[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The eternal debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: OTC vs AnCo.png (469KB, 756x448px) Image search: [Google]
OTC vs AnCo.png
469KB, 756x448px
The eternal debate
>>
>>73082576
that's not even a question my nebru
>>
Both great but Black Foliage is far better
>>
MPP has like four or five good tracks, and the rest are filler, just like every other AnCo album. BF:AMV1 is a solid listen all the way through.
>>
>>73082604
Daily Routine and possibly Lion in a Coma are the only "filler" tracks on MPP
>>
Black Foliage is literally about 8 times greater, maybe even 9
>>
Black Foliage and it's not even close
>>
>>73082615
>daily routine
>filler

pick one
>>
>>73082615
tfw Lion in a Coma is your favorite track :/
>>
>>73082576
MPP 3/10, Black Foliage 7/10
>>
>>73082767
Get a load of this edgy clown

MPP 8/10
Black Foliage 9/10
>>
>>73082576
MPP is better
>>
>>73082780
just my opinion m800
>>
>>73082615
>Lion in a Coma
>filler
Fuck off
>>
MPP - 8
Black Foliage - 8.5
>>
When does black amination music volume two come out?

Also new psycho actives 2

You cant say vol. 1 in thedamn name then never follow through can you?
>>
>>73084356
>When does black amination music volume two come out?
I doesn't. Bill Doss is dead m8.
>>
>>73082615
In what fuckin world is daily routine not THE jam
>>
MPP 4/10
Black Foliage 8/10
>>
But why call ANY release vol. 1unless you are Damned sure o bring out a vol. 2?

What kinda asshole would title as such!
>>
>>73084450
They were going to make a volume 2, but then they broke up. They got back together in like 2007, but then Bill died, so we're never getting one. It really sucks tbqh, because vol. 1 is the shit, but I guess we'll just have to stick with Singles and Beyond and Dusk at Cubist Castle instead.
>>
>>73084356
>new psycho actives 2
It doesn't. Geologist is dead m8.
>>
MPP
>>
>>73084629
t. hasn't listened to black foliage
>>
>>73084401
The writing and recording/ tracking was done before his death and Will Cullen Hart said he was working on putting the album out, but focusing on his Circulatory System album before finishing the production and polish on the OTC album.
The Circulatory System album came out a couple years ago now. Maybe because of his MS it's become too difficult.
>>
>>73084641
t. thinks his subjective opinions are better than someone else's.
>>
>>73082604
Black Foliage is a pretty good album, but half the fucking thing is "filler" (not necessarily a bad thing) with the interlude-type tracks and noise experiments.

MPP has actual, full-fledged songs all the way through.
>>
>>73084689
The "Black Foliage Animations" are the best tracks on there though
>>
>>73084689
>half the fucking thing is "filler"
not even. It is a good way to pace the album, giving a nice transition between each of the more "poppy" songs. Even the "Black Foliage" songs are really catchy and don't seem like filler.
>>
>>73082576
Contrarians say Black foliage, both are fantastic but MPP is a lot more emotionally investing
>>
>>73084793
You put it better than I could.

MPP left me feeling something special after I listened to it.

Black foliage is great but didn't leave as much of an impression on my emotions.
>>
Why is it that when A Peculiar Noise Called Train Director has random noises and bleeps it's called "patrician sound collage" but when Lying In The Grass has noises and bleeps it's called "pointless noise"
>>
>>73082576
They're both pretty good. The songwriting on BF is probably better than that of MPP, but Animal Collective at it's best is probably better than the best E6 acts. But The Music Tapes and Major Organ are definitely close

>>73082604
>filler
I hate this term. 90% of the time, people just use it as a stand in for "song I don't like". Also, if we're talking filler, you're telling me that there isn't a single second lost in all the "experimental" E6 style concrete sound collage Black Foliage that counts as filler? It's a good album, but it is in large part somewhat tasteless noise with sparse melodies interspersed
>>
>>73084873
otc does it tastefully
>>
>>73084873
you're not going to get good answers m8, OTC have been active since 94 and have made sound collages since the very beginning. ANCO has been around since ~2001 and have also made sound collages since the beginning.

the answer? people expect pop magic ala MPP out of AnCo whereas with OTC people want both pop and sound madness despite the fact that both of them do pretty much the same thing
>>
>>73084919
How so? It's just the same stuff E6 has been doing for a long time. The culmination of E6 experimentation done tastefully is Major Organ and the Adding Machine. BF would've been better if OTC ramped down a little bit

And in my opinion, some of the textures in PW are actually really nice, but it's mixed too poorly for you to actually hear them very well. Just listen closely to The Burglars or Bagels in Kiev
>>
>>73084793
agreed both are great tho
>>
>>73084873
Black Foliage is a meticulously crafted piece that focuses on self-referential sections, sounds and melody, so often the noises aren't random or fleeting, but are there for the sake of being incorporated and/ or expanded elsewhere on the album. The pursuit was an album-spanning exploration into the construction and deconstruction of all the content within it. The noises are reused in the collages between the conventional tracks, (stripping away the arrangements to show the environment within which those arrangements were written and recorded) each collage aiming to create a pulsing rhythm between quietness and busyness.

In Lying In the Grass the noises and bleeps serve as decoration and flourish for just one particular song. It's meticulous in a was more focused on one work, and succeeds in creating a dense crawl toward a climax so I'm not sure it could ever be dismissed as "pointless noise"; that's really silly. They both work well, but the former is surely more praiseworthy. It's easier to pad a song with random psychedelic quirks than it is to weave motifs throughout an album.

Black Foliage's noises are probably actually more random since they were (intentionally) often the incorporation of sounds experienced the day of recording.
>>
the patrician choice, real ones know
>>
>>73085743
real shit.....
>>
it's a tie you faggots
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.