[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you can get past the album title and the title track, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: R-429324-1230852244.jpeg.jpg (148KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
R-429324-1230852244.jpeg.jpg
148KB, 600x608px
If you can get past the album title and the title track, it's actually The Smiths' best album.
>>
"meat is murder" really is one of their best songs, if not the best. purely on an aesthetic level it's great, if you disagree with its message then whatever
>>
they are all the same album, and almost the same songs throughout their entire discography. same tone/ambiance.
>>
>>73017664
>t. only listened to singles
>>
>the smiths
do i have to be homosexual and/or hispanic to understand them?
>>
>>73017677
no

they were a fairly popular band

you will find many working class "blokes" in england who sing their songs very loudly when drunk even though they hate "poofters"
>>
>>73017677
You have to be a celibate to understand them.
>>
>The album title
What? Are you too ignorant and childish to accept that killing animals for food is inhuman?
>>
>>73017677
>hispanic
explain this meme
>>
>>73017904
This
>>
>>73017904
>killing animals for food is inhuman?
Except for the fact that it's a very human thing to do as omnivores.
>>
>>73017567
But the title track is my favorite of the album
TQID>S,HWC>MIM>S/T
>>
>>73017984
Meat Is Murder > The Queen Is Dead > The Smiths > Strangeways
>>
>>73017980
I disagree that killing animals for food is inhumane, but the way we kill animals is definitely inhumane. Humanity is no longer going into the forest and killing deer every once in a while, we're mass slaughtering animals that were bred to be consumed while they live in disgusting environments. I'm no vegan or hippie, but the meat industry is pretty fucked m8
>>
>>73017930
Morrisey is apparently huge with the hispanic crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhSvdH6VUE
>>
>>73018016
Well said
>>
>>73017664
objectively incorrect
>>
>>73017600
It's not even the message. I just think from a musical standpoint it sucks.
>>
>>73018016
agreed. people who claim what we do is 'natural' must have never seen footage of a slaughterhouse/ factory farm, and if they have, they're wilfully ignoring how fucked up their choice is
>>
>>73018465
no it's brilliant. off-kilter but melodically sound and dramatic.
>>
>>73018465
are you stoopid or something?
>>
>>73017904
The title track is good, this is not even close to andrew jewish jihad autism tier. But i guess i know tfw someone mixes their child like political views into their music, KANGdrick lamar is the best example 1/10 stupid nigger.
>>
>>73018488
The length isn't justified. I get the urge to switch off the track before it finishes every time. It's not the only song on the album that exhibits this problem - Barbarism Begins at Home suffers from this as well.
>>73018504
Yeah.
>>
>>73018551
Real talk fora second bro, you really need to work on your writing skills, that sentence made no sense, and was mostly filled with memey buzzwords.
>>
>>73018613
ADHD detected
>>
>>73017664
>barbarianism begins at home = how soon is now? = meat is murder = the headmaster ritual = rusholme ruffians

???
>>
>>73017567
>doesn't like the title track
Ultimate pleb
>>
golden lights is the only bad smiths song and it's only because they didn't write it
>>
>>73020596
Who wrote it? This is indeed their only song I dislike, hated the first seconds of it since the first listen.
>>
>>73017696
that makes them like Queen in the US.
>>
>>73020797
Morrissey was a big Twinkle fan, and wanted to cover a song that was about the downfall after fame. she wrote it while still in high school, it was banned as being too controversial (somewhere not sure where), and after releasing a few singles she retired from music at the age of 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJbf1dzktqg

as easy as it is to picture Morrissey finding that poetic, and as much as he personally liked the source material, their cover of it just doesn't work. the original isn't even very good to listen to. the cover fits nowhere into their discography, hence why it was only ever a b-side and used as a compilation-filler.
>>
>>73020966
Jesus, what a terrible song. Thanks for the info.
>>
http://www.godfist.com/vegansidekick/guide.php

is there a single point this doesn't demolish about carnists?

that being said I hate the smiths but this guy does it right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni5zFqDrY1k
>>
>>73017980
he meant inhumane probably
>>
>>73017664
Could not be more wrong. Try listening to Pretty Girls Make Graves paired up with That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Big Mouth Strikes Again and Shoplifters of the World Unite. See what happens.
>>73017930
Mexicans (yes, Mexicans, so I'm not just generalizing here) can't get enough of him.
>>73018644
Pretty broken and scatter brained, but it still made sense to me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.