[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /neverdiscussesmusicwithpeopleirl/ Most people I talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1471736352713.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471736352713.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
Who here /neverdiscussesmusicwithpeopleirl/
Most people I talk to about music only listen to top 40 or entry level bands of the genres I like and I find it really hard not to act like a pretensious snob around them. It never occurred to me up until a few weeks ago that most people aren't half as interested in music as I am. Sure, they "love music" but so does everyone else. You have ruined me /mu/
>>
idk bro ive found that when most people say they listen to all music they actually know their shit sometimes.
>>
>>73093295
It does feel very lonely to not have people to talk about music with. What good are hobbies and interests if you have no one to share them with? Sure, you can enjoy them independently for a while, but that stuff will eventually add up and get to you. It would be nice to at least go to a concert with someone...
>>
>>73093295
>everyone else is wrong but I am right
Statistically improbable
>>
>>73093494
what does OP's post have to do with right or wrong? he's simply pointing out that his friends does not have an interest in music like he does, never did he say that he is "right" in any way. I feel the same way, it feels bad not being able to discuss truly great bands or albums with people that literally have never found new music outside of listening to radio or "Spotify top 50" playlists, and I'm still not saying these people are "wrong" by any means.

>inb4 i took the bait
>>
>>73093295
Well it's the same thing with film, most people will say "yeah I like movies" but then they can maybe namedrop Tarantino and Nolan and that's it, it's not like they really care they just watch what is the latest most popular tv show and movies made after their birth year.
It's just an easy way to fill up their "interests" category when needed.

That said there are always people that know far more than you will ever know about the subject you are interested, keep that in mind.
>>
>>73093494
Not what I was trying to say at all. I'm fine with people listening to top 40, it was just a huge eye opener when I finally realised most people don't have a song library of like 15,000+ songs and I am kinda sad that I never discuss the stuff I like with people irl, there is quite a difference between that and discussing it here or on other music forums
>>
How can I talk about music and not seem pretentious? I find it hard to ask how into a genre someone is without sounding like a hipster
>>
you are probably just a loser with loser friends. i bet your taste is shitty as well.
>>
>>73094508
You'll only seem pretentious if you think that asking that would make you sound like a hipster. Don't hold back and dumb it down; just talk like you would normally.
>>
but is anyone here the exact opposite?
most of of my friends are really into music, and the kind of music i like, and sometimes when we are around other people it draws them off because we dont kno what else to talk about
>>
>>73094550
Please let me into your friend group
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.