[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of conductors, again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: dudamel.jpg (59KB, 960x565px) Image search: [Google]
dudamel.jpg
59KB, 960x565px
What is the point of conductors, again?
>>
>>73013327
none
>>
>>73013327
If you played in an orchestra or brass band you'd understand
>>
>>73013327
To keep every instrument on cue.
>>
They control dynamics and tempo, there's also specific holds at certain parts for specific instruments that will hold for as long as the conductor wills it. They're kind of a human mixer and metronome as well. The percussion watches the conductor and ignores the band completely otherwise the whole thing would fall apart because it's hard for people in the band to decide between listening to the percussion or using their eyes at specific intense moments with complex parts and lots of shit happening at once.
>>
>>73014253
Also to add, the conductor is the focal point for all the instruments. He has the best perspective of the current audio levels and is therefore the best person to determine which sections are playing too loudly or softly. It's hard to tell that while performing with lots of other people blasting their own parts in either side and all around you.
>>
>>73014253
>>73014306
The downbeat motion is also a very strong visual cue
>>
>>73013327
No idea but it's nice to see something related to Venezuela here.
>>
>>73013327
Like traffic cops for music? I dunno.
>>
>>73013327
They do a little dance so the instrument players are entertained.
>>
they are like a cheerleader. they get the orchestra pumped up and keep the audience attentive so they don't fall asleep
>>
>>73014253
Isn't the center of the auditorium the best focal point for sound?
>>
>>73014306
Interesting I never considered that. It's literally live mastering.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.