[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Bob Dylan Album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: jwh.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jwh.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
I see a lot of love for Blonde on Blonde here, but I like John Wesley Harding more (granted I like country so that makes sense). What's the best Dylan album in your opinion?
>>
>>73068636
Blood on the Tracks or Freewheelin'
>>
The Basement Tapes but not the version that was originally released, the one that's part of the Bootleg Series.
>>
File: 118207973.jpg (89KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
118207973.jpg
89KB, 1024x1024px
>>73068636
this desu
>>
Yeah, I like John Wesley Harding. I think it's better-performed than most of his albums, more melodic. People don't really talk about it because it's not as flamboyant as his other stuff and thus harder to pin down. Also, I'm just about the only person on the planet who prefers the original Watchtower.
>>
>>73068939
The original Watchtower is low key my favorite song
>>
File: timeoutofmind.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
timeoutofmind.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>73068636

>>73068939
>>
For me, it's Nashville Skyline
>>
i love the bass and drums on the first track. i bought this shit on vinyl literally two days ago for 8 bucks and it's the best music i can play when people are over
>>
>>73069011
time out of mind is my favorite of post 80's dylan

JWH is a great pick for country/folk and pre-80's dylan

does anyone have a rec for 80's dylan? i'm scared to listen to it
>>
>>73069011
Time Out of Mind is cool too. I see it as a better rendition of his born-again period.

>>73069092
As far as I can tell, people think Empire Burlesque and Oh Mercy are OK, but I can't verify this.
>>
>>73069011
til i fell in love with you followed by not dark yet is the best 1-2 punch to the feel cortexes in his whole discography imo
>>
>>73069172
yeah that's a strong sequence. then shit gets even more dark and mental with Cold Irons Bound, so much so that the protagonist is desperate and hallucinating.

the whole albums flows so well. the themes are connected and the metaphors just keep expanding and expanding. the ideas just keep layering.

what do you think of Make You Feel My Love? i feel like the protagonist is lost here. it's from the outside looking in. took me a long time to come around to liking this track
>>
>>73069384
don't have a strong opinion about that song in particular, agree everything you said though. he taps into love frustration better than any other artist i know of
>>
>>73069092
Slow Train Coming is a joke, but gets better as you get acquainted to it!
>>
>>73071189
Slow Train Coming is far from bad; its main problem is that it's really a rather lazy album with melodies recycled from his heyday.
>>
New Morning's got some great songs:

>The Man In Me
> Sign on the Window
> Went to See the Gypsy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.