[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OASIS ARE ONE HIT WONDERS AND NOTHING MORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
This is undeniable. They were pretty much nobodies at the "height" of their fame.
>>
Guessing you don't live in the UK
>>
File: knebworth site.jpg (87KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
knebworth site.jpg
87KB, 700x350px
>They were pretty much nobodies at the "height" of their fame
>>
it's objectively true
>>
>>73099351
I really don't like them but that's just untrue, a huge band in England.
>>
One, they weren't. 'Definitely Maybe' sold over 15 million copies, and '(What's the Story) Morning Glory' sold 22 million.

Besides, popularity isn't indicative of quality

Faggot
>>
>>73099351
I hate them but they were and still are pretty popular
>>
>>73099363
>>73099370
>>73099426
>>73099440
Nobody cares about fucking England. What about America, where guess what, the only remotely popular song they had was Wonderwall.
>>
Fact:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_1990s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_United_States#1996
>>
>>73099351

I'm not a fan but they're huge in the UK, literally front page news despite what that copy and pasted list says. When they split up it was all over the papers
>>
>>73099471
this. I guarantee you nobody in America could name an oasis song other than wonderwall.
>>
I am so glad I'm not a yank

For so many reasons
>>
>>73099471
Right there with Deep Blue Something and Adam Sandler
>>
>>73099495
>
Champagne Supernova is fucking huge
>>
>>73099501
Yeah but you don't get plagued by memerap, trap, poptimism, money regards in flannel pretending grunge was good and EDM, ha!
>>
>>73099527
never heard of it
never charted on the billboard hot 100

obviously not
>>
>>73099531
*mopey
>>
>>73099370
They had 2,000,000 people apply for tickets to that show. /mu/ likes to write off literally the last biggest rock band on Earth
>>
>>73099542
You are literally one person lmao
Go to the bar and put it on in even the most backwoods ass places in america and people will sing along
>>
>>73099471
So were The Prodigy in 1997.
I'm American and they're my favorite band; couldn't give less of a fuck about the charts.

Besides them, so were Beck, Public Enemy, Fatboy Slim, The Verve, and Fiona Apple.
>>
>>73099556
Americans think lil yachty is the pinnacle of modern music, who cares what they think?
>>
>>73099568
yeah bullshit
>>
>>73099351
You mean no hit wonders
They were pushed so hard by the record companies and still failed
because
well
shit music
>>
>>73099582
By that logic, Muse, The White Stripes, Blink 182, Snow Patrol, Gorillaz, System of a Down, Fatboy Slim, Beck, Iggy Pop, the Grateful Dead, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Talk Talk, Roxy Music, Lou Reed, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Nina Simone, and Kraftwerk are all one hit wonders too because they only ever had one single reach the Top 40 of the Hot 100.
>>
>>73099613
weren't they on creation records though? the same indie label that did ride and mbv and slowdive and stuff?
>>
>>73099615
Being a one hit wonder =/= quality increase or decrease.

You can be a good music act AND a One Hit Wonder y'know.
>>
>>73099703
You can also be a "one hit wonder" technically and have other hit songs that people know and a fruitful career.
>>
>>73099633
Yes, they were not "pushed" anymore than any other band on that label. FFS
>>
>>73099501
This thread killed the little hope I had in the USA.

>b-but t-they didn't have a bazillion hits in my country, so they're not famous
>>
>>73099901
well they didn't have more than one
>>
>>73099615
There was actually a thread today pulling this list and calling them all one hit wonders.

We're beyond all hope.
>>
>>73099462
>>73099938

>Nobody cares about their country, the only important country is muh country
>>
i love that this triggered brits so much that it's extended into two different threads
>>
>>73099370
Where is a muslim when you need one...
>>
>>73099495
Weebs know falling down.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.