[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love them and this album very much. But I have some trivial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I love them and this album very much. But I have some trivial questions.
What is that in album cover and why did they name their band "This Heat"?
>>
>>73076015
Why the fuck do you care?
>>
>>73076079
Why do you not care?
>>
>>73076015
.[3] The cover art reflects these concerns, and includes a photomontage of images such as mushroom clouds, thematic maps depicting nuclear arsenals and photographs of Ronald Reagan, Leonid Brezhnev and Nikita Khrushchev.
>>
>>73076146
Well that makes sense. Then why did they make a photomontage look like a mask?
>>
>>73076998
Stop.
>>
rebump
>>
>>73076353
I wouldn't say it's made to look like a mask, more as it's projected onto someone's face
>>
Was curious about the album art but asking why they called themselves "This Heat" is silly
>>
>>73076353
its a photomontage projected onto a person with their eyes closed and mouth open
>>
I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that they named themselves "This Heat" because the summer of the year they formed the band was particularly warm.
>>
>>73077361
bump
>>
Excellent album it's quickly become one of my favourites. I love how uncomfortable and on edge it makes you feel. Is there anything out there that sounds similar and how is the band's other stuff?
>>
>oi m8 turn down the thermostat, this heat is fucken killin me!
>well fuck on outta here then, it's not that cold outside!
I heard the feud was settled with a coin toss. This Heat came out on top.
>>
Does this album have any similarities with the Pop Group's Y for example? Which post punk albums does it sound close to? Given that Y is one of my favorite post punk and overall favorite albums, I would like to know if I can expect something similar.
>>
>>73079124
just listen to it faggot
>>
>>73079260
No need to be mad.
>>
>>73076015
it was a hot day
>>
>>73079124
Not really. This Heat are more industrial/sound collage/abstract leaning than post-punk/dub. Hell, calling them post-punk is a stretch. Women's first album sounds pretty close to This Heat and it's more accessible.
>>
>>73078927
>Is there anything out there that sounds similar
Public Image Ltd
Swell Maps
Thinking Fellers Union Local 282
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.