[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5393.jpg (390KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5393.jpg
390KB, 1000x1000px
Can we admit that this album is pretentious as fuck?
>>
I didn't need to wait for the dust to settle to draw that conclusion. In fact, I didn't even need to listen to it.
>>
pretentious != bad

It's pretentious, yes. But it's also aoty.
>>
When it comes to music "pretentious" has become such a bullshit buzzword, a lot of people have seriously started to just slap it on all songs, artists, and albums that have remotely introspective lyrics. It's so often used by dumbass poptimists who want to discourage artists from trying to make meaningful music.
>>
>>73069332
> complains about bullshit buzzwords
> cant complete a single sentence without using bullshit buzzwords
>>
It's well composed and he's a decent singer, but god damn are the lyrics annoying.

I found it's best if I pretend I don't speak english when I listen to it.
>>
>pretentious

There is a shit ton of music like that, and does it really matter? it's good
>>
File: 1494530770448.jpg (557KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1494530770448.jpg
557KB, 2048x2048px
>>73069120
Crack Up is AOTY. Sorry but PC is FJM's worst album
>>
File: herbert bayer.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
herbert bayer.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
>>73069078
who the fuck cares

this album is fantastic

it perfectly matches my world view and the feelings i associate with it

can someone recommend me more albums that talk about human nature / the human condition / existence is pain / the fact that we're all incredibly confused and lost as to what the hell it going on here but we still step forward? not a joke i legitimately want this
>>
>>73069620
does it have to be obnoxiously overt and showtunesy like FJM? because a lot of albums address those things
>>
>>73069078
Did it really take this long to figure out? That's just kind of what you expect from FMJ at this point
>>
>>73069664
no it doesn't

give me some titles jimmy boy
>>
>>73069702
Most of Radiohead's discography deals with those themes

also try

Low - Things We Lost In The Fire
Songs Ohia - Magnolia Electric Company
>>
>>73069826
>10 sec into Magnolia
>those guitar riffs

already like it

thanks
>>
>>73069942
Jason Molina is a very sad case, and that album is an easy top-5 for me. It's a lot easier to take misery and the human condition seriously from the horse's mouth (he drank himself to death) than pretty boy egoists like FJM.
>>
>>73069620
Blurryface
>>
i think the better question is would u let him breed you despite the lack of eyebrows
>>
>>73069410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4XNqrqxrU
>>
>>73070002
thats pretty wild ... although just because someone hasn't killed them self or is a pretty boy doesn't mean they haven't had some sort of misery trailing them

what makes you think that FJM is plastic?
>>
>>73070194
I'm sure he is a familiar with a degree of misery, but the way he conducts himself in interviews, on twitter, etc. regularly comes off as condescending and self righteous. For me he's best when he sticks to humor and love (I<3youhoneybear is the best album I've heard under the FJM moniker and the worst song on it--Bored In The USA--sounds like the entirety of the new album to me)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.