[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grimes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 24

File: cancer.jpg (25KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
25KB, 320x320px
grimes is the best shit ever if you disagree you're a narcissistic piece of shit that should die in a hole
>>
Cancer.Jpg
On another note where is this pic from
>>
File: 1495645354029.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1495645354029.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
this is now ylyl thread
>>
I love Claire Elise Boucher.
>>
File: 1496093557186.jpg (403KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1496093557186.jpg
403KB, 750x1334px
>>73065203
edgy starting post. be chill.

grimes is awesome, there's no doubt about that.
>>
File: something about her ears.png (94KB, 1227x167px) Image search: [Google]
something about her ears.png
94KB, 1227x167px
her music is unremarkable pop. i don't give a shit if she's completely self produced. millions of musicians do that, and it doesn't bear any influence on the quality of the work. it just isn't special enough to warrant the ceaseless devoted worship that it garners on this board.

also, grimesfags are mentally unstable (to say the least)
>>
>>73065762
inb4
>b-but critics like it
music publications jumped train because they have to be on the cutting edge and she has a trendy, marketable image. they knew there was money there. end of story.
>>
File: 1459035792447.png (587KB, 480x601px) Image search: [Google]
1459035792447.png
587KB, 480x601px
grimes is pretty
>>
>>73065762
>>73065789
hello again
>>
>>73065837
sup
>>
File: 1496092541326.jpg (325KB, 750x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1496092541326.jpg
325KB, 750x1325px
>>73065762
>her music is unremarkable pop.
wrong opinion. if people talk so much about her and her music and critics praise her, maybe, just maybe, her music is truly remarkable.

>i don't give a shit if she's completely self produced. millions of musicians do that, and it doesn't bear any influence on the quality of the work.
millions of musicians do that but with what results? 100 plays on soundcloud? name one similar artist with her level of fame that does everything on their own (even directing and editing the videos). go ahead.

here's the deal: if you don't see anything special about her, it doesn't mean others do the same. your opinion is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>73065789
>music publications jumped train because they have to be on the cutting edge and she has a trendy, marketable image. they knew there was money there. end of story.
she has a trendy, marketable image but not trendy, marketable music? you forgot that people are listening to music with their ears, not eyes. no matter how cute she is, without her great music she would just another cute girl among millions of cute girls. her great music separates her from the rest. i will add also her personality, which makes her really relatable.

so, spare me of this image bullshit. just a good image can't give you a lengthy career, loyal fans and critical praise.
>>
>>73065997
>wrong opinion
ha
>if people talk so much about her and her music and critics praise her, maybe, just maybe, her music is truly remarkable.
this isn't just about her music. there are a ton of other factors that contribute to her popularity. She's a model, there are actually like millions of photos of her floating around the internet, she has a memorable visual style, she's vocally opinionated on social media, she worked with a couple different PR agencies, she's acted in commercials etc. she has created an interesting public persona. fame is all about working the system and she knows how to do that. the fact that she's famous hardly has anything to do with her music.

it's like chris ott said:

"Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade. I love a few of her songs and she is clearly Rated just right as a fashion model and youth celebrity, but as a musician, she doesn't deserve the place she's in. There's not enough to warrant it on a musical basis, it's all "X Factor." And that's fine, but I would rather see music media focus on music and she can be a YouTube star like Rosanna Pansino. There's plenty of room to talk about her fabulous clothing and visual aesthetic. I don't know if I could talk about her music for five minutes."

>name one similar artist with her level of fame that does everything on their own
fame has nothing to do with this. see above
>>
>>73065762
>her music is unremarkable pop
any album that sounds like halfaxa?
any album that sounds like art angels?
>>
>>73066298
yes
>>
>>73066222
>the fact that she's famous hardly has anything to do with her music.
absolutely false. those extra things are ON TOP of her great music. without her music, she would be just another model/celebrity/socialite/whatever. do you understand this? you can't have such acclaim in music without actual... great music. the reviewers don't review her look but her work, which is music. facts are facts, bruh. accept that she's rightfully acclaimed even if you dislike her music.

>chris ott
you posted this prick before. i know you. ever heard of this http://tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618 ?

>Ott is a notorious crank who uses his Twitter feed to decry the commodification of the independent arts. At his best he can be a necessary check on the capitalist impulses of the music industry and the publications that cover it. At his worst he can be a straight-up asshole who uses his modest platform to hammer away at personal grudges, many of which seem to end up involving women who make and/or write about indie rock. To some he is an anti-hero, to others he is simply a verbal harasser.

>The ramifications of Pitchfork pressing the red button are myriad. On the one hand, it is a quietly hilarious middle finger to an unapologetic bully who probably knows he deserved some sort of retaliation. On the other hand, it raises questions about who controls internet-native writing and what those people choose to do with that power.

his opinions are completely irrelevant. don't support this hack. try again.
>>
>>73066298
I always thought she sounded like Madonna or Donna Summer or any 80's singer
Her music just sounds like the music the 80's producers made for the singers
>>
>>73066298
you blocked his brain. i doubt he could name even one similar album. what he can do easily is bullshitting while having zero evidence.
>>
>>73066307
>>73066329
any album?
>>
She's nothing special. Nearly all the music I listen to is self-produced, she just happens to pander to a very needy audience.
>>
>>73066411
>She's nothing special
>>73066298
>>
>>73066397
I don't know any 80's pop albums off the top of my head with female singers to be honest
I just know styles from songs I've heard and lets be honest grimes albums might as well just be called compilations
>>
>>73065762
Protip: if you're on a Norwegian waterpolo board, you're also mentally unstable
>>
>>73066222
>name one similar artist with her level of fame that does everything on their own
>fame has nothing to do with this. see above
strawman. you didn't answer my question. fame has to do with this because believe it or not, all popstars rely on other people to do their music (even bjork). grimes is that rare case of a popstar that does everything on her own. a complete artist. this is not a common thing. if you disagree, better prove me wrong with actual examples.
>>
>>73066416
this. if she's nothing special, then other grimeses should be common. where are they?
>>
>those extra things are ON TOP of her great music
i'm not saying her music is irrelevant. she obviously needs a primary means of reaching people. all i'm saying is that there are many other factors which reinforce her public persona, and her fame is not a direct result of her making the music that she does.

>citing a gawker article about ott
you realize they just got sued to oblivion right? punitive damages for libel. are you actually posting a tabloid gossip article to try to discredit someone?
>>
>>73066416
Go listen to Japanese synth-pop and R&B from the 80's.
>>
>>73066472
meant to quote
>>73066316
>>
>>73066411
>Nearly all the music I listen to is self-produced
wait a minute dude: we're talking about pop music. show me self-produced, self-sound engineered pop music. preferably by a female artist.
>>
>>73066495
I don't listen to pop music.
>>
>>73066473
vague. post actual examples and next to them the similar grimes songs. let's see the similarity.
>>
>>73066507
your point is invalid then. grimes is a popstar, judge her based on her genre/category. if you don't listen to pop music i highly doubt you're qualified to talk shit about her music.
>>
>>73066544
I listen to a lot of the genres she takes influence from, so I think I can have some say on the quality of her music.
>>
>>73066439
>>73066473
>still not naming anything on the point

>>73066439
>grimes albums might as well just be called compilations
and how are they unremarkable/nothing special?
on each album she bends different styles of music, yet she keeps them in the same inner sonical aestetic
>>
>>73066450
>you didn't answer my question
i didn't have to answer your question because i provided an entire argument proving that you're question was irrelevant to our discussion. that's not a strawman.

>fame has to do with this because believe it or not, all popstars rely on other people to do their music (even bjork). grimes is that rare case of a popstar that does everything on her own. a complete artist. this is not a common thing.
okay anon. so this is what you're saying.
>she's special because she can do other non-musical stuff

believe it or not, that's my point exactly. looks like we're on the same page after all
>>
>>73066472
>you realize they just got sued to oblivion right? punitive damages for libel. are you actually posting a tabloid gossip article to try to discredit someone?
give me a break, ott. that article is based on actual facts. there's smoke so there must be fire somewhere. ott has a well established reputation of an annoying critic that is more interested in pushing his agenda than to be impartial. basically he's unreliable.
>>
>>73066575
whatever. it's just your opinion. anyone has one. but don't expect to agree with it. believe whatever you want to believe.
>>
>>73066509
dude what you're asking for is an exact replica of a grimes song. that doesn't exist.

but this isn't unique for grimes' music. no music sounds exactly like other music. people typically tend to avoid copying someone else's songs exactly unless they're playing a cover.

calm down with the impossible expectations and try taking that anon's advice. if you aren't completely deafened by your bias, then you should be able to hear lots of similarities
>>
>>73066612
>more interested in pushing his agenda than to be impartial
is this a joke? do you know what a critic is anon? their entire job is to push their agenda. they are paid to give their opinions. if a critic tried to be impartial they would lose their job.
>>
>>73066584
>she's special because she can do other non-musical stuff
>believe it or not, that's my point exactly. looks like we're on the same page after all
we're not on the same page because you insist that her extra stuff is what makes her special. i have bad news to you: it's music. appearance. personality. her music is the main dish, not the footnote.
>>
>>73066651
>dude what you're asking for is an exact replica of a grimes song. that doesn't exist.
exact replica =/= similar. give me a similar song and we're talking. if she's that unremarkable it should be very easy to find similar artists.
>>
>>73066694
https://youtu.be/G91N7M6_wv4
>>
>>73066651
>dude what you're asking for is an exact replica of a grimes song
no, it was 'any album that sounds like' >>73066298
it's kind of weird when someone says 'X is nothing special' yet can't name anything similar, seems like a bait

>no music sounds exactly like other music
>if you aren't completely deafened by your bias, then you should be able to hear lots of similarities
you just described all the music that was ever made by people
>>
>>73066715
similar to which grimes song?
>>
>>73066578
shes remarkable because others have done what she does just on a much larger scale like any other artist that pulls from other genres
the reason shes remarkable is because nobody has ever done such a mediocre job at it
no i cannot find anything like her music because nothing is as shit
>inb4 goalposts or whatever the fuck
consider maybe this is my first post?
>>
Why did you pick this ugly tranny from all the pop divas for hipsters? I know you need to make up a reason for your miserable life but can't you at least pick something decent?
>>
>>73066679
>her music is the main dish, not the footnote.
you have no way of proving this. similarly, i have no way of proving otherwise. but as someone who majored in communications, media studies and public relations, i've studied so many similar cases. so i can at least say anecdotally that her fame should be attributed to a smart and tactile PR campaign.

>inb4 appeal to authority
there isn't much of an argument here anymore. you think she's famous because of her music. i think she's famous because she played the system. neither of us can objectively say shit. gg
>>
>>73066785
>the reason shes remarkable is because nobody has ever done such a mediocre job at it
>defying the common sense laws
lmao! are you serious? what has to do the concept of being remarkable with mediocrity?
>>
>>73066785
>mediocre
>shit
that's just your opinion
>>
>>73066813
>you have no way of proving this.
she's a musician, dude. a musician by definition makes music. what more do you want? why are you such a contrarian for the sake of it?
>>
>>73066813
>smart and tactile PR campaign
btw she's an indie musician. if you expect her to own big marketing budgets you're very delusional. her music barely charted and she's almost absent from the radio stations. her main marketing was done by her fans through word of mouth. 3 letters: diy.
>>
>>73066847
>she's a musician
you're right. she is. what i'm saying is people may know her as a musician, but they don't know her BECAUSE she's a musician.
>>
Anddddddddddddddddd we're back. Ah... lemme just settle into my chair and grab some popcorn and cool. This is a grimes thread.
>>
>>73066795
Like what... show us your waifu senpai, so we may see what true beauty is like... lol.
>>
>>73066913
>>73066985
I don't remember her having all this when Visions got released. It was just as hyped as Art Angels if not more, so the point stands.
>>
>>73066903
see pic related.

http://www.grimesmusic.com/info/
>>
>>73067030
>>73067027
>>
These threads belong in the /trash/
>>
File: Yasuko_Onuki-8.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Yasuko_Onuki-8.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>73067014
Not him, but
>>
>>73067071
What's so special about your waifu senpai?
>>
>>73067027
idc what you do or don't remember in your skewed version of reality anon.
the point is that she currently has 4 different PR agencies shilling her. fame is obviously something that she has taken a tactical approach to.
>>
>>73066826
me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/Submit
adjective
of only moderate quality; not very good.
"a mediocre actor"

re·mark·a·ble
rəˈmärkəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
worthy of attention; striking.
"a remarkable coincidence"

its remarkable how mediocre she is
>>
>>73067058
agreed.
>>
>>73067009
>so are those the people who fucking shill here?
probably
>>
Ive never listened to Grimes, where do I start? Wanna form my opinions on her music and dont wanna start on the wrong foot

>inb4 don't
>>
>>73067098
I think that she's gorgeous and that she makes great music.
>>
>>73067143
don't
>>
>>73067143
Depends. Are you into mainstream stuff? Go with Art Angels first. If you're into indie/experimental, go the other end and start with Darkblooms and work your way up.

I personally worked my way backwards in her discography from Art Angels.
>>
>>73067156
Can YOU fuck off. There's no need to doxx anyone. If you don't want to talk about grimes, go talk about some other musician in /Mu. If you can't find one, then go into a diff. thread. Maybe random for example. Or toys is cool. Or hell, retro video games is pretty neat. Anything but bitch and whine.
>>
>>73067158
Same. I just try to tone down my admiration a bit so I don't end up getting sucked into the void where I'm pining for her and she can't reciprocate.
>>
>>73067231
this post does sound weirdly defensive..
>>
>>73067245
Hey man, if you know where I can get paid to be her fan please direct me to that source. Otherwise kindly leave. MMmmmkkay pumpkin?
>>
>>73067263
You know why? Because I think it's retarded that someone jumps to doxxing because they don't agree with what's being posted on /mu. I mean how fucking childish are you?
>>
>>73067198
thanks anon, ive been told art angels is the most accessible so ill listen to that first

>>73067156
if you dont like grimes / arent trying to get into grimes / jerking off over pictures of grimes then why are you even here? its just kind of sad
>>
>>73067030
RIP Grimesfags.
>>
>>73067309
Hurr durr... oh boy we've got a badass over here. Look out everyone. He's pulling out the big guns.

Look out boys, it's the rocket surgeon we've all been waiting for. We were warned about you, as it was foretold in the grimes prophecy. That a witty, witty man would come through the hordes of haters and present himself to us.
>>
>>73066910
>but they don't know her BECAUSE she's a musician
huh? the first thing they hear about grimes is that she makes music. it's damn obvious. her main job is being a musician, plain and simple. stop being so contrarian.
>>
>>73067401
Oh, you're so edgy. Look at you all tough on the computer like a big boy. Oh this is so exciting, let me get the camera.
>>
File: 1495690801836.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1495690801836.png
126KB, 800x769px
>>73065203
>>73065203
*strums one note on her guitar at a time throughout the entirety of art angels"
>>
>>73067030
i see just a handful of people. a small team is a very normal thing for an artist of her level. what's your point?
>>
>>73067108
now explain to me how being mediocre is worthy of attention aka remarkable. are you a dumbass?
>>
>>73067131
read this you stupid fuck >>73067463
>>
>>73067439
LOL You know what's funny, is I had a guitar for a few years. Tried to learn how to play it all the time just couldn't get better because I truly wasn't very good at it.

Guitar ain't exactly easy to master. Some have a gift for it. Others... not so much.

I wouldn't judge her solely on the basis of her ability to play an instrument. There are plenty of extremely talented people who can fucking shred a guitar who don't end up amounting to much, unfortunately.
>>
>>73067156
>>73067156
you've got nothing. you fucking retard.
>>
グライムス?
>>
>>73067463
Well clearly you are in the minority senpai. She has been recognized by the media at large and has fans in the millions around the world. If we're all delusional, like you say, she must have stole Steve Jobs' Reality Distrotion Ray Gun.

I doubt it though. And I mean hey, if you don't like her, you don't like her. You don't HAVE to like her or her music. I would advise you to go into another thread instead of wasting your time in here.
>>
>>73067287
whatever you do, don't miss her album visions. it's her masterpiece imo.
>>
>>73067505
Listen, you're very clearly too strong for us tiny grimes plebs. So why don't you, I don't know, go godzilla yourself another city? Maybe leave us this one so we can play in it?
>>
>>73067491
Guitar really isn't hard anon.
My complaint is more about how she could have played her 1 note with a more interesting timbre then standard overdriven e-guitar sound. She clearly has no clue what the fuck she's doing on the instrument. Literally all her guitar playing on the album is monophonic. Why use a guitar then instead of a synth with some interesting sound? I'm pretty sure the album would be way better if the guitar was completely replaced by saw waves
>>
>>73067334
>Grimesfags
>expecting to be taken seriously
>>
>>73067407
i still don't think you understand. people know her as a musician. that's her occupation. but the reason why so many people know about her to begin with is because she has cultivated an interesting public persona, and because she works with public relations agencies. she worked the system of fame.

yes when people hear a bout her they hear about her being a musician. but the reason why so many people hear about her is because she's good with the public
>>
>>73067287
update: art angels is a super fun album and im thoroughly enjoying it. not sure about the weird japanese loli voice on scream, but so far her voice is pretty nice.

>>73067532
will do, thanks man
>>
>>73067534
Not really. See, what I find is that truly GREAT music is incredibly difficult to create. Most of what I hear is derivative. It's built upon a foundation of millions of musicians figuring out solos and hooks and bits and pieces. Those are all drawn from to create current music and find those "hooks" as they call them.

I'm not saying there is no new music, but a great lot of what I hear is not original. Again, it's very difficult to create something original. I will go out on al limb here and say grimes has managed to create a great many original works, although even she has derivative sounding work.
>>
>>73067548
Well anon, that's a good point. You might very well be correct. I don't know enough about guitar to suggest I know what i'm talking about. I do not. And even with my years of experience I can't really play a whole hell of a lot. Maybe she could have used synth in replacement to the real instrument. But I do solute her attempting to put the original stuff in there. Even if she has to edit down 400 takes to get what she wants.
>>
>>73067548
>Literally all her guitar playing on the album is monophonic.
ever occured to you that was INTENTIONAL? she used the guitar like a bass to play basslines. she didn't want to play solor or any tricks, just a solid foundation to her songs. and she did a good job at that.

it's about restraint and using only parts that serve the song.
>>
>>73067441
what happened to
>completely DIY self-made solo artist?

also,
>just a handful of people
those contacts are each representatives for entire agencies of people
>>
>>73067566
>but the reason why so many people know about her to begin with is because she has cultivated an interesting public persona, and because she works with public relations agencies. she worked the system of fame.
maybe some folks heard of her because of her antics. but that was only the beginning. what kept them interested? hint: m***c.
>>
>>73067561
Ah, but you see there's where you're wrong. You are not calling anyone out. I'm a fan of hers. We have created many threads to discuss her music. We will create many mor. And people like yourself will continue to try and get a rise out of us, while I sit here with my popcorn and laugh and laugh and laugh.

If something is going on in your life that makes you lash out at people who enjoy something, why not try to enjoy something yourself? I have no desire to get into a pissing match with anyone because I have nothing to prove to you. But if you wish to try and get a rise, do try. I'll be sitting here with my popcorn waiting for your very best insults.
>>
>>73067566
Do you have any proof she's worked with pr agencies? I'd love to know actually, being a fan of hers and such. If she is using some sort of think tank to produce all this seemingly magical shit, i'd love to know. Because to me it seems like some sort of voodoo.
>>
>>73067463
do you have autism
anything can be a remarkable anything
a penis can be remarkably small
a shit can be remarkably foul
a light can be remarkably dim
and an artist can
get this
be remarkably mediocre
so mediocre that they are news
so mediocre that she is worthy of attention like a shitty song on youtube
>>
File: sig.jpg (30KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
30KB, 400x381px
>there are people who think grimes isn't the artist of the decade
>>
>>73067567
Took me a LONG time to warm up to that track. The girl is Aristophanes and she's Taiwanese not Japanese (as you presume) just fyi. Again, not my fav track on the album.

In fact, the first 3 tracks on that album tend to get me clicking fast forward or skip. I have listened to them and warmed up to them but they are not my favs. Gets going pretty good after that IMO.
>>
>>73067567
>not sure about the weird japanese loli voice on scream
it's a taiwanese rapper and the lyrics are really provocative. there's an english translation. scream is one of her weirdest songs.

>will do, thanks man
if you liked art angels i have a feeling you will love this album. maybe not immediately but after 3-4 listens. i listened to visions over 60 times, it's very addictive and immersive. pay attention to the songs be a body, circumambient, nightmusic and symphonia ix: they're the best songs on it besides the obvious hits oblivion and genesis.
>>
>>73067653
Huge fan of hers, I do not believe she is the artist of the decade. I think she is incredible though. In fact, I dont' truly believe she'd agree to that title herself.
>>
>>73067669
I feel sorry for you bro. If you think i'm a cunt because of the music I listen to, more power to you. I wish you well anyway. You seem like a tormented soul. You need a little more light in your life.

When I need amusement I play vidya or jerk off. You know at least then I get something out of it.
>>
>>73067645
>Do you have any proof she's worked with pr agencies?
see >>73067030
>>
>>73067645
>Because to me it seems like some sort of voodoo.
you should read count zero if you haven't already anon
>>
>>73067613
>completely DIY self-made solo artist?
wait a minute: i meant regarding her music. those folks are not involved in her music, they're just doing their jobs to promote her/book gigs.

don't worry, at the beginning of her career was was 100% diy. until she signed to arbutus records (an indie label) she posted her music on myspace.com

there's even an ep surviving from those times (2007).
>>
>>73067661
>>73067676

i dont like kill v maim that much but i LOVE artangels, easily and belly of the beast (im only as far as easily rn)

hoping that visions is more slow and chill, than the latter three, but from its look seems a little heavier which could be good too

(also whoops, assumed japan cause grimes is weeb)
>>
>>73067686
Other side? Did you get the vinyl somehow? Oh shit I envy you if you did because the art pieces she included I had no idea about. And when I went looking for said vinyl I couldn't find it. I probably couldn't afford it anyway. Oh well.

Glad you're liking it though. Fav songs so far? I think of all of them on that album World Princess 2 stood out. I mean it's such a girly pop song but I had fun with it lol.
>>
>>73067713
Those are the people she uses for touring and who were involved in getting Art Angels out. None of them produced the album.

Almost all the people shown there are for booking gigs and touring.
>>
>>73067632
>And people like yourself will continue to try and get a rise out of us, while I sit here with my popcorn and laugh and laugh and laugh.
that's the way to fight those pesky trolls: laugh in their face.
>>
>>73067607
Just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's good. Playing the guitar like a bass and just strumming one note in 4/4 isn't a good sound. The guitar on this album repeatedly stuck out as bad to me and i wish it had been a saw wave or something like that instead because that's way more grimes and doesn't sound like a 14 year old's attempt at composition.

I like Oblivion but her shitty guitar playing on Art Angels ruins the album for me. I'm not saying she should've played full chords either; no. I'm merely saying she should've played her bass notes, which by the way are already in the mix so she's basically just doubling in on it should've just been played with a synth.
>>
>>73067738
What's count zero anon? Got any links?
>>
>>73067100
>the point is that she currently has 4 different PR agencies shilling her. fame is obviously something that she has taken a tactical approach to.
read this again >>73067027
she didn't have that before, but she was just as hyped
>>
File: 1437693303272.png (4KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1437693303272.png
4KB, 224x217px
This thread is actually getting weird. Ever since her publicity contacts got posted there's been a lot of obvious damage control..
>>
>>73067763
I don't like getting a rise out of people. I try to get along with people, even if people are immediately abrasive. I find that if they're lashing out at people in this thread it's probably because there is something going on under the surface, usually something that is frustrating the hell out of them and they feel the need to lash out. I'm one of those inward pointing people though. It would be easy to lash out. I used to have weight bag back in my youth where I used to expend a lot of my energy. Helps a fuck load getting steam off your shoulders.

But anyway, yeah, some people are simply lost like the rest of us. I don't blame them for losing their way. It's difficult for people to find their way in life these days.
>>
>>73067744
>hoping that visions is more slow and chill, than the latter three, but from its look seems a little heavier which could be good too
it's actually way more chill, dreamy and melancholic than art angels. somehow it reminds me of goth rock. visions has been done under special circumstances. it's a very emotional and resonating album despite the heavy beats. her older album halfaxa, even more.

>"Visions was an extremely cathartic album to make. I went through a period a few years back when I was really addicted to drugs. Two of my best friends died, I had this really fucked-up assault experience and I was constantly in and out of terrible relationships. I never really dealt with all that, but I eventually realised that by making songs I could work through these things that had been plaguing me for years."

>As a result, Claire reckons there is a "weird jubilance" to Visions. "It can totally be a party album if you want, which is hilarious to me because it's so tortured. But because it's about sloughing off that pain, there is a kind of joy in the way it takes you from utter depression to utter ecstasy."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/apr/28/grimes-visions-montreal
>>
>>73067791
Damage control? LOL. She's not even touring right now... hahahaha. What the hell would she need damage control for? She's already made her money Anon. Like if she wanted to, she could probably stop right now.

But I hope she doesn't. I want to hear her new shit.
>>
>>73067744
btw, visions is the kind of album that it takes time to sink into your mind. imo visions is no less than the best album of this decade.
>>
>>73067870
Anon, do try to temper your enthusiasm of her work with regard for other musicians. I think it's pure hubris to assume it's the greatest thing in the last decade if you have not been listening to the hundreds, no thousands of other musicians work.
>>
File: sweating-guy.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating-guy.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>73067854
>She's not even touring right now... hahahaha
this whole post reeks of nervous rambling
>>
>>73067521
dude, i'm on your side. read again my post. i attacked the opinion of that anon who said that she's remarkably mediocre.

on a previous thread you did the same mistake of confusing posts (remember that crystal castles thing?). pay more attention to the chain of posts, ffs.
>>
>>73067840
>>73067870
all good to hear about the music, but poor grimes that sucks! glad shes good now, followed her on instagram for a while only now listening

pin, realiti and world princess part 2 hit me like a truck, couldnt stop smiling through pin and the other two are just great songs
>>
>>73067928
Yes, nervous. I'm actually reading a comic while i'm waiting for you lot to post shit. So nervous... hey i'm going to make a tea, you want one? LOL.
>>
>>73067928
>being this much of a fool
L O L
>>
>>73067939
Will do. Noted. There are shit disturbers about.
>>
>>73067553
>grimesfags expecting to be taken seriously
ive seen you around btw
you post that same thing every time
>>
>>73067949
Now THAT would be cute. That she gives a shit about little ol' 4chin that she'd come in here and try to keep her image tidy hahaha. You people are delusional. Even as a full on fan of hers I wouldn't believe she would spend a micro second on this website.
>>
>>73067943
wait this might actually be grimes and not one of her disgusting cult leaders
just a peppermint tea for me
>>
>>73067940
art angels is an exquite pop album, catchy as hell. but there's something mysterious and ghostly about visions. it's so out there yet accessible. i strongly believe that only her could have make this album and no one else.

check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54

see what i mean?
>>
>>73067943
timestamp grimes
>>
die in a hole? what does that even mean you fucking nigger?
>>
>>73067970
there are many anons who post that. it's a grimes meme created by a certain classical music anon.

here's a revolutonary idea: how about stopping monitoring her threads? you don't even like her, why wasting your time here?
>>
>>73067993
Peppermint tea it is. But no, it is not Grimes. That would be funny. She's in Japan, senpai. Doing grimes things. Who knows what she's doing.
>>
Never listened to Grimes. Someone explain the appeal.
>>
>>73068027
im here for the (you)s
>>
>>73068016
You in the right thread, senpai?
>>
>>73068041
Not sure myself, Anon. I've been a fan just over a year now. Something there that I can't explain. I got sucked in like other Anons. Still trying to figure it out, actually. How one persons music could be so captivating and what her deal is... she's really bizarre and interesting. But that's just me now, everyone is free to think what they want.
>>
>>73067768
it happens that i like that guitar on art angels. it's a matter of taste: take it or leave it.
>>
>>73068001
just finished art angels, what a lovely album. ill need a few relistens to let kill v maim and scream grow on me but it was really good. gonna listen to visions now, based on symphonia its gonna be real good too.
will probably sleep after that considering its 02:11 in the morning, but thanks for the help, and to the other anon who helped
>>
>>73068098
The Kill v. Maim music video is probably one of the best out there (other than the recent Venus Fly which is pretty rad looking). I recommend you have a look at that on youtube.

And yeah if it doesn't sink in, it doesn't sink in. You're probably better off on a cursory listening. I fell deep into this stuff right away... it's taken me many months to drag my ass out of it. Don't fall too deep now, you hear?
>>
>>73067899
please, don't tell me what to do. it's my right to have my own opinion. deal with it.
>>
>>73067940
>all good to hear about the music, but poor grimes that sucks! glad shes good now, followed her on instagram for a while only now listening
the more you'll read about her life, the more interesting it gets.
>>
>>73068129
i have over 700 scrobbles for the smiths on rym, ill try not to do the same with grimes
>>
>>73068153
Sure, I don't mean to upset you. You're very touchy with her stuff. I get that. But yeah this "artist of the decade" stuff you keep pushing is kinda wearing thin.

You're entitled to your opinion, i'm not here to dispute that. Just that you lay it on a little thick you know?
>>
Why are comments disabled for so many of her videos?
>>
>>73068174
Not sure. Probably a lot of dipshit comments in there that she shut off to keep people from fighting.

I really dislike it when people disable comments on yt though. If people don't like my vids, I let them have their comment. If people fight in the comments, that's just something people do.
>>
File: 961813.jpg (151KB, 640x901px) Image search: [Google]
961813.jpg
151KB, 640x901px
>>73065203
We all know James is the one actually making the music
>>
>>73068194
I find them entertaining. But then, I am a bit of a simpleton. LOL.
>>
>>73068098
cool. listen to visions now. it was her breakthrough album for a reason. it's not as polished as art angels, but it's still amazing.
>>
>>73068222
Wouldn't that just be the shit? LOL hahaha. Interesting idea.
>>
>>73068194
>>73068197

There is literally no reason to disable comments unless you're a top hundred YTer like PewDiePie and your comments are getting used for viral marketing and scamming. Being butthurt about YT comments is not a good reason.
>>
>>73068164
i have a feeling you'll surpass that number by far, assuming you will like at least half of her songs. this stuff is catchier than a virus.
>>
>>73068247
Agreed. I think, however, yt automatically hides a lot of the spam. I end up having to sort through a lot of comments to tell yt that yes, this is in fact a legit comment. Don't hide it. I don't care yt. LOL.
>>
>>73068264
I didn't say that she couldn't. I just said that being butthurt isn't a good reason.
>>
>>73068170
i said "imo" (in my opinion) and i said that visions is the album of the decade, not that grimes is aotd. roger that?
>>
>>73068045
you'll get a truck full of (you)s.
>>
>>73068305
and its fun every time
>>
>>73068290
Well whomever keeps spamming these threads with the AOTD posts sure gets old. I mean if you preface your comments with IMO AOTD then cool. I get you. 10-4 good buddy. But i'm not sure there's someone on here who keeps trying to jam it in there every chance they get.
>>
>>73068041
she's a captivating artist making captivating music. listen to her music and judge for yourself.
>>
>>73068325
I've listened to a bit of it. I'm not really into pop so I'm not seeing what sets this particular product apart from any other decent pop.
>>
>>73068339
Go into the back catalogue if you want more eclectic music. Her new shit is very mainstream and well... more mainstream. If you go listen to Geidi Primes it's a bit jarring how out of the ordinary it is.

When you get into the haunting stuff of Halfaxa let me know if you think it's boring.
>>
>180 posts
>24 posters

pffffffffft
>>
>>73068247
>>73068264
>>73068194
>>73068174
she said on twitter that she disabled them because of mras and trolls. you know what? if you read the comments of her videos posted by her fans you will see that the vast majority of them are positive. she has very few haters irl.
>>
>>73068406
Right, butthurt.
>>
>>73068321
>AOTD posts
that's a meme. i don't mind it.
>>
While I love Grimes, I do want to see these shills, trolls and faggots foxed and pushed away from this board, they are NEVER capable of talking or arguing in a way that isn't austically enraged or obsessed, or capable of subtlety. They are like manchildren.
>>
>>73068418
no. call her a sensible soul. she's an artist after all.
>>
>>73068432
To some degree I suppose. I don't mind if people don't like her. That's your prerogative. I don't believe everyone MUST like her or listen to her music. I'm interested in the discussion, however.
>>
>>73068339
listen to all her discography at least once. you will see how diverse and out there it is. btw, her newer stuff is more accessible but the older stuff is really out there. give it a chance to her music.
>>
>>73068448
Making stuff doesn't preclude someone from being butthurt.
>>
>>73068362
>Her new shit is very mainstream and well... more mainstream.
it's catchy but mainstream? seriously? how many mainstream albums are like art angels?
>>
>>73068476
This is true.
>>
>>73068520
She has admitted in many interviews her soft spot for and love of "vapid pop music" and that's what Art Angels is. An unapologetic tribute to her favorite type of "hit the pleasure centre" music. It's meant to sound like everything else, by design.

Don't be offended anon. She means well.
>>
File: grimes.png (583KB, 911x484px) Image search: [Google]
grimes.png
583KB, 911x484px
>>
>>73068580
>She has admitted in many interviews her soft spot for and love of "vapid pop music" and that's what Art Angels is.
that's bullshit. liking something =/= making something. she liked some vapid stuff but that doesn't mean she did vapid stuff. no offense but your logic is terrible. don't call yourself a fan if you believe that aa is vapid pop music. this is pop with a meaning, with emotions.

>vapid: offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging; bland.

explain how aa is vapid.
>>
>>73065762
>her music is unremarkable pop.
Then why are you remarking on it?
>>
>>73068817
that anon: btfo.
>>
>>73068765
But that's just it, where is the meaning? What does it mean then? A lot of the stuff is formed on the basis of what is important to her at the time. Not all of her music must be this endless reservoir of emotion and passion. Like California for instance, what the hell does that mean? It's a song about california.

I'm not shitting on AA, mind you. I like the album. World Princess 2 is my fav. song on the album. But even then, supposedly that has much to do with her feud with Seb no? Maybe that's more of a personal song.

I'm not automatically assuming it's "vapid" but that she has said that about her own interests. That most of what people consider pop music is vapid nonsense with the word "baby" over and over again.

If you've got the memo on what all these songs mean, feel free to share them. If there's this depth to that album, i'm perhaps not seeing it.
>>
>>73065762
And why are you posting screenshots of your own retarded shitposting?
>>
>>73065203
Grimes is a disgusting goblin who makes garbage music I hope she gets raped again.
>>
>>73068841
Wow... damn dude. Just took the gloves off straight off the bat huh? didn't even warm up with an underhand or a curveball... just straight up goes for the jugular. Fucking savage.
>>
File: bottleup.jpg (47KB, 785x644px) Image search: [Google]
bottleup.jpg
47KB, 785x644px
I wish grimes was this bottle, then I would be happy every day.
>>
>>73068830
>Like California for instance, what the hell does that mean? It's a song about california.
seriously? did you even read the fucking lyrics?

read these fragments:
This, this music makes me cry
It sounds just like my soul
Oh, I'm not ready to win
Oh Lord, cause I don't wanna know what they say
Cause I get carried away
Commodifying all the pain

The things they see in me, I cannot see myself
When you get bored of me, I'll be back on the shelf
And when the ocean rises up above the ground
Maybe I'll drown in...

California
You only like me when you think I'm looking sad
California
I didn't think you'd end up treating me so bad

is this stuff only about california? think again. this stuff is pretty dark, don't you think?

if that's vapid i'm mao zedong.
>>
>>73068830
>I'm not shitting on AA, mind you.
>proceeds to shit on it by calling it vapid pop
you lost my respect. you're shallow as fuck.
>>
>>73065789
>they have to be on the cutting edge
So you're saying that her art is cutting edge? All you're doing here is describing the typical vapid treatment Evil Media gives everyone it covers. Grimes has even written a mini-expose about it in the form of the song California.
>>
>>73068934
Uh... i'm not saying her work is vapid. I'm saying SHE SAID she really liked vapid pop music and that it must have rubbed off into her Art Angels album because it sounds JUST LIKE VAPID POP MUSIC. That doesn't mean I think it's vapid bullshit.

Does everything in this thread have to be super serious? I just want to casually chit chat about this I don't want it to become a religion.
>>
>>73068973
Think what you wish. See my post above.
>>
>>73066222
>the fact that she's famous hardly has anything to do with her music.
Why is it, then, that she didn't start becoming famous until after she started making music/releasing it to the public and before she had started working with any outside professional marketing experts? (Grimes signed to Purple PR in 2015.)
>>
>>73066411
>She's nothing special.
Then why are you talking about her? Why is she worth your time?
>>
>>73066439
>compilations
Compilations of what? Music? Do you not like listening to albums with music on them?
>>
>>73065762
>also, grimesfags are mentally unstable (to say the least)
Is this supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>73066472
>she obviously needs a primary means of reaching people. all i'm saying is that there are many other factors which reinforce her public persona, and her fame is not a direct result of her making the music that she does.
see
>>73069483
>>
this is popular
>>
>>73067980
fucking hell
>>
>>73065203
nobody cares bout yer old lady
how ol is she 60??
>>
>>73066472
>punitive damages for libel.
Over their coverage of Ott? Nope. Time to move on desu. Imo great irony about Ott's writings, if you check them out, is that they tend to be as entirely devoid of actual music discussion (which is to say, analysis of basic musical concepts like theory or timbral distinctions) as the worst claims he made of artist's music being devoid of... music (itself an entirely nonsensical claim.)
>>
>>73066473
>from the 80's.
Why are you living in the past desu?
>>
the anti-depressants are fucking her brain up even worse

must be strong shit
>>
>>73066575
>I listen to a lot of the genres she takes influence from
Cool. Do you listen to lots of examples of music from the specific genre she actually makes?
>>
>>73066584
see
>>73069483
>>
>>73069927
why are you people so annoying
>>
this is still the one of the most selfish things ive been attributed to, the worst part is knowing she's happy
>>
>>73066651
>dude what you're asking for is an exact replica of a grimes song. that doesn't exist.
So what you are saying is that there is no direct equivalent listening experience to the one found in listening to one of Grimes' songs? I guess that would explain why so many people like her music.
>>
>>73069962
What does that mean?
>>
>>73066651
>dude what you're asking for is an exact replica of a grimes song. that doesn't exist
Why are you directing this to the author of >>73066509 rather than the author of >>73066473 ?
>>
>>73068841
Again?
Can I get a quick rundown
>>
>>73067156
the doxx'ing thing wasn't a meme you random shithead
>>
>>73070013
it means she's an ugly cunt LOL
>>
>>73070081
Are you just trolling? I guess you're trolling.
>>
>>73070096
wow this is sad
>>
>>73066785
>the reason shes remarkable is because nobody has ever done such a mediocre job at it
Anon, mediocre means average.
Remarkable means something which lies outside the bounds of normal expectations, also known as an outlier - i.e the OPPOSITE of average.
>>
>>73070127
Yeah i'm having a hard time following your sarcasm or your inverse logic. I'm not sure which. Make more sense man.
>>
>>73066795
One word: music.
>>
>>73066813
>you have no way of proving this.
What is there to prove? It was a subjective statement.
>>
>>73070096
hard to believe for you but honesty still exists, and it's sincerely hard for me to look at her. She makes me feel gross.
>>
>>73070149
you're not even trying
>>
>>73070191
Oh it's you senpai. No worries brother. It will heal in time. You shouldn't feel gross. You have very strong feelings for her, i'm sure. There is no way for her to reciprocate those feelings.

I sometimes feel this way about her too. But I know in my heart that this is not something that will happen. Even if I sometimes think it would be really, really cool.

I know she's happy and with people she loves. Maybe Hana, Maybe James... maybe other friends and family of hers. It's only important to me that she's happy.

I hope you find a way to be happy anon. I worry about you.
>>
>>73068829
oh wow you 2 are exactly alike that's so cute
>>
>>73066813
>neither of us can objectively say shit. gg
see
>>73069483

By all accounts, Grimes has been actively being her benignly caustic self in public since the mid 2000s. However it wasn't until after the release of her first album Geidi Primes in 2010 (which was entirely devoid of any sort of visual component as promo) that her game started to rise?
>>
>>73070238
i have the feeling you wouldn't so much as acknowledge you or offer you basic human dignity, what do you think?
>>
>>73070306
Not sure what you mean there. Can you reword what you wrote? (serious) i'm not sure what you're asking. Did you mean she wouldn't so much acknowledge? Or me?
>>
>>73070328
do you actually care?
>>
>>73066913
Grimes signed to Roc Nation's artist management wing in December of 2013, while her fame took off in earnest in January 2012 with the release of Visions. Know ye not that the internet is a repository of information?
>>
>>73070328
oh, i see. i mean *you wouldn't. stress is causing me fuck up here, so thanks for that
>>
>>73070423
*she wouldn't. fucked it up again.
>>
>>73070328
ok well ive corrected myself, do your part please
>>
wow ok
>>
hi im new
>>
>>73067100
>she currently has 4 different PR agencies
see
>>73069483
The first contacts listed are all just regional affiliates for Purple PR. The last one (the beggars.com one) is actually her international label's (4AD/Beggars Banquet) - not a personal or representative of hers.
>>
test
>>
>>73070401
Sure. That's what i'm in these threads. Not for you specifically, but the whole grimes thing is interesting. Just that I don't think anyone should have to suffer any of it.
>>
>>73066125
>implying any mainstream pop star these days don't make shit music and yet are still popular
hell lana del rey even showed that she's a shitty singer irl and she's still popular just because she acts as a suicidal sugar baby
>>
>>73070528
Well I do care Anon. I think we should all be able to enjoy her music and this whole thing without being sucked in further than we're comfortable.
>>
>>73070636
if you don't think people should suffer these threads then when do you bump them? i've been here for a very long time, i could just be waiting to die
>>
>>73067474
>>73067651
me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/Submit
adjective
of only moderate quality; not very good.
"a mediocre actor"

please tell me how the fuck somebody can be remarkably moderate. if you said she was remarkably disgusting it would make more sense. the whole idea of moderation means not outside 2-3 standard deviations, ordinary.
>>
Anyways Anons, i've gotta bugger off for the night and get my sleep on. I hope you guys have a great night. Sleep tight and all that. Don't get too caught up in this stuff. Oh and don't fight with each other.
>>
>>73070666
you don't care anon, none this resembles someone who actually cares. this has all been an effort of exploitation
>>
>>73070727
You shouldn't. I think they're cool, you've been here a long time. Maybe you need some rest anon. Get some sleep. I'm going off to sleep. I'll talk to you again in the next thread or this one if it survives 'till tomorrow.

We'll continue this all again soon. Hope you have a good night Anon. Take care for now.
>>
>>73070734
we just started talking and you leave. you're actually a terrible person
>>
>>73070771
I've been in this thread for a few hours Anon. I was in the last thread too. I'll be in the next one. I'm tired Anon. I've been up all day. I mean well Anon. You'll just have to trust me.
>>
>>73068999
>it sounds just like vapid pop music
>doesn't mean I think it's vapid bullshit
do you not use your ears to listen and decide what you think about a piece of music
>>
>grimesfags
>>
>>73070788
What time is it where you are, Anon?
>>
>>73070761
this isn't cool at all. it isn't doing anything for anyone else
>>
>>73070797
Not sure if you're the same anon or another. But i'm going off to sleep. I do listen with my own ears. I think her earlier albums are more deep to me. AA wasn't as deep IMO. But that's just my opinion.

I think that's my last comment for tonight. I'll catch up with you guys in the next thread or this one if it stays around 'till morning.

I wish you guys all the best.
>>
>>73070832
it's not the same anon, weren't you tracking him or something?
>>
File: PicsArt_05-30-12.46.01.jpg (28KB, 640x269px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_05-30-12.46.01.jpg
28KB, 640x269px
I prefer her earlier work
>>
>>73070788
Please stop all of this. It's for your own good.
>>
i hope our grimey is sleeping well
>>
pork roll egg and cheese
>>
do you think some lyrics on Art Angels were inspired by waifufags?
it's confirmed that she visited /mu/ after becoming successful
>>
>>73065203
wow these threads are booming. i wasn't even here for it. incredible
>>
>>73071789
no fucking way this is mind blowing stuff. damn
>>
>>73067309
Tbh you actually admitting to having some level of a sense of humor in all this probably would help desu. As it stands, practically nothing you say can be taken seriously by a sensible person at all.
>>
>>73071939
what did you mean by this
>>
>>73071970
his comment were deleted
>>
>>73071975
no fucking way this is mind blowing stuff. damn
>>
>>73071999
pls elaborate stop posting the same line
>>
>>73067334
see
>>73070581

PS: Tacking '-fag' onto the ends of nouns makes you sound like a teenage boy - and not in a good way.
>>
>>73072013
nah, im not going to explain anything to you
>>
>>73067613
>entire agencies of people
see
>>73070581
>>
>>73072097
why?
>>
>>73072120
because i hate you
>>
>>73067439
>*strums one note
Lol you legitimately know nothing about playing the guitar.

"Strum" is an onamonapaic term for when you play multiple notes on a stringed instrument by plucking multiple strings at the same time. You can't "strum" a single note.
>>
>>73072126
why?
>>
>>73072216
because i'm an ornamental puppet, why not?
>>
>>73067548
>a more interesting timbre then standard overdriven e-guitar sound.
Since when does the tone from an EVH 5150 (which has SEVEN 12AX7s in the preamp section alone) count as "standard overdriven e-guitar sound"?
>>
>>73067548
>She clearly has
Had - not 'has'. This album was made in the past desu. Her guitar playing skill is a constantly developing thing just like yours.
>>
>>73067566
>but the reason why so many people know about her to begin with is because she has cultivated an interesting public persona
see
>>73069483
Your overall point simply doesn't fit with the timeline of actual facts desu.
>>
why the fuck are these threads still being made
>>
BE NICE TO GRIMES EVERYONE DON'T FORGET
>>
>>73072425
ok thanks
>>
>>73072482
no, thank you
>>
File: grimes_my_family_hates_me.jpg (102KB, 750x822px) Image search: [Google]
grimes_my_family_hates_me.jpg
102KB, 750x822px
>>73067566
>because she's good with the public
What exactly are you smoking right now?
>>
>>73072499
she had that slutty looking picture for a long time

if i say anything honest though ill just be banned
>>
>>73072499
Grimes just comes off as some random tumblr bitch in most of her posts, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>73067573
Grimes is one of the most transparently derivative artists (a seeming paradox I know, given how often her stuff ends up sounding wholly unique) making music today. It's one of the main reasons why I am such a big fan of hers (in addition to loving her music.) She isn't afraid to - even takes relish in - acknowledging the key role sources of inspiration play in forming her art (e.g. skip to 4:50):
https://youtu.be/fi2N5KHgO80
>>
>>73072635
please focus on 1 point
>>
>>73072515
what did you think when she started using that image? what did you think of her that whole time she used it? were you only thinking the worst?
>>
I have never listened to grimes where do i start
>>
>>73065203
please keep making these its doing people a great service
>>
>>73072831
greed, holy money. start there
>>
>>73072831

spotify:album:5hB4jVN4ZHpubyiMmW81K1
>>
looks like a disgusting rat, too much reverb, has a speech

2/10 would not bang
>>
>>73073244

i dont get this stupid rat meme

they said the same about christina aguliara
>>
My i5-2500k runs stable at 4.7GHz 1.25v

There is no reason to upgrade, neither AMDrones or Intel fanboys eager to be cucked by a new motherboard standard have any reason at all.

If you upgrade past Sandy Bridge, you're a bad consumer, and you should feel bad. Virtualization does not need hypervisor tech unless you're a winbabby.

Also Grimes is pretty dope
>>
>>73065203
Finally you wankers have a place where you can suck each other dicks and stop infesting the main board. Bunch of cancerous neckbearded virgins waifufags
>>
File: 1462277677426.jpg (42KB, 618x518px) Image search: [Google]
1462277677426.jpg
42KB, 618x518px
>>73074504
(you)
>>
>>73074659
Remove 100kg, pony tail and glasses and that's literally me laughing at you wankers finally trapped in a general like the bunch of fags that you are
>>
>>73065203
kill v. maim is her only good song. everything else is trash.
>>
>>73067962
ha ha ha
>>
>>73072831
start with visions
>>
>>73074803
now that's an edgy opinion. try harder.
>>
>>73074803
it's not even the best song of that album you filthy pleb
>>
>>73075619
you remind me of /mu
>>
>>73074721
i don't see the humor in that
>>
>>73075732
I do, my man, i do.
>>
>>73075969
why?
>>
>>73067645
see
>>73070581
>>
>>73067651
>remarkably mediocre
see
>>73070139
>>
>>73067713
see
>>73070581
>>
>>73076129
please stop
>>
>>73067768
>Playing the guitar like a bass and just strumming one note in 4/4 isn't a good sound.
It worked for greats like Ricky Wilson of the B52s (he would even swap out his low e for a bass guitar strings and detune for more low end range.) You not liking a particular playing style doesn't make it objectively bad desu.

>sound like a 14 year old's attempt at composition.
This is about playing technique, not compositional skill, and see above.
>>
did someone have recent pictures of her?
>>
File: 1488071677849.jpg (50KB, 889x718px) Image search: [Google]
1488071677849.jpg
50KB, 889x718px
>>73076258

>>73076219
The guitar piece in AA goes back to 70's funk, that poster is a retard.
>>
Is she seriously a witch? I haven't been able to stop listening to her music or thinking about her since I learned of her.
>>
File: 1491680562486.jpg (2MB, 2804x2007px) Image search: [Google]
1491680562486.jpg
2MB, 2804x2007px
>>73076303
Just captivating, some women have that effect.
>>
File: 1496093417324.jpg (304KB, 750x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1496093417324.jpg
304KB, 750x1282px
>>73076258
>>
File: 1496094292256.png (928KB, 640x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1496094292256.png
928KB, 640x1013px
>>73076303
she's truly captivating. her music even more.

>since I learned of her
when and how?
>>
claire
>>
>>73067928
Anon, if you ask me, the funniest part of Grimes actually now having (as of a year or two ago) professional PR people working for her is how poor a job they've done in preventing her from getting herself into PR nightmares.

I love Grimes and all, but attempting to manage her PR for her sounds like a nightmare straight from hell. Which is to say, God bless the people over at Purple PR.
>>
File: 1496094199559.png (714KB, 719x713px) Image search: [Google]
1496094199559.png
714KB, 719x713px
>>73076480
she's too wild to have a really professional image. i'd say her own amateurish pr through her social media is a big part of her appeal. it makes her look human.
>>
>>73076290
thank you
>>
File: 10.jpg (62KB, 1080x718px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
62KB, 1080x718px
>>73076646
>>
>>73068041
Fwiw you're gonna get as many different answers to this as respondents. For me it's that her music contains levels of detail and sonic nuance usually only found in classical music. Plus her general sonic pallate contains lots of elements from my personal favorite genre of contemporary music - 80s new wave and all its variants/close relatives.
>>
>>73068041
her music is emotional and chaotic but also helpful

you should listen to it
>>
>>73075969
i wish you explained this for me
>>
>>73075969
you might be sick in the head, friend
>>
>>73068830
The difference between mediocre (disposable) pop and truly great pop music is that the latter has intellectual depth to it in addition to emotional appeal.

The thing is, pop music - when properly executed - doesn't force the listener into needing to have knowledge of what it's all about. Art Angels is a great pop album. Virtually every song on it has depth to it, if you go looking for it.
>>
>>73077374
shitty music is still important to people
>>
>>73077638
except that they're shit people though xd
>>
her fans are extremely sophisticated

grimes owns your soul
>>
>>73077374
Sure. But this does not negate what she said in her interviews. I'd tend to agree with her before I interpret the assumptions or analysis of someone on the internet.
>>
>>73076625
Precisely what you said is what I think as well. Her being more relatable is more important than her being "professional" in image. So long as she does her thing I think she's capable of being successful.
>>
>>73077638
Shitty is also subjective.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.