[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any bands make 1st wave post rock sounding stuff anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 71tOFUGVgOL._SL1205_.jpg (168KB, 1205x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71tOFUGVgOL._SL1205_.jpg
168KB, 1205x1200px
Do any bands make 1st wave post rock sounding stuff anymore? I want to hear the influences from krautrock, minimalism and jazz
>>
>>73039716
>1st wave
>post-rock
oxymoron
>genre
>/ˈZHänrə/
>noun
>a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.
Please point out the similarities in form, style and subject matter between Talk Talk's "Laughing Stock", Slint's "Spiderland" and Swan's "Soundtracks for the Blind".
>>
>>73040855
Anytime someone asks a simple question one of these faggots is bound to show up.
>>
>>73040855
post-rock isn't a genre, it's an umbrella term
>>
>>73040855
>/ˈZHänrə/
this is not how I've been pronouncing "genre" :/
>>
>>73040855
annoying pedantic faggot
>>
>>73041126
It's Djenree
that guy is just a faggot
>>
>>73040855
in fairness to this guy, the OP pretty clearly is saying "recc me good contemporary post rock except don't say GY!BE or EITS or anything that sounds like it."

Which is a frustrating task.
>>
>>73039716
is sufjan post rock?
>>
tortoise is still around, they're decent if you like them. the king of limbs is great, but listen to the live from the basement version. listen to snarky puppy. its not what youre talking about but its good. listen to rachel's and balmorhea.
>>
Check out King Crimson, OP. Very good jazzy post rock.
>>
>>73041368
I love Tortoise but I think their last two albums are bad.
>>
>>73040855

The usage of typical rock instruments to create music with heavy emphasis on textures and other sound experimentations.

One can argue that 1st wave post-rock can be more wide, as a minor part of experimental rock, taking shape on 2nd wave with GY!BE, Mogwai and Sigur Rós.
>>
>>73041473
Kid A is my favourite post-rock album.
>>
>>73041503

You're not wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock#2000s_and_2010s_post-rock
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOYdH6tdSQ&t=1324s

i liked them before /mu/ kids thought they were good
>>
File: uhhuh.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
uhhuh.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>73040855
Kys my dude
>>73039716
Just try Tortoise's TNT and Millions Now Living...
>>
who was that band that put out that bad imitation of laughing stock like 3 years ago?

the record they did before that one had some lead single with lots of taiko(?) drums on it? something something war something.
>>
No, and thank goodness they don't.

Niggas bitch about how second wave post-rock gets cheesy, yet forget just how much of this weird new age cheesy feel first wave bands like Talk Talk, Bark Psychosis, Dirty Three, etc. have. Their style is the worst shit to happen to the rock and jazz genres. Only Tortoise and Disco Inferno are really redeemable thanks to their electronic fuckery.
>>
>>73041707
>new age cheesy feel

oh, you're that guy, please fuck off
>>
>>73041707
I take it you don't like Astral Weeks
>>
>>73041702
just remembered:
these new puritans, that's the one.
what a terrible, overly compressed, unlistenable piece of garbage that album is.
>>
>>73040855
fpwp
>>
>>73039716
if you want 1st wave post rock sounding stuff, maybe you should listen to 1st wave post rock
>>
Radiohead
>>
File: 1462882148393.jpg (54KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
1462882148393.jpg
54KB, 1024x578px
There is literally nothing wrong with 3rd wave post-rock. It's not the same thing but that doesn't make it shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.