[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's like Tago Mago, but garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Low_(album).jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Low_(album).jpg
43KB, 300x300px
it's like Tago Mago, but garbage
>>
>>73068807
agreed
>>
>>73068807
i can agree its like tago mago but its by no means garbage
what do you hate about it?
>>
>>73068860
the first half is just generic pop rock
the second half is like something brian eno could make during the lunch break
>>
>>73069003
generic != garbage
>>
>>73069010
in compare to Tago Mago it is garbage
even Heroes is more exciting
>>
>>73068807
>it's like Tago Mago
Not really
>but garbage
Also no

>>73069003
How is it "generic"? What else sounded like it at the time?
Art Decade is better than anything Brian Eno has ever made

>>73069044
>in compare to Tago Mago it is garbage
That's true of most music
>>
>>73069158
>>it's like Tago Mago
>Not really
>>but garbage
>Also no
retarded bowiefag

>What else sounded like it at the time?
literally any pop rock shit
just because he didn't sing on some of those tracks doesn't mean it's not generic

>Art Decade is better than anything Brian Eno has ever made
retarded bowiefag

>>in compare to Tago Mago it is garbage
>That's true of most music
true, but most of music is not as overrated as Low and Bowie in general
>>
>>73069200
This is an exorbitant shitpost
>>
>>73069003
>low side one is generic pop rock

this meme needs to end
>>
>>73069348
>low side one is not generic pop rock

this meme needs to end
>>
i have 25 threads filtered right now and this is worse than all of them
>>
No hyperbole or memes here, but I was really underwelmed with Low. I was a big Eno fan prior to listening to Bowie's Berlin albums and they all feel like weak art pop with copy-paste ambience eno did years before. Its strange because The Idiot is so much more interesting and radical to me, and since Bowie helped Iggy so much on it that I was surprised at how boring Low seems. I do like his Berlin trilogy, but doesn't deserve its reverance as experimental and progressive masterpiece.
>>
>>73069426
That's funny because Eno was just poorly imitating Krautrock bands from the early 70s
>>
>>73069462
Not a Krautrock connoisseur, just listened mostly to Mu essential and see merit to this, but I feel it's a bit of an oversimplification of Eno, but maybe I was giving Bowie the same treatment lol
>>
Sound and Vision is a perfect pop song and one of the best ever.
>>
>>73069200
>>What else sounded like it at the time?
>literally any pop rock shit
kek, you can't muster one specific example, kys
>>73069728
very correct
>>
i found the album when i was in a pretty *low* and slumped part of my life - in a rut, generally unhappy, wanting escape or change, frustrated with the lack of movement, unhappy with my lack of ability to be in control, stuff like that. and the album just hit me hard - hit me in a much different way than albums like ok computer ever had.

this reply's starting to sound a bit like pasta so i'll stop there, but basically what i'm trying to say is that low represents bowie in a raw, numb, emotional state. it shows that a celebrity usually perceived as ever-happy and invincible is only a man at the end of the day, and that was always reassuring. that's what this album is - astonishing reassurement and comfort through the expression of vulnerability by a usually god-like figure. makes you feel better when you're down. tells you that even the 'gods' are humans (at least, for me - i always idolized bowie even before listening to low). the problem is, few people go into a bowie album looking for emotional resonance. i think they tend to go into bowie albums looking for superb pop-rock, but this album isn't entirely that, which throws people off.
>>
>>73068807
I thought /mu/ liked this album.
Have this board become so contrarian that now /mu/tants hate their own apporoved music?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.