[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodnight Sweet Prince

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: gregg-allman-001.jpg (35KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
gregg-allman-001.jpg
35KB, 600x340px
Press F for Respect
>>
>>73037127

a goddamned legend...his band was one of the greatest American bands of all time.
>>
>>73037127
Rip Gregg.
Thanks for the jams.
>>
F
F
F
F
F
>>
File: RIP Old Gregg.jpg (88KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Old Gregg.jpg
88KB, 900x900px
>>73037127
>he was LITERALLY Old Gregg

RIP
>>
f
>>
>>73037127

I guess the road does not go on for ever....

first Butchie and now Gregory...

Fuck
>>
damn just heard the news...oh boy.

one of the greatest singers ever in one of the greatest bands ever....blues, jazz, soul, country, rock. they did it all.

RIP
>>
File: 1495914026663.jpg (18KB, 443x196px) Image search: [Google]
1495914026663.jpg
18KB, 443x196px
Peace and love.
>>
Literally who?

jk, F
>>
Where to start with the Allman Brothers? All I know is Ramblin' Man

Also, F
>>
>>73039856
Holy fucking kek
>>
>>73040795
Start with their live album "At Fillmore East", to get the quintessential experience. "Idlewild South", "Eat a Peach" and "Brothers and Sisters" are top tier albums as well.

So long, Gregg. Thanks for the music.
>>
>>73040795
Jessica
>>
damn it 2015

if dubs john lennon is next
>>
>it's another '/mu/ pretends to care about someone they barely know' episode again
>>
>>73040904
>implying I didn't grow up with The Allman Brothers
>>
>>73040904
This
>>
>>73040960
Are you guys just plebs or underage b&
>>
>>73041039
*Partrician
>>
>>73040795
for some recent context - try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
>>
>>73037127

this sucks.

Saw them at the Beacon a few years ago...Wasnt really a fan just went cuz a friend had an extra ticket and cuz why not. could not believe how good they were. Gregg was like a living legend and his singing so powerfully soulful.

now hes just a legend
>>
>>73037127
Shit man Sweet Home Alabama was a fuckin classic. RIP
>>
>>73037127
yea no idea who this old geezer is
must be why he don't got a sticky
>>
>>73041433

if you truly have no idea who he is then you are a fucking pleb...just sayin'
>>
File: 1495389208854.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1495389208854.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>>73041333
>>73041433
>dubs and trips wasted on these worthless posts
>>
>>73037127
for a white boy he sure could sing the blues.

but prolly would have been a dentist were it not for his brother.
>>
>>73037127

dropping...like flies.
>>
so much of the movie Almost Famous was about Gregg and the Allman Brothers Band. Cameron Crowe has a lot of cool things to say about being on tour with them.
>>
Why is this not a sticky?
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Idlewild South [Atco, 1970]

Anybody who can comp for Aretha Franklin and ghost as the fifth Domino is obviously on his way to titanhood. One guitarist never made an album, though, and this is a lot more than brother Duane's showcase. Backup guitarist Dickey Betts puts in two songs of inspiration--"Revival" shoulda been a hit--and Berry Oakley's bright "Hoochie Coochie Man" is a relief from the one-dimensional moan of the real leader of this band: little brother Gregg, whose "Midnight Rider" puts me in a forgiving mood anyway. B+

Live at the Fillmore East [Capricorn, 1971]

Four sides comprising seven titles--only two of them repeated (ad infinitum) from the band's studio albums--and they sure do boogie. But even if Duane Allman plus Dickey Betts does equal Jerry Garcia, the Dead know roads are for getting somewhere. That is, Garcia (not to bring in John Coltrane) always takes you someplace unexpected on a long solo. I guess the appeal here is the inevitability of it all. B-
>>
>>73042825
Eat a Peach [Capricorn, 1972]

Side three is a magnificent testament. It opens with Gregg doing Sonny Boy Williamson justice, wrenches through some of the most formally intense accompaniment Duane ever played, skips into a high-spirited Dickey Betts tune, and provides a coda for a whole sensibility in one two-minute acoustic duet. Side one sandwiches two subordinary Greggeries around an instrumental excursion that sounds like Dickey OD-ing on Live/Dead. And sides two and four comprise thirty-four minutes with an all-too-relaxing theme by Donovan Leitch. I know the pace of living is slow down there, but this verges on the comatose. And all the tape in the world isn't going to bring Duane back. B

Brothers and Sisters [Capricorn, 1973]

Simplicity can be a virtue--the nice thing about the Allmans is that when they put two five-year-olds on the cover we know it's not some "decadent" joke. Gregg Allman is a predictable singer who never has an unpredictable lyric to work with anyway, and the jams do roll on, but at their best--"Ramblin' Man," a miraculous revitalization of rock's earliest conceit--they just may be the best, and on this album Dickey Betts's melodious spirituality provides unity and renewal. A-

Win, Lose or Draw [Capricorn, 1975]

I've been telling cynics that the Brothers haven't broken up. Now I feel like maybe I was taken. C

The Road Goes On Forever [Capricorn, 1975]

Not all of it is great as those who crave it all believe. But given how poorly the Brothers' live extrapolations fare without their spectacular visuals, this seventeen-cut, two-record compilation is the one to own if one is all you need. A-
>>
Farewell Gregg ;____;

F
>>
>>73037127
He's finally untied from the whipping post
F : RIP
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.