[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Djent so hated? I can't figure out why.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 177301.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
177301.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
Why is Djent so hated?

I can't figure out why.
>>
>>73094477
It's just lame overall.
-it has awkward grooves due to its fetishization of complex rhythm structures at the expense of catchiness
-it has an excessively dry and overproduced sound that ends up sounding like a continuous soup of chugs
-it fails to create a strong atmosphere and makes for mediocre moshing music
and the following apply more to other bands than Meshuggah:
-the vocals are either basic grunts or whiny, obnoxious wails that clumsily attempt to sound moving and dramatic but just sound like pop ballad nonsense
-same shit goes for the tacky soft parts, usually boring reverbed solos that are dropped in the middle of the song like a bird shit on your windshield. Really just a lame and shoehorned attempt to make your cawadoody vidya shootan music sound deep and meaningful because reverb=emotion right?
-the lyrics, titles and themes are usually very pretentious, typically a mess of new-agey singularity utopian scifi clichés
-the aesthetic is equally annoying, it's just cheap gradient-heavy desaturated digital minimalism that tries to look grandiose and mysterious and futuristic, but just looks like a graphic design student whipped it up in 15 min tops. It's meaningless, lazy, and not cool. You know, the No Man's Sky aesthetic that says "we're too intellectually advanced to show anything badass on our album covers"
-and generally it markets itself as industrial metal for the thinking man or someshit. Except that it's too clean and gutless to be industrial metal, and that the thinking man is just a pussy who thinks video games should be art.
-generally djent fans act condescending towards the rest of metal; like they think djent is a league apart because it's got jazzy elements or something.

so there you have it. That's pretty much why djent is hated.
>>
>>73094477
It's become a parody of itself (as most metal I would add) and when you've listened to Meshuggah, you don't need to hear anything else djent related.
>>
>>73094740
You sound like an edgy faggot. Complaining about lyrics and vocals when it comes to metal is tomfoolery. If what you said is true Meshuggah would never be as big as they are.
Djent is hated because there are like 4 good bands. And that's stretching it.
>>
>>73094765
>Complaining about lyrics and vocals when it comes to metal is tomfoolery
Not him, but why shouldn't metal have meaningful lyrics?
>>
>>73094765
>you sound like an edgy faggot
oh man I'm so emotionally wounded by that comment, take it back at once.
>Complaining about lyrics and vocals when it comes to metal is tomfoolery.
That doesn't make it okay to clean-sing like you're imitating a mid-2000s emo band. It's a good reason to hate djent.
>If what you said is true Meshuggah would never be as big as they are.
Meshuggah got big thanks to the prog/techdeath crowd. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s their music had novelty value which was enough for big labels to pimp them out. That's all it takes: pandering to "whoa this sounds so hard to play!" fags, and novelty value.

besides, everything I said is true
>>
>>73094740
Do people still make fun of CoD? I thought the CoD montage music was edgey metalcore or Skrillex.
>>
IMHO I think it's because of all the Meshuggah copy cats anon. I personally like Meshuggah but the rest of it is just kind of ok.

>>73094740
Like this guy says, once you've heard Meshuggah you're done. The guys that pioneered it took that sound as far as it could go and everyone else is just a terrible clone. Someone in the herd feel free to prove me wrong on this. I like Animals As Leaders quite a bit but I wouldn't even consider them Djent.
>>
>>73094765
>>73094799
meaningful lyrics aren't particularly interesting.

But what's really lame is meaningless lyrics designed to sound meaningful from afar.

Kinda like Dimmu Borgir's lyrics, except that Dimmu lyrics have a "ominous satanism" gimmick instead of a "scifi singularity" gimmick.
>>
>>73094897
>meaningful lyrics aren't particularly interesting.
What? Let's tell that to Bob Dylan. I'm sure he would reconsider his work.
>>
File: deep_thought.png (18KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
deep_thought.png
18KB, 200x196px
>>73094882
Is making fun of CoD the new CoD?
>>
>>73094882
Djent is kind of the missing link between brostep and edgy metalcore.

Besides, djent is kind of an aging trend, much like cawadoody.
>>
>>73094799
why should a splatter film have a meaningful plot? oh thats right, it doesnt
>>
>Being this sperg'd about inaudible lyrics
>>
>>73094966
stop listening to shit metal then
>>
>>73094740
to put it succinctly: they tried to make an entire genre out of one technique
>>
>>73096763
missed my point
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.