[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We hardly knew ye...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

What band fell off the hardest after a fantastic and promising first album?

Pic related definitely a contender.
>>
>>73098800
agreed, loved the first album but haven't even really heard their other music, prayer was okay though
>>
Fuck yeah I love Silent Alarm. They only do one sound but they do it super well, which is kinda why I like it. It's like Entertainment! if every single song was as fast and upbeat as Damaged Goods or Natural's Not In It.

That and Turn On The Bright Lights are the two best albums to come out of the early 2000's garage rock/post punk revival scene. Shame only one of those albums got canonized.
>>
Bloc party's first 3 albums were great
>>
File: a2170793215_10.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2170793215_10.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
they fell upward but wew lad do I hate Some Nights as a person who worked in store when it came out
>>
File: Foalsantidotescover.jpg (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Foalsantidotescover.jpg
61KB, 300x300px
Antidotes: 9/10
Total life forever: 5/10
Holy fire: 6/10
What went down: hmm/10
>>
I didn't necessarily intend for this to be a Bloc Party thread.
I'd like to hear your opinions on other bands that fell of hard after their first album....
Pic related also for me.
>>
>>73099022
I get that you'd like "A Weeked...", but "Intimacy"?
Really?
>>
>>73098800
I can think of a few that did after a couple of albums (Oasis, Weezer, Gang of Four), but none that fell off as quickly as Bloc Party, nor as drastically for that matter
>>
>>73098800
A Weekend In The City is also really great.
>>73098996
Antics, while not as good as TOTBL, is still really good. 'Take You On A Cruise ' is one of my favorites.
>>
I feel like Bloc Party was the last great band to come out of that whole strokes era

makes sense they would fall off the hardest. the songs on weekend don't really compare to silent alarm no, just listen to both and be honest.

on to the next thing
>>
File: faggotasshole.jpg (56KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
faggotasshole.jpg
56KB, 600x425px
>>73098800
this man single-handedly fucked it all up for everyone. He kept having fits in the studio about songwriting, and how they should be structured off synths and not Drums & Bass. After so many studio fits, matt and gordon left. Then Kele successfully transformed the band into his shitty solo project.

Silent Alarm is probably my favorite album ever, but I'm not denying that it was a complete fluke. The only thing that held it together was Paul Epworth's creative genius in forefronting the drums and bass on it.
>>
What is some other good dance-punk in the vein of Silent Alarm? Or something a little less vanilla. Entertainment is a 10/10 album on its own but I feel like it's not quite as crazy energetic the whole way through
>>
>>73099080
Intimacy is dope, yeah.
>halo
>signs
>ion square
>Ares
>trojan horse
>mercury
>>
>>73099431
Yo how do u know ??
>>
>>73098800
They were always shit lol
>>
>>73099049
Total life is v dope and holy fire as well
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.