[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>THE SUNS NOT YELLOW ITS CHICKEN What the fuck does that mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: dylan.jpg (68KB, 558x548px) Image search: [Google]
dylan.jpg
68KB, 558x548px
>THE SUNS NOT YELLOW ITS CHICKEN

What the fuck does that mean?
>>
somethin bout yellow-bellies
>>
>Don't follow leaders
ok
>watch your parking meters
...what?
>>
sun's a little bitchbro
>>
>>73099993
shits be taxin
>>
>>73099993
just means be cognizant and aware, don't let your parking meter run out

>>73099927
this is just full-blown surrealist jibberjabber tho
>>
>EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED
what the FUCK could he possibly mean?
>>
>>73100042
He's an Islamic fundamentalist!
>>
>>73100042
acronym
s-ufficient
t-estosterone
o-r
n-ot,
e-rectile
d-ysfunction
>>
yellow and chicken are both words for coward
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 254x245px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 254x245px
>>73099927
It's this thing called surrealism anon.
>>
>>73099927
OP, when you call someone yellow you're calling them a coward
when you call someone chicken you are also calling them a coward
>>
when you call someone yellow it means you're calling them a coward, same with calling someone a chicken. its rewriting the first physical fact with a secondary quality based on a common association between the two.
>>
>>73099927
>crying like a fire in the sun

tru poet
>>
>>73100037
>this is just full-blown surrealist jibberjabber tho

English must be your second language, "yellow" is short for "yellow-belly," which is a way of calling someone a coward, just like the word "chicken"
>>
File: snacksphere.jpg (110KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
snacksphere.jpg
110KB, 1300x866px
>>73099927
my new bitch yellow

she blow my dick like a cello
>>
It's basically just a fun play on words.

I swear people always have some warped idea of how to approach Dylan lyrics. Not everything is a part of some crazy convoluted extended metaphor or whatever the fuck, but at the same time it's never just random gibberish. He obviously puts a ton of thought into his lyrics but that doesn't mean every line is as crucial as the next.
>>
>>73101640
the sun let's off very intense bursts of energy, similar to the act of crying. it emphasizes the passion in the emotion of the crying person.
>>
MAMAS IN THE MEDICINE MIXIN UP SOME MEDICINE I'M IN THE BASEMENT SMOKIN ON SOME GOVERNMENT MAN IN THE COON SKIN CAP GOT LAID OFF 11 DOLLAR BILLS YOU ONLY GOT 10
>>
>>73101640
Yonder stands your orphan with his gun,
Crying like a fire in the sun

how does this not make sense to you
>>
>She’s a brown-skin woman
>But I love her just the same
What the fuck
>>
>>73102729
are you making fun of OP?
>>
Whenever I see a Dylan thread I get scared that he died
>>
>>73103035
Huh? No that's a real lyric anon
https://bobdylan.com/songs/outlaw-blues/
>>
>>73103071
I mean everyone in this thread are posting easy to understand lyrics and at this point I think they're doing it ironically. People are very dumb though, so you never know.
>>
>>73103117
This is /mu/ dude. 90% of the posts are ironic shitposts. At this point I automatically expect a post to be ironic rather than sincere.
>>
>>73099927
I always thought it was a pun on apollo, the sun god
apollo -> a pollo - > spanish for chicken
>>
>>73103673
that's probably also something he was thinking of
>>
>and to the black folks he was just a crazy nigger
>no one doubted he would pull the trigger

um...racist and sexist much?
>>
File: mike love.jpg (71KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
mike love.jpg
71KB, 500x468px
>>73099927
What the fuck does that mean?
>>
>inside the museums, infinity goes up on trial
Reminder that retards think this line is about art critics
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.