[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Drone/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

This is a thread to discuss your favorite drone and help scrubs (like me understand it better).

Help me get into Drone, /mu/. I've been dying to for ages but I don't know where to start. I've only just gotten into ambient first. I'm curious what you see as being the main point and where you derive enjoyment from drone music.

Anyone have suggestions of where to start and where to find the best out there? I don't know any at all besides Stars of the Lid so whatever you rec will be new to me probably. And does anyone have one of those flowcharts for drone music at all?

Anyway, just talk among yourselves about the drone you love and hopefully I'll absorb some of your wisdom.
>>
>>73082263
For me, its just this feeling of pleasent fullness in my ears. Like the distant ringing you hear when you're underwater, just saturated and pleasurable texture.

I'd recc Earth 2 by Earth as a starter, I've listened to it so much it doesn't even feel like drone because I know what the melodies in it are, so it just feels like very slow doom.
>>
>>73082291
Well the thread didn't turn out as many replies as I hoped, but this is a great rec, so I'd say it's worth it! Listening to it now and I really get what you mean, it's great!

Thanks, friend.
>>
>>73082291
but that's metal

I'd say Piano Text by Aloof Proof should do it for you
>>
File: ambient.jpg (223KB, 1367x637px) Image search: [Google]
ambient.jpg
223KB, 1367x637px
>>73082263
and Stars of the Lid are extremely overrated.
>>
File: 1475091979545.jpg (222KB, 1858x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1475091979545.jpg
222KB, 1858x1064px
>>73082263
some of my favorite drone releases for u OP

probably not all of them are 100% pure drone but i go to all of them when i'm in a droney mood.
>>
>>73082870
Listened to a bit of this and it sounds great!

>>73082954
>>73083050
These look like they'll be really helpful for me to get more into ambient and drone, appreciate it anons!
>>
>>73082870
Yes. Drone Metal. Within the larger umberellas of both Drone music and Metal music.

>>73082853
Glad to hear it, its one of my favorite albums and I'm happy to hear you're digging it too
>>
File: real drone.jpg (344KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
real drone.jpg
344KB, 920x690px
>>73082291
it is just very slow doom
>>
>>73083514
Whats the album in the lower right on the drone doom side? Only one I don't recognize
>>
>>73083578
khanate s/t
spoopy stuff

>>73082263
my top rated genre is drone and i love and their refinement so maybe take a look through here since i don't have a chart for it or anything
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/thehuntingparty/strm_h,ss.rd/drone
>>
File: cover.jpg (32KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
32KB, 400x367px
i'm a big fan of radiant intervals by eleh. it's more on the electronic side of drone but it's great.
>>
File: cover.jpg (684KB, 1403x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
684KB, 1403x1400px
anyone heard teleplasmiste? it's droney synth music from some guys that worked on some of the later coil albums. would appeal to people who liked the more ambient side of coil
>>
>>73083660
love this album
>>
>>73083660
Death is eternal bliss is an all time great track
>>
>>73082954
I'd actually recommend celer's discourses of the withered over capri but thius is a good list
>>
>>73083050
trilogie de la mort is a classic
i'd also recommend jefre cantu-ledesma's bloodstream sermon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.