[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beatles 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Gallagheresay.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gallagheresay.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
You guys got a some stupid fuckin' problem with my tunes?
You better give me some fuckin' beautiful compliments right now before I come round and bash yer stupid mam's head in.
>>
>>73064993
You both have ugly unibrows and you only insult other musicians because they ended up having more than 1 hit in other countries.
>>
Best Liam Gallagher is that Half-breed baby from Shameless
>>
>>73065009
>because they ended up having more than 1 hit in other countries.
I know in America they had Wonderwall, but also Champagne Supernova and that "so Sally can wait" one. Not sure about others though...
>>
>>73065028
Occasional airplay =/= a top 40 hit.
They are literally a one hit wonder in the USA.
>>
>>73065028
That'd be Don't Look Back in Anger lad,
>>73065009
Morning Glory hit no 1 in UK, AUS, CAN, SWE etc...
>>
File: lenno coke.jpg (8KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
lenno coke.jpg
8KB, 294x171px
>>73065009
> Good looking = good musician

nice meme
>>
>>73065054
>Occasional airplay =/= a top 40 hit
Champagne Supernova went to number 20 on the US radio charts and was on the charts longer than Wonderwall you mong.

According to Billboard magazine, Champagne Supernova was the #26 top played song in 1996 while Wonderwall was #43:
https://books.google.ch/books?id=sQkEAAAAMBAJ&pg=RA1-PA42-IA11 (paage 72)

Oasis had tons of airplay and MTV play in the states in '96 you nonce.
>>
>>73065301
That was neither said nor implied.

The Gallagher brothers being ugly is unrelated to their music. They're just ugly.
>>
File: Parker.jpg (30KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Parker.jpg
30KB, 400x267px
They're the mongoloid offspring of Parker from Thunderbirds, but those first couple of abums are great
>>
>>73065328
Then how come Wonderwall was the only song of theirs to hit top 40 the billboard hot 100
>>
>>73065352
No physical American release, as far as I can tell
Their earliest albums are Platinum in America
>>
>>73064993
I don't like people who are proud of their own stupidity
>>
>>73065345
Dear god, did they model their eyebrows after his, its fucking uncanny.
>>
>>73065378
this, until 1998 even if you got crazy airplay on radio, if you couldn't buy a single on cd, 7" or 12", or cassette in a store, it didn't count towards the Hot 100
>>
>>73065337
>The Gallagher brothers being ugly is unrelated to their music.
>proceeds to bring it up in a discussion about their music.
>>
>Wonderwall
US Billboard Hot 100 - #8
US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay - #8
US Mainstream Top 40 - #10
US Mainstream Rock - #9
US Alternative Songs - #1
US Adult Top 40 - #30

>Champagne Supernova
US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay - #20
US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 - #10
US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks - #1
US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks - #8
US Billboard Adult Top 40 Tracks - #33

>Don't Look Back in Anger
US Billboard Hot 100 - #55
US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay - #40
US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 - #33
US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks - #10

>Don't Go Away
US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay - #35
US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 - #35
US Billboard Adult Top 40 Tracks - #27
US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks - #36
US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks - #5

>Live Forever
US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay - #39
US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks - #2
US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks - #10

>D'You Know What I Mean?
US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay - #49
US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks - #4
US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks - #36

"one hit wonder"
>>
>>73065452
Just because I brought it up doesn't mean the two are connected. We can't discuss both separately?
>>
>>73065759
i've literally never heard of any of those except wonderwall you retarded faggot
>>
>>73065759
Only one of those hits hit the top 40 on the hot 100.

That's what a 'hit' is by definition. They are a one hit wonder. Just accept it.
>>
>>73065793
Listen to Don't look back in Anger and Champagne supernova, you won't regret it anon.
>>
>>73065796
>Only one of those hits hit the top 40 on the hot 100.
>That's what a 'hit' is by definition. They are a one hit wonder. Just accept it.
But the only reason Champagne Supernova isn't on there is because it had no physical single release. It's just semantics. It was literally a huge hit in it's own right and still is today.

By your logic, Muse, The White Stripes, Blink 182, Snow Patrol, Gorillaz, System of a Down, Fatboy Slim, Beck, Iggy Pop, the Grateful Dead, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Talk Talk, Roxy Music, Lou Reed, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Nina Simone, and Kraftwerk are all one hit wonders because they only ever had one single reach the Top 40 of the Hot 100.
>>
>>73065887
>By your logic, Muse, The White Stripes, Blink 182, Snow Patrol, Gorillaz, System of a Down, Fatboy Slim, Beck, Iggy Pop, the Grateful Dead, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Talk Talk, Roxy Music, Lou Reed, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Nina Simone, and Kraftwerk are all one hit wonders because they only ever had one single reach the Top 40 of the Hot 100.
Yes. They are.

Them being one hit wonders does not add or detract the quality of their music. But they ARE one hit wonders.
>>
>>73065887
>>73065950
The difference is that those artists outlasted their 15 minutes of fame, had other clearly popular songs (or "hits") in the mainstream that simply did make the Billboard Top 40 for whatever reason, had large fanbases, and careers that extended beyond their one hit.

You can't say the same for Oasis. They effectively started and ended their career in the 3 months that wonderwall was a hit.
>>
>HOW MENI SPECIAL PEOPLE CHAIIIIIYNGE
>HOW MENI LAVES ARE LIVIN STRIIIIYNGE
>WEH WUH YOU WHILE WEEE WERE GETTIN HIGH?
>SLOWLY WALKIN DAUN THE HAAALLL
>FASTA THEEEEN A CENNANBAAALL
>WEH WUH YOU WHILE WEEE WERE GETTIN HIGH?
>SOMEDIY YOU WILL FIND MEEEE CAUGHT BINEEEETH THE LANDSLI-IIII-DE
>IN A CHAMPAIYNE SOOPANOVER IN THE SKY
>A CHAMPAIYNE SOOPANOVA, A CHAMPIYNE SOOPANOVER IN THE SKY

What did they mean by this?
>>
Oashits
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.