Remembers how perfect Murmuure is
>Has the wrong Henry Cow

RIO comes close to what Church Gone Wild does, but still winds up feeling lacking.

>>73114560
Don Cab's okay, but doesn't really feel like the same level of detail went in it. And I'd rather listen to Yowie or Luttenbachers than Behold...

>>73114632
I wished I liked more prog

Here's another work I'd put up there with it
>>
>>73114640
I agree with all of it except murmuure, which is a meme that is ruining black metal, and isn't even a good piece of black metal.
Atmoshit is incredibly low effort and every single project that makes it just apes Burzum or the ten thousand other atmoshit bands' style (Paysage D'hiver, depressive silence, the list could honestly go on).
It's just recorded digitally, that's murmuure's entire gimmick is that the recording is shit, but it's not shit in the way you expected it to be.
And I swear I heard some fucking major in there on "Amethyst."
Even fucking SUN BAT HER is better than murmuure since it has some semblance of originality.
>>
>>73114640
Between the Buttons is garbage compared to Aftermath and the mick taylor era albums
>>
File: secular works.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
secular works.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
>>73114776
Murmuure is so good man.
>And I swear I heard some fucking major in there on "Amethyst."
what are you saying here?
>>
>>73114839
I'm pretty sure some of the synths on "Amethyst" (the song from murmuure - s/t) were being played in a major key.
You don't just fucking DO that in black metal.
The synths on that album in general aren't very impressive.
It's literally a generic atmoblack release that got hyped for no discernible reason, it doesn't even have a single memorable riff (which is partially due to the nature of the recording and the fact that it is atmoblack, but even Les Legions Noir releases or several debut cassette demos I've heard have had more memorable riffs with considerably worse production)
>>
>>73114888
Murmuure seems more industrial than black metal to me.
>generic atmoblack
more like it then please? Quelfi is the closest but it felt so much weaker. I don't care about riffs really.
>>
>>73114939
Filosofem or any of Burzum's albums really, except his last 3.
I admitted it has one unique trait, which is its use of shitty digital recording as opposed to shitty analog recording on tape used by most black metal bands.
But in terms of composition I have heard several european black metal bands using similar styles of synth as the lead instrument with blown out guitar in the back.
It does have some unique elements to its composition too, namely how stitched together it is with the clips of guitar, samples, programmed drums, and bad on purpose vocal mixing that every hipster black metal band employs (mind you, that's not necessarily a dig, it's just an observation)
I guess I'm basically saying I don't get the hype, and it barely even qualifies as black metal so hearing people herald it as one of the best black metal albums in recent years seems disingenuous.
To be perfectly honest I don't listen to that much atmoblack because almost all of it sound the same, just with marginally different production, but this just sounds like more Burzum worship to me, except it's digital.
Also I don't see how you would think it was industrial.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.