[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

popular =/= overrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: thinking musician.jpg (98KB, 768x632px) Image search: [Google]
thinking musician.jpg
98KB, 768x632px
unpopular =/= underrated

>just clearing this up for les contrarians
>>
>>73102284
are you that guy from NIN thread?
treat reznor is still the most overrated industrial musician
>>
>>73102303

He is by definition both the most overrated and underrated if he's the only one that anyone knows about.

Also, autism. So much autism.
>>
>>73102323
>He is by definition both the most overrated and underrated
no, he's just overrated
>>
>>73102333

To you.

Also there is such a thing as very obscure industrial artists also being overrated.
>>
>>73102360
>To you.
no, that's a fact
he's just made industrial music accessible for plebs, but he's praised as one of the greatest musicians ever

>very obscure industrial artists also being overrated.
such as?
>>
>>73102284
wow, you noticed the fact that two different words have different meanings, you must be very smart!
>>
>>73102423
>>73102423
>no, that's a fact
>fact

I don't think you know what a fact is.
>>
>>73102423
Nurse with Wound, Coil, Skinny Puppy, Foetus

I could go on, and I actually still like those artists. But their followers are cult-like and irrational.
>>
>>73102634

You don't realize how many plebs conflate the exact things OP separates.

It's basically Pitchfork logic - the more obscure and/or lo-fi, the better rating it gets.
>>
99% of popular music is garbage.
/mu/ is full of normies.
Fuck you op you're a tasteless pleb.
I'm better than you.
>>73102677
haha wow.
Kill yourself cunt.
>>
>>73102704
>Kill yourself cunt.

Great argument, senpai.
>>
>>73102661
same to you

>>73102677
>Nurse with Wound, Coil, Skinny Puppy, Foetus
>their followers are cult-like and irrational
like it's not the same with trent reznor
his fanbase is even bigger and more irrational
again, he literally did nothing else except making industrial music more pop-like to the point where it got him into mainstream
>>
>>73102704

>99% of popular music is garbage
>99%

No, you've just decided that ahead of even trying to listen to any of it because it makes you feel like a special snowflake.

Bowie, Talking Heads, NIN, Stooges, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Doors, Zeppelin... I mean the list goes on and on...

About half of popular music is decent, about the same as how half of obscure music is decent.
>>
>>73102757

He was smart enough to make it accessible and easier to listen to. You're acting like that's a bad thing. It's not.
>>
>>73102792
>You're acting like that's a bad thing
not a good thing either
quality wise his music is about as good as the music of these artists you named, but he's praised way more than any of them just because his music is easier, that's why he's the most overrated industrial musician
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.