[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is better than Trout Mask Replica. So is Lick My Decals Off, Baby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Safe_as_Milk.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Safe_as_Milk.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
This is better than Trout Mask Replica. So is Lick My Decals Off, Baby
>>
>>73022508
both of those are 9.5/10, but tmr just takes it a step further.
>>
>>73022530
Trout Mask Replica has more great songs on it, but the fact that it's a double album makes it less enjoyable to actually listen to the whole thing in one sitting.
>>
Listen to TMR's instrumentals without the vocals, it can't really be compared to Safe As Milk but the intricacy and patterns of how each individual part meets each other makes it probably one of the most significant musical works of the past century period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5_6qCHOAcQ
>>
>>73022600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnWAkAN0hM
>>73022584
the fact that it's a double album just increases the magnitude of it. It has more of an impact on the listener
>>
>>73022637
Does it? The songs on Lick My Decals Off Baby were composed in a similar way and have a similar sound, but the fact that it's a little shorter than 40 minutes means that you can listen to the whole thing without getting fatigued. After a while listening to TMR, everything starts to blend together and it gets harder to break down the songs and hear each part.
>>
this is his best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-Is7krmT8
>>
>>73022600
Nah, I watched theneedledrop whose a genius music critic and he informed me Trout Mask Replica is simply a shitshow to enjoy haha.
>>
>>73022508
The best beefheart is shiny beast
>>
>>73022838
when you listen to something I feel like it's best to have it all consense to yourself mentally as one product, like whatever you take away from it is all one solid mind state, regardless of its size. That said, this mind state is in my opinion is much more grand and farspread for longer albums which are done right (and TMR does it alright, though it admitably doesn't have any strengths for it being a double album other than the expanded mind state like I said, things like Have One On Me and Sing to God and some Autechre stuff are examples that I feel like are better because of their size).

For myself also I very often don't always listen to an album all the way though when I first listen to it, it's something that comes in time. I don't feel an obligation to stick to it in one sitting unless I'm playing a CD/vinyl. I feel like it's better to not have an intention of how you want to hear something and to just go about it naturally, though obviously I also think that albums should be appreciated and heard in full instead of just single songs. The end idea should be to always hear the whole album if its something that you like, but if I were to get a 2 hour album or something I'd probably just skip around it and get a taste of it before attempting going into it full throttle. It took a lot of me doing this with TMR to get into it enough to appreciate it along with its size (obviously as well to appreciate it, period).
>>
>>73022905
that album is definitely underrated but that specific song is nothing notably special
>>73023111
>he actually fucking calls it a meme album in his video
that faggot is seriously the biggest /mu/ drone and he doesn't even try to hide it. His pan on Slowdive is bullshit but I at least respect him for having his own opinion for once
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.