[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-blues influenced/inspired rock music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1473491509671.jpg (150KB, 759x782px) Image search: [Google]
1473491509671.jpg
150KB, 759x782px
I know that bands like The smiths and other alternative/indie acts are supposed to lack any blues characteristics but i feel unsure, so i would like a more specific explanation. I think the web is kind of unreliable on this subject but maybe i'm just dumb. Post some examples if you think it's needed.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>73063310
Blues is heavily syncopated like jazz. It also involves adding the flat fifth to the minor pentatonic scale and the flat third to the major pentatonic scale. This is the blue note. It also involves bending notes so they are inbetween other notes. Such as being between the minor and major thirds. All of these elements are very heavily a part of black music especially around the time of rock developing. To get rid of the bluesy black influences, play more than the pentatonic scale, avoid blue notes and in betweens, and limit the syncopation. I think most post punk goes for this sound and pulls it off
>>
>>73063457
Thanks you very much, that was the kind of answer i was hoping to get. Clear and precise.
>>
>>73063457
except for your syncopation and note bending ok. otherwise you could still be describing sonic youth
>>
>Non-blues influenced/inspired rock music
>ITT: Faggots
>>
>>73065185
>itt: people interested in music
and then there's you

>>73064272
that's like 1/2 of the criteria though
>>
>>73065315
>itt: people interested in music

My bad, my man!

>ITT: Leftist faggots
>>
>>73064272
Sonic youth is heavily blues influenced.
>>
>>73065340
what
>>
>>73063310
Which rock bands are like this?
>>
>>73065392
more plox?
>>
>>73066327
What?
>>
>>73063310
listen to canned heart living the blues ya cunt
>>
>>73066348
information plox
>>
>>73063310
except for some non-mainstream genres, rock hasn't been blues-influenced since progressive rock
>>
i always thought a 'blue note' was once that was purposefully and significantly sorta off, not just 'emphatically trilled' like wikipedia suggests....like theres this one note just HONKED on Kinda Blue, forget the the song and cant remember if its Coltrane or Adderly soloing....
>>
>>73066466
and yet it has bends and syncopation.........hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>73066395
What are you talking about? What does plox mean?
>>
>>73066498
syncopation existed centuries before blues
>>
>>73066466
QOTSA is heavily blues based and popular. Almost all guitar soloing in rock songs is very blues based
>>
>>73066527
hey faggot
i didnt propose op's proposition
>>
>>73066504
it clealy means you are having some trouble.
id suggest deleting your system32 folder immediately to fix
>>
>>73063310
where tf does this pic come from?
>>
>>73067458
The Lost Modern Basketball Courts of South America, Assouline, 2007
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSv6SEN3SKo
>>
>>73067884
Nice thanks for sharing
>>
>>73066504
it means please newfag
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.